PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Turn back time

Metathron
10-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Currently playing an impossible mage game, recently switched from a level 5 army to using only vampires and ancient vampires. As you may have assumed, Turn back time has been a real life saver with the level 5s, but in the last two battles in Shettera, the spell refused to work on my decimated vampire stack, either in the first or second round. I've moved with the vampires, attacked with them, and still it claims the troop has not moved. :rolleyes:

What gives? Another (spell) description/translation that's severely lacking?

ckdamascus
10-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Currently playing an impossible mage game, recently switched from a level 5 army to using only vampires and ancient vampires. As you may have assumed, Turn back time has been a real life saver with the level 5s, but in the last two battles in Shettera, the spell refused to work on my decimated vampire stack, either in the first or second round. I've moved with the vampires, attacked with them, and still it claims the troop has not moved. :rolleyes:

What gives? Another (spell) description/translation that's severely lacking?

Does it seem to only be occuring with Vampires? I haven't used Turn Back Time with vampires.

Are you using Tactics 2 by any chance?

Are you transforming?

Metathron
10-18-2010, 09:49 PM
No tactics, but yes! transforming - couldn't survive without the bat's drain life ability. But why should that matter? Does the game consider the bat vampire & humanoid vampire a different unit?

ckdamascus
10-18-2010, 10:00 PM
No tactics, but yes! transforming - couldn't survive without the bat's drain life ability. But why should that matter? Does the game consider the bat vampire & humanoid vampire a different unit?

I'm really not sure, but I think MAYBE it does. If so, I consider this a bug.

Assassins with "Find Weakness" actually consider Ancient Vampire (bat) and Ancient Vampire as two distinct monsters.

It is possible that the transformation is throwing it off. Try it without transforming?

I agree that is pretty bad if that is the problem. Ugh, that sucks. I suppose you could still use EvilN.

Metathron
10-18-2010, 10:22 PM
I suspect you are right and it'll work with the untransformed bat, which sucks a bit because it means I'll have to use TBT in the first round already, when I could wait to soak up some more damage.

Ironically, their transformation is also a substantial boon, because it enables them to shake off all sorts of pesky effects like burning or shock from the lightning spell.

Also, eviln is almost a non-option as in some battles (e.g. against archdemons, those damn ridiculously overpowered orcs!) the level 3 vampires barely survive into the second round, if at all. Plus with the huge armies on impossible many turns usually have to pass before there's a usable corpse.

Anyhow, playing with vampires is a lot of fun and almost as powerful as the dark knight strategy. And I have no special vampire/undead gear or skills at all! :)

ckdamascus
10-18-2010, 10:38 PM
I suspect you are right and it'll work with the untransformed bat, which sucks a bit because it means I'll have to use TBT in the first round already, when I could wait to soak up some more damage.

Ironically, their transformation is also a substantial boon, because it enables them to shake off all sorts of pesky effects like burning or shock from the lightning spell.

Also, eviln is almost a non-option as in some battles (e.g. against archdemons, those damn ridiculously overpowered orcs!) the level 3 vampires barely survive into the second round, if at all. Plus with the huge armies on impossible many turns usually have to pass before there's a usable corpse.

Anyhow, playing with vampires is a lot of fun and almost as powerful as the dark knight strategy. And I have no special vampire/undead gear or skills at all! :)

Ah, well if you get that bonus as a transformation, that is probably why.

Yeah, I really don't like the evilN method of restoration. Takes a while since you lose a round to "regain" units via evilN.

I beat the Champion of the Arena using Ancient Vampires and Vampires. I actually completed the Vampire Set and it is quite amazing. I didn't do no-loss since my primary motivator for it is economical and it seemed like I had enough cash to be ok.

No retaliation is quite a bonus, especially against bosses!

Metathron
10-19-2010, 01:54 AM
No retaliation is great, but pity you can't drain life from bosses too. But maybe that would be too much too ask for.

ckdamascus
10-19-2010, 02:07 AM
No retaliation is great, but pity you can't drain life from bosses too. But maybe that would be too much too ask for.

Maybe the rules are different in Champion of the Arena, but I was fairly certain I was draining the bosses life to revive. I might be wrong though!

Esteral
10-19-2010, 12:34 PM
If you change from vampire to bat or the other way, then turn back will not work for that turn.
You have to be either a bat or vampire from the start of the turn till casting turn back time.

BB Shockwave
10-21-2010, 10:29 PM
Yep, I have been using Vampires in The Legend and this was a common problem.

Also, there is one more possibility - if another unit is standing in the square the unit you want to resurrect has been in the previous turn.

onepiece
10-22-2010, 03:50 AM
Then does the same problem applies for werewolf and werewolf elf (count as two different units)?