PDA

View Full Version : Too buggy Editor to work with!

bladeking77
10-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Hi, unfortunately I'm here to complaint more about the Editor. I tried and tried to work with it, but it is just impossible, as it is in Beta state or even worse.:(

First and most important is the problem with the Textures (look at the attachments to see what is, for some reason, inevitable).
Second, the Editor already crashed to Windows about 50 times, twice crashed my whole computer and twice restarted it, which left my work unsaved and is Really annoying.
Also, there are bunch of other little inconveniences.

We were promised an Editor that would allow us to create whole new worlds, but with this, it will be a miracle if we see anything at all.
It is possible that this is just specific to some (or maybe just me), or that it will be fixed with the upcoming Patch, but if otherwise, could Nike-it (or some other Mod or Admin) report this to the Developers, to see what they have to say.

-Regards, Bladeking77

rancor26
10-19-2010, 06:48 AM
Yes and you're not the only one with these problems. I've talked about my problem plenty of times here but it seems that developers just ignore it. Last time i got so far where they asked my graphic card which i told them and that's it... what kind of customer support is that? it's like going to the shop with money, asking them for bread, they have bread but they don't sell it. Before CW was released there was indeed a good customer support on these forums, plenty of admins and mods around. So what happened? after the game sold developers swam in their money and forgot customers and that's why customer support is poor here for now, so let me get this straight before cw release: no money from customers, good customer support, lots of information... after... MONEY, poor customer support, not much information about patches or fixes to the known bugs etc. so what happened before and after... shouldn't be that hard to notice. I've heard that the developers are working on a patch right now but could they give some information what the patch includes and what problems us customers should still report in order to get them fixed and what things are already being fixed in the future patch.

RichardTyler
11-03-2010, 07:13 AM
Greetings,

Problems with the editor here, as well.

I don't seem to have any documentation for the editor plus it crashes. Also, for whatever reason, what I implement in the editor, I don't have it in the game mode. Yes, I changed the scenario from the main screen to my custom one, but it seems to automatically come back to the main game. Any idea why?

As stated above, a shame that there seem to be problems. The beautiful movie on the KB website shows what you could (theoretically) do with the editor and it seems like a casual way of working with an editor. You know, like with editors for other games. Too bad it's utopia.

I actually enjoyed playing fan-made campaigns prepared for other games, so it would be nice to see some fan-work for KB.

axelle
12-06-2010, 10:43 AM
hopefully they fix it, this editor has a lot of potential.

infernal1800
07-19-2011, 08:33 AM
Sorry for my bad English,

For Bladeking77, your first problem can be solved easily. When you are painting, you have to put down the button "merge map" on the bottom of the menu. By doing this, you can paint other tiles at the same time

Second problem is somewhat annoying, i agree but you can avoid it by saving the progress everytime you've done somethings.

I'm using editor now and I don't have any big problem with it. I've done a few islands and i decided to merge them with the original islands. After download the mod Red Sand of russian guys, I tried to learn their exp system and finally able to use this system on my own campaign. It's quiet funny and I'm still making new map.

Does anyone has done one or more custom maps ???