PDA

View Full Version : Finish the game on 7 days?

hotfix666
10-18-2010, 04:13 PM
I read when someone finish AP in 7 days on impossibel.

How do people that?

Can someone upload video on questfights?

In the beginning of game its hard...
How can people travel from Debir, scarlet and after that Boro and fix the quest and never comes back there to Boro?

loreangelicus
10-18-2010, 05:02 PM
"video on questfights"? I'm not sure what you are pertaining to here...

If you are looking for a sequence of island jumps to complete all quests, check out this link:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14756

Basically if you follow this sequence of island jumps and you get to talk to all npcs necessary for quests then you get to solve all quests. This is for AP though; new quests were added in KBCW.

If you are puzzled by how some fights are done, that is a different matter altogether. For example, in KBAP in Bolo you just need to get the 2nd stone from there; no quests require you to go back to Bolo. As such, just kill everything in Bolo when you first go there (Debir --> Scarlet --> Bolo).

R-14 Gromozeka is arguably the toughest fight there, so you need some serious firepower if you want to do that no-loss early in the game. See attached screenshot of my impossible warrior game battle with R-14. See the red dragon and black dragon? Two Call Colossus scrolls, dug up by the pet dragon in the Debir and Scarlet fights. If you don't mind losses, then it is not so hard, you don't need dragons. Just use a full 5-slot army with good magic resistance (R-14 throws Lightning spells) and does magic damage (R-14's droid units are 50% vulnerable to magic); archmages come to mind here.

hotfix666
10-18-2010, 05:25 PM
"video on questfights"? I'm not sure what you are pertaining to here...

If you are looking for a sequence of island jumps to complete all quests, check out this link:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14756

Basically if you follow this sequence of island jumps and you get to talk to all npcs necessary for quests then you get to solve all quests. This is for AP though; new quests were added in KBCW.

If you are puzzled by how some fights are done, that is a different matter altogether. For example, in KBAP in Bolo you just need to get the 2nd stone from there; no quests require you to go back to Bolo. As such, just kill everything in Bolo when you first go there (Debir --> Scarlet --> Bolo).

R-14 Gromozeka is arguably the toughest fight there, so you need some serious firepower if you want to do that no-loss early in the game. See attached screenshot of my impossible warrior game battle with R-14. See the red dragon and black dragon? Two Call Colossus scrolls, dug up by the pet dragon in the Debir and Scarlet fights. If you don't mind losses, then it is not so hard, you don't need dragons. Just use a full 5-slot army with good magic resistance (R-14 throws Lightning spells) and does magic damage (R-14's droid units are 50% vulnerable to magic); archmages come to mind here.

When I see video i see what happend...I not so good to understand english word :P
Thanks for the answer... Its not important make no losse for me...
So you think I fix that quest with arcmage? what shall I have more in my army?

When you play this game...
You only fight this on
MONTERO:
Hagni - 11,004
Thomas Torkve - 8,498
Crazy Miner - 8,661
Iron Fist - 9,521
Fangol - 15,649

You dont fight another army?

loreangelicus
10-18-2010, 05:52 PM
I see that language is a barrier here, which I completely understand since English isn't my native language as well.

For taking on Bolo enemies try out this lineup: archmage (from Debir/Scarlet), cyclops (from Bolo), royal snakes (from Debir), inquisitors (from Debir/Scarlet), and goblin shamans (from Debir). This is because R-14 is not the only hero enemy you face in Bolo.

And no, that is not the only enemies I faced. The list there is for the enemies that I used an Ancient Knowledge scroll on. Basically that game was a high score game, so you had to kill ALL enemies that you could kill to get you the highest level possible.

Esteral
10-19-2010, 01:34 PM
For Loreangelicus or anyone else who is a speciallist in doing AP in less then 10 days.

How long should you spend per Island ?

At the moment I did :
Debir (killed everything) in 6:30.
Scarlet (killed everything) in 4:50.
Bolo (killed everything) in 3:40.

Verona in 2:50 getting to mage tower (red dragons) and then to Lady Magnet.

In another post of mine ICECOOL comment that 4 hours on Bolo is way to long.
I did bolo without any backtracking or unnecessary walking. (using pause alot also). So is my game time running faster then by others ?

loreangelicus
10-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Hmmm... I personally don't check the time spent per island, but I do a lot of planning to minimize travel time. You already mentioned the key concepts: pausing a lot and not doing any unnecessary travel time.

For example in Debir you could now use the high-HP orcs to make clearing it easier. But you can't just go back and forth refilling your troops each and every time you get more leadership. The ideal scenario is to just buy once from the orc on the docks and put the extra in your reserve slots. Inquisitors and priests are available at the start location and midway into clearing Debir, so you don't need to stock up on them.

There is also the new issue of the difference of KBAP from KBCW, so even if I quote travel time I had in KBAP it doesn't really hold water. I have just begun playing KBCW, so alas I could not give you proper travel times for this game.

unicornxp
10-20-2010, 01:38 AM
the 7-days route works well in CW :)

since the new quests need more walking time,its a little hard to finish the game in 7 days then before but still possible~~

Another point, now hand of necrolipos can only get 1!

Instead we have new 2 items(+3% reglia,+5% belt),and extra ancient knowledge maker----the "raven" who need 200 thron seeds per 1 scroll every 10-15 battles ,the raven is a reglia 0_0 (thron seeds may get at least 800 in the entire game).

that means, only Paladin may reach the highst score without any waste of EXP(only paladin can wear all EXP items)~~

now the highest score maybe 7 days+LV62 or LV63~~

loreangelicus
10-20-2010, 04:01 AM
Good day young master. :)

Thank you for the heads-up, I have actually started an impossible warrior game, but did not notice that the officer's patent, shark's tooth, and raven would require 3 regalia slots... which only a paladin class could achieve since both warrior and mage only have one regalia slot and no companion has 2 regalia slots.

I do not have any love for the paladin class since it forces you to at least use the paladin unit if you want to take advantage of the inherent unique medals and skills the said class offers.

And I have already finished the two other short campaigns using the paladin class... oh well, time to give this class a second look and see what we can abuse. :) If there is one thing going for this class, it is that this class has the easiest time clearing the initial islands due to a fast-tracked Glory skill; higher leadership than a warrior at the early levels.

hotfix666
10-20-2010, 09:27 AM
If you shall finish the game on short time so I think is waste of time was on debir and fight? The EXP there is so low?
But maybe you must was there and fight so you been stronger?

You must back to debir later and can finish all that way...
You dont need clear the tower there but when I play on difficult hard... 3 last fight give nice exp.

I try play little on impossibel now but I get so little gold... how can I get more? :)

loreangelicus
10-20-2010, 12:16 PM
If you shall finish the game on short time so I think is waste of time was on debir and fight? The EXP there is so low?
But maybe you must was there and fight so you been stronger?

You must back to debir later and can finish all that way...
You dont need clear the tower there but when I play on difficult hard... 3 last fight give nice exp.

I try play little on impossibel now but I get so little gold... how can I get more? :)

If you are going for a fast time/high level AND no-loss, then you have no choice but to try and kill as much as you can early on to make you stronger (but you are right, don't force the issue by banging your head on a wall, skip enemies that are too tough to kill). Else it would turn into a snowball effect wherein you are not strong enough for the succeeding fights, forcing you to skip those, then skipping those would force you to skip more fights.

Yes, those fights are low in XP, but low levels only need those low XP; and leveling up is paramount to get stronger (more skills/leadership).

Focus on developing dragon dig ability for chests. Then for easy fights try and replay the battles as much as your stamina would allow you; unwanted wanderer scrolls are very good sources of extra money in the early game.

hotfix666
10-21-2010, 09:49 AM
If you are going for a fast time/high level AND no-loss, then you have no choice but to try and kill as much as you can early on to make you stronger (but you are right, don't force the issue by banging your head on a wall, skip enemies that are too tough to kill). Else it would turn into a snowball effect wherein you are not strong enough for the succeeding fights, forcing you to skip those, then skipping those would force you to skip more fights.

Yes, those fights are low in XP, but low levels only need those low XP; and leveling up is paramount to get stronger (more skills/leadership).

Focus on developing dragon dig ability for chests. Then for easy fights try and replay the battles as much as your stamina would allow you; unwanted wanderer scrolls are very good sources of extra money in the early game.

I will try go fast in the game... Its ok if I stay long time on same island but dont travel between the island all the time for buy new units.

I have some question?
If I shall finish the game on impossibel.
Must I have repairdroids?
I mean...I will try beat the game fast but not feel I must use same units all the game.
On difficult hard I know after I was on boro and rusty island and take leadership and runes I bee strong and can win all the fights easy on boro and scarlet winds.... but know is impossibel.

Im on scarlet winds now and have win some fights... no more easy fights are left. How shall I fix the another fights without lose so much from my army?
All the quest and map armys are left :( (I have already was on boro and take runes and leadership)

Maybe someone know what I shall use for units?

I play warrior.
I have 7 paladin and 1 cyclops from wanderscroll.
What is most important build up in the begining of game... petdragon or another things... maybe use runes on leadership?

loreangelicus
10-21-2010, 12:21 PM
I will try go fast in the game... Its ok if I stay long time on same island but dont travel between the island all the time for buy new units.

I have some question?
I mean...I will try beat the game fast but not feel I must use same units all the game.
On difficult hard I know after I was on boro and rusty island and take leadership and runes I bee strong and can win all the fights easy on boro and scarlet winds.... but know is impossibel.

Im on scarlet winds now and have win some fights... no more easy fights are left. How shall I fix the another fights without lose so much from my army?
All the quest and map armys are left :( (I have already was on boro and take runes and leadership)

I play warrior.
What is most important build up in the begining of game... petdragon or another things... maybe use runes on leadership?

Hmmm... you are on Scarlet now but have already been to Bolo? I should mention to you that the biggest time waster is jumping from one island to another. That you went to Bolo first means you did not fight a single battle in Bolo, that you just went there to ninja the stone to get early paladins. Just want you to know that this move alone would mean you will not finish the game in 7 days. The time window to finish KBAP in 7 days was only a couple of hours, much less now in KBCW since you have more quests to do (time spent in wizard's tower, etc.). But its your game, I just assumed from the name of your thread you were going for a 7 day finish.

Well, since you're not going for a 7 day finish anything goes really. :) You could map-kite all the way to Reha for dragon/tirex eggs, its up to you. For warrior/paladin prioritize glory early on and you should be good to go.

ckdamascus
10-21-2010, 12:30 PM

I have some question?

I play warrior.

It is possible to win Impossible No-Loss with different units. But they almost always involve either Undead, Paladin Unit, Droids.... and perhaps Rune mages now. :)

I usually kite my way (steal a higher level map) if I get totally stuck. :(

If you are a warrior, definitely make sure your Rage Machine is good and going. Your priority is to get KEY support spells from either Order or Distortion tree.

Usually Distortion support is better, but Order is needed if you get level 5s early on so you can heal more efficiently.

hotfix666
10-21-2010, 02:58 PM
If I can finish the game on impossibel without steal maps I be proud :)
Some people dont finish the game on easy :P
Its ok was ninja when I take cheast etc... but no map :)
I can start a new game and hope I get map to rusty island in scarlet wind... I will dont think in that way... now is the map behind enemy so I can not play ninja on rusty island.
I must defeat enemy now but I have problem with that now :(

ckdamascus
10-21-2010, 03:07 PM
If I can finish the game on impossibel without steal maps I be proud :)
Some people dont finish the game on easy :P
Its ok was ninja when I take cheast etc... but no map :)
I can start a new game and hope I get map to rusty island in scarlet wind... I will dont think in that way... now is the map behind enemy so I can not play ninja on rusty island.
I must defeat enemy now but I have problem with that now :(

It is possible to beat it without map stealing, but it requires... luck. Your early item break down, unit break down, and the enemy composition for key maps will dictate your success. It will also push your tactical ability to the limits.

It also requires you to somewhat know the enemy break down ahead of time, so you specifically build up your character to beat that key battle.

- going more for dragon rage as your damage dealer,
- getting a good early unit, so you try to make sure you get the good magic buffs
- or you push hard for level 3 phoenix because you got it early.

loreangelicus
10-21-2010, 04:15 PM
KBAP is a lot harder than KBCW since the toughest units you usually get at Debir are royal thorns/inquisitors/royal snakes and griffins (from the two griffin egg drops); and of those, only royal thorns and griffins can survive the flame arrow/poison skull attack from the early hero battles.

But now you have blood shamans/veteran orcs/orc trackers on top of the list you have above. That means you could clear Debir without too much problems.

And if you focus HARD on developing dragon dig then you have a very high chance of getting a Call Colossus scroll.

And if you have been developing Glory (if you are warrior or paladin) and doing no-loss from the start, then hitting leadership 2,000 to get red dragons from the call colossus is a sure thing, what with all the eggs you have been collecting (so you could make sure you get the level 5 units that you want). You should be hitting leadership 2,000 before the end of Scarlet, just in time to finish off all hero battles there using the red dragon with support from spells and your pet dragon abilities (especially dragon kick).

EDIT:

So the above details how you take care of Debir and Scarlet. For Bolo you could add more tough to kill units like droids and cyclops (sold at Bolo shops, you don't need Call Colossus to get this unit). By this time your army could be composed of the following: red dragon, cyclops, guard droid, repair droid (split into two stacks); I don't see how clearing Bolo at no-loss would be a problem with this lineup. :)

hotfix666
10-21-2010, 08:51 PM
I buy royal griffin and inquisitors to my paladin and cyclops and win over kraken. I think I get over 2000 leadership before end of scarlet.
I think I can make it now :)
I get bone dragon from a undead wander scroll :D
I think I fix all fights now on scarlet...with little luck and not so much loss :)

impy
10-21-2010, 09:54 PM
I'd like to comment on this, since I am known for despising kiting, wanderer scrolls, overpowered units, combos,basically anything that makes your game easier.
If you are not looking for superfast game then any game with any character no loss can be started like this (i start this way pretty much all of my challenges). If i can do it anyone can do it. So if it helps anyone:
After training, sneak around debir,scarlet,bolo and collect everything on the ground. If you're lucky you gain access to rusty as well. Get amulet from bolo, collect archmagi from scarlet tower. Now we know that 2 most important medals are +1000leadership, +7%res, and it would be nice to have trap medal out of the way as well, while enemies are low on hitpoints which makes trapping lot easier. Grand strategy is done by no loss automatically, so you have to focus on guardian+trapping only. make a line-up archmagi-archmagi-paladins-archmagi-archmagi. Archmagi cast magic shield every second round = 4 x 5 = 20 hits on guardian medal, so teoretically you can have guardian 3 after just 20 fights, realistically after around fight 30. Advantage of having archmagi apart from hits on guardian medal
- 4 x telekinesis. So 4 x tel + dragon kick can get enemy unit up to 5 tiles away! Purpose is obvious - trapping.
- shocking. If dangerous enemy stack is approaching quickly, focus all archmagi on it. From 4 hits it is high chance it will get shocked. Shocking is also useful if you want to slow down the last enemy very weak unit which would get killed when it hits your back rank. Purpose is to pro-long the battle to 10 rounds so you can work on your medals
-low firepower. As mentioned above, if you want to keep the last enemy unit alive, single archmagi by retaliation can hardly kill anything.
If you want to work on your pet dragon at the same time, replace one unit of archmagi with inquisitors for casting holy anger. I would not worry about pet dragon too much, since once it gets behind in levels compared to hero, it will start to gain experience quicker. So do not take more than 1 group of inquisitors this early, you can always focus on your pet later when you're stronger.
So the battle starts. If you were lucky to find trap spell on starting islands, it should be your main priority. Distorsion 1 goes without saying, for warrior who might be the only character having problems to get it straight away- training experience, shrine in bolo, runes laying around, monk in debir - should suffice. You need mana - so get your hands on some cheap mana boosting artifacts - white slippers, warm mittens are usually around. Check how much damage your traps will do. Immediately start planning strategy which 1 unit is to be kept alive (shooters); which units are close to traps; which stupid melee unit with way too many hit points is going to run into your trap = needs luring away or kicking away or teleporting away from its natural path; which units with bit more hit points need to have their hit points lowered immediately with spells or pet dragon in order to be succesfully trapped. Sometimes you have to actually walk away with paladins so enemy stack does not kill itself by retaliation (or you can lower number of paladins & inquisitors) Realistic goal on Debir is 3 successful traps per battle on debir.By the time you get tired of trapping, you'll have 70+ on scarlet at least and you'll go on to finish it. wandering stacks on debir are so weak that recommended army will kill all of them with ease. For 3 hero battles i would take inquisitors for ranged power and help with healing, but only so i do not have to waste too many spell points on healing and can concentrate on medals. When fighting heroes (after you have guardian2), cast magic shield on inqusitors + archmagi. Enemy spells with spell power 2 will be very weak. Archmagi with 140 hitpoints and paladins should easily survive them. Keep shooters close to your paladins for circle resurrecting purposes. Keep always different stack unshielded - enemy hero will likely attack it with spells - you will save your weakened units and last longer. Those spells may be annoying but i never go for less than 6 rounds with these heroes. When you hit scarlet kill all easy stack first without changing your setup, it should be cca 5 wild fights. I should mention one extremely important thing now - i can only assume many players naturally would like to play offensively, that is why they struggle with early no loss. You have to play carefully, sit back, lure the enemy away, kick them back etc. just to get more and more time to do what is neccessary to do in your back ranks = walk shooters to the side where enemy is not approaching, stick paladins in the way, cast fear, slow, nature call, shocking with archmagi...Offensive playing = even green dragon from rusty can easily get killed if those hundreds of pirate units get some criticals in.
Once you have guardian 3 or if things get too messy, get royal snakes, but keep 2 stacks of archmagi for working on the trap medal. By the time you have guardian 3, trapper 3 (early Bolo latest) get any set-up you like those medals will be a strong boost.
If you're unlucky and haven't got trap spell, then from the start use hero mana on character specific medal - mage = fire arrow (or oily mist in order not to kill enemy too quickly on debir), paladin= heal, warrior = cannot cast battle cry (i was going to write battle orders as in diablo:-P) yet, so i usually help with guardian medal by casting stone skin.
All of this can be done, and i;ve done it many times, without any investment in glory, and with simple units. Once you've got these medals out of the way then runemages, royal snakes, paladins, beholders, inquisitors, and orc units are excellent choice. And if you actually get access to rusty straight from the beginning then you're laughing - before you do any fighting get captain hausen maps + extra artifacts and 2 cases from scarlet, then mercenaries for sohaty + green dragon.

atlatea
11-02-2010, 07:15 AM
I guess the hardest part is the early game, but loreangelicus is right, CW offer many things which ease early game. Well, this is some input from me for reference.

KB CW offer a lv 5 unit that is not a random spawn (rune mage), and you can get this early, warrior and paladin can get this at the end of scarlet, ofc this is if you have grand strategy medal lv 2, which is easily doable.

As warrior or paladin, usually it's just thorn or the new orc tracker, orc shaman is also good (but i prefer tracker), and inquisitor for support (pet dragon spam). Pet dragon kick attack and treasure dig are top priority.

After clearing all enemies in debir except heroes, amelie usually have enough lv to tackle some of the heroes if not most with just that setup (might have to add royal snake), though she must kill them as quickly as possible, or some losses is unavoiable due to flame arrow or poison skull, but grand strategy 2 is top priority. Left some of the heroes which is impossible to kill without loses, because you'll go back to this island later. Just kill to get grand strategy 2 and level, leadership must reach 2k asap

Scarlet is almost the same as debir, pet dragon do half to almost all the work and the mission is same (Just kill to get grand strategy 2 and level, leadership must reach 2k asap), especially if you have trap spell early (as mentioned by impy), yet from my experience, trap in CW is buggy (units that are forced to enter the trap won't lose their turn). By the end of scarlet, paladin and warrior can get rune mage, this unit always spawn in debir (royal university) and scarlet (small island).

Though with high luck you can get call of colosus spell, if you get this spell, try to get red dragon or troll, yet this way is not 100% guaranteed, i mean getting the scroll (not the red dragon after you have the scroll). But rune mage usually suffice, ofc in case of damage, it is not as great as red dragon, but it is there for rage gatherer, tanker, debuffer, and summoner. If you utilize it right, it can come close to red dragon.

After getting rune mage and most of scarlet is cleared, as usual go to bolo. Left most or all of your units (up to you though), and switch to droids. You can still bring the inquisitor for extra rage gatherer and more dmg dealer (rune mage can resurrect them). Most of bolo can be cleared with just this setup (including heroes, and even the rusty anchor map guard, not sure about verona guard though).

In rusty anchor, things become much easier, because there is another lv 5 unit which always spawn, the green dragon. You can left all your army and use only the green dragon or otherwise, up to you. Using full army means your pet dragon will level up faster but more risky to do no loss, though it's up to you, because by this time some people still aim for grand strategy 3 (so no loss is a must), yet some do the otherwise. Again, not all enemy here must be killed, because you'll back to this island later (unless you want to skip that quest). By the time you arrive at verona, things become much more easier, so no specific input there.

It must be noted that losses won't decrease your final score (it just affect your pride when other peoples look at your score and personal satisfaction), unless you use a mod to modify how to calculate the score.

At this point, losses are acceptable unless you still aim for grand strategy 3. Though it must be noted that high amount of losses means less gold, gold is still very important at this point, because a very good artifact which usually cost 20k to 50k or more might spawn early. Another thing is, by this time your units is still few, so even a little losses might have a big impact, not only affect your gold, but also time required to restock them (you need to go to bolo which is a very waste of time, unless you still have some bussines there).

Though as paladin resurrection build (there are 2 major build for paladin), at this point you should have resurection 1 or maybe even 2, with this you can have losses as the resurection skill will resurect them anyway. But it must be noted that it will count as casualties/losses at the score screen, again it must be noted that losses/casualties doesn't affect score (only your pride and personal satisfaction). If you use paladin with resurection, i recommend taking losses, but keep in mind to your losses, calculate it, so all your losses will be resurected completely. Why taking losses? the advantage of taking losses is you can tackle enemies at the time when it is too impossible to tackle if you're going no loss (this is only for paladin with resurection though), the purpose of this? it is obvious, high jump on anything, i mean getting very high amount of gold, level, pet dragon, and aquiring late game island map early.

bucazaurus
12-27-2010, 01:20 PM
As i found out recently , in CW due to the new artefacts (Wanderer Gloves) combined with a flaw in Pet Dragon's Wall ability (has no aggro on enemy , unless they can't reach any of your units) you can abuse the combo Mana accelerator - Holy Anger - Teleport spell for unlimited usage during battles.

In the picture attached i entered the battle with only 2 Inquisitors and 1 Demonologist , but at this point by using the Fire Dragon for kite i can play unlimited rounds because i will never run out of Rage\Mana since i get 22 mana and 30 rage (-19 rage for casting mana accelerator = 11 rage profit) for 15 mana spent. This is a major flaw in my opinion.

ckdamascus
12-27-2010, 01:45 PM
As i found out recently , in CW due to the new artefacts (Wanderer Gloves) combined with a flaw in Pet Dragon's Wall ability (has no aggro on enemy , unless they can't reach any of your units) you can abuse the combo Mana accelerator - Holy Anger - Teleport spell for unlimited usage during battles.

In the picture attached i entered the battle with only 2 Inquisitors and 1 Demonologist , but at this point by using the Fire Dragon for kite i can play unlimited rounds because i will never run out of Rage\Mana since i get 22 mana and 30 rage (-19 rage for casting mana accelerator = 11 rage profit) for 15 mana spent. This is a major flaw in my opinion.

Actually the Wanderer Glove existed in the Armored Princess Gift Pack Official Mod, which they included in Crossworlds.

Sure if you cast two teleports in two rounds (or burn a double cast), you will have enough rage to convert to more mana.

Stone Walls have two rounds of rest periods, so this is annoyingingly long to setup. If you burn Awaken Dragon to set it up, that seems like a fairly expensive way to suck up rage, although with a weaker army, this is the expected strategy.

Inquisitors are going to run out of Holy Anger, although with two of them, you got quite a stock pile.

And I suppose the Demonologists get buffed everytime you cast teleport and you get another 10 rage.

I don't see how this is really out of control if they do not Aggro the Stone Wall. e.g. if your Dragon of Chaos was garbage, they could simply annihilate it, and they will proceed to break down the wall.

Even against bosses, they jack up Rage generation by killing their summons for insane rage, so you can convert to mana. So the idea of unlimited mana doesn't seem too nutty, not to mention it takes a while to build up.

Tactically, this doesn't seem much different than casting target on any ol flying tank.

As for mana restoration, with transmute and mana accelerator, in most conventional battles with a Mage, I can end up with nearly full mana, or full mana anyways, even after using it on Ancient Phoenix AND Dragon of Chaos and possibly at a much faster pace.

And, while I do like the Wanderer's Gloves, I like wearing other things :) Haha :)

bucazaurus
12-27-2010, 03:16 PM
This tactics helps you to level up your Pet Dragon and max out his vital abilities , without doing anymore then few battles and without investing any rune in Rage Control - Training - Anger skills from Might Tree. (For a Mage it's a pretty good deal ) .
Inquisitor are there for the initial Rage you need in the first 2 rounds of the battle. You open the battle without casting any spell until you get the Rage for building the first wall. After that you cast Awaken Dragon - Summon Fire Dragon
or Phoenix . Second round you complete the blockade and start kitting . The enemy will always go for the summon since the other troops are blocked behind the walls and because of summon's higher speed they will never catch him .
When you consider the Pet Dragon has got enough experience or when you get bored ,you can start using spells to finish the battle .
(Trap spell does wonder ) And since you can't run out of mana , that shouldn't be a problem .

atlatea
12-27-2010, 06:10 PM
From my experience, my pet dragon skills always as i need it to be.

I mean, if your pet dragon skill is too high you won't be able to use it anyway (because you don't have sufficient rage). This is especially for mage, because mage has the lowest amount of rage.

Mage doesn't need training, but she need rage, and rage need 1 lv of training.

Just defeat 1 green dragon at rusty anchor or scarlet wind + 1 lv of training = +40% bonus experience to pet dragon, that should suffice, unless you play warrior class.

And i don't see any reason why i should lv my pet dragon skills beyond my capabilities to use it.

And i hate long long battle, more than 20 turn is a no.

bucazaurus
12-27-2010, 06:40 PM
From my experience with mage class , i never have the opportunity to use him more then 1 or 2 times per battle and because of that i never gain enough exp with Pet Dragon. So in latest battles when i wanted to use Ball of Lightning to soften the huge stacks i never had the skill maxed.

You said :

And i don't see any reason why i should lv my pet dragon skills beyond my capabilities to use it.

It's 35 Rage beyond any mage capabilities ? Come on !

atlatea
12-28-2010, 10:42 AM
From my experience with mage class , i never have the opportunity to use him more then 1 or 2 times per battle and because of that i never gain enough exp with Pet Dragon. So in latest battles when i wanted to use Ball of Lightning to soften the huge stacks i never had the skill maxed.

You said :

I don't use 35 rage ball of light, i don't even know if it can reach that amount of rage requirement, because i halt the lv of my ball of light after it reach 25 rage. Its power always suffice for me.

Besides, it depends on playstyles.

If you don't do map kiting, your pet dragon is always enough for you, and using your technique will result in rage requirement is beyond the mage capabilitie, that is especially true in early game, that is what i mean by beyond the mage capabilities.

Early game is the hardest part of the game, and you have about 25 rage when you're at rusty anchor as a mage.

My setting is blind games (no scanner used), no loss at impossible, always aim for 7 days run (though not always succeed in doing so), no map kiting.

I don't do high lv run, but i follow unicornxp island route (sometimes i modify it according to circumtances since i play blind game).

Using that setting, my pet dragon always outleveled me by 2 or 4 lv higher, the rage requirements always reach my limit, untill i arrive at dersu or elon (verona->montero->verona->elon/dersu->elon/dersu). Using that route, at elon i already have sufficient rage to use the 25 rage ball of light, to me that is already sufficient.

And usually by the time i finish the game, my pet dragon already reach lv 54, that is already pretty high and enough for mage.

That's why for my playstyles i don't see any reason to maxing pet dragon skills early.

ckdamascus
12-28-2010, 12:49 PM

You said :

My Mage has been fairly Rage-Tastic due to a bit of luck and playstyle. ;)

The Gladiator Sword actually spawned for me early on (in Bolo), so that helped a lot. Not sure if a lot of people are aware of it, but raising your MAX Rage will INCREASE your Rage Generation rate as well.

I still needed Anger later on though.

As for how I increase Rage? I'm a summoner mage, so rage comes fairly easily. With the Ancient Phoenix, I do triple hits (RAGE!), and I burn triple times (MORE RAGE!).

The Dragon of Chaos does double hit (RAGE!!!) (or triple, more RAGE!), and always burns the enemy (RAAAAAGGE!) :)

Oh yeah, add in oil mist so you can do more Rage-a-licious damage.

Because the summons are so strong, I can afford to use Crushing Blow instead of Ball of Lightning, which is probably the most efficient method of gaining XP, since it can be used every round. You will level MUCH MUCH faster if you use Crushing Blow instead of Ball of Lightning. I only really used Mana Accelerator to help me pay off the stupid Guardian Angel spamming (I like having a lot of mana at the end of battles). Throw in the Dragon Slayer medal and you should be cruising by the time you really need a high level Ball of Lightning.

Even though Ball of Lightning gets really strong once you add in the +1 Rest, it makes it horrible for XP due to the rest.

Dragon Dive is also good, but I don't gain Rage fast enough (sniffles) since I only have 2 dragon stacks, and 2 rune mage stacks, (so, dealing with a partial army).

Although in the early game, my Pet Dragon was lower level than me. Once I got Anger Level 1, strong enough summons, my Pet Dragon has been out levelling me as usual.

Typically my Mages have lower level Pet Dragons than me. :(

bucazaurus
12-28-2010, 03:14 PM
It 's still remains a mistake from programmers part. They removed Gift spell, Inquisitor's Holy Anger ability was changed from Reload to Charges and some other tweaks just to stop the "abuses" but with all that they didn't noticed this combo that makes even the toughest battles, easy wins .

ckdamascus
12-28-2010, 04:43 PM
It 's still remains a mistake from programmers part. They removed Gift spell, Inquisitor's Holy Anger ability was changed from Reload to Charges and some other tweaks just to stop the "abuses" but with all that they didn't noticed this combo that makes even the toughest battles, easy wins .

True, the overall game design has definitely done its best to avoid intentionally prolonging the battle with sustainable imbalances, and this clearly violates that.

I mean, with this method, as long as I have a single rune mage and there is only one weak ranged unit, I can restore everything.

Wait, that isn't a bad thing! :)

atlatea
12-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Still, not all players like long battle, i for myself don't like such a battle.

I agree that this can turn toughest battle to easy win, but the sacrifice for easy win is long battle, which some players tend to avoid.

ckdamascus
12-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Still, not all players like long battle, i for myself don't like such a battle.

I agree that this can turn toughest battle to easy win, but the sacrifice for easy win is long battle, which some players tend to avoid.

Yeah, I hate long battles. That was the only reason I moved away from the Mage, as I used to only play Mage, and never any other class. So I worked on the Mega Fast Killing Warrior. :)

With my Warrior, 6 rounds for Ktahu no losses... <heart> :) Scary thing is, that isn't even at my highest level either. Goblin Power! :)

A shame Mages take a long time to beat Bosses. I guess I could use Black Knights in more of the battles to speed up some of it, but I don't like that type of battle either if I can avoid it.

atlatea
12-29-2010, 11:53 AM
I think that is not because of the warrior class, it's because of the goblins.

Goblins are overpowered now, which is why i never use them, i'd rather use orcs. You can use paladin and achieve almost the same result as long as you use goblins. K'tahu will go down in about 7-8 turn.

ckdamascus
12-29-2010, 01:53 PM
I think that is not because of the warrior class, it's because of the goblins.

Goblins are overpowered now, which is why i never use them, i'd rather use orcs. You can use paladin and achieve almost the same result as long as you use goblins. K'tahu will go down in about 7-8 turn.

(Last time I did a quick check regarding the leadership gaps)

The added +6750 leadership helps (from Paladin against Mage) and +13500 from Warrior against Mage.

I think I did it with a Warrior in about 11 rounds using Elves, Hunters, Bowmen, Paladin, and Royal Griffins. (in original AP).

Last time I tried doing ranged thing with the Mage, it seemed too hard to do, but that was before Crossworlds. You need to deal a lot of offensive power or else you tend to get overwhelmed.

It is almost like there is a critical mass required for the ranged units, or else they fall woefully short. I'd almost be better off casting Dragon of Chaos and deal more damage to the boss and tank more. :)

The mage has to constantly cast debuffs/buffs to match up the warrior's offensive power. Perhaps with my new experience now I can redo it, but I just doubt it. Not enough might runes to get the critical skills required to make it smoother. For me to cleanly defeat Ktahu with no loss and ranged, I usually need tactics and onslaught and quick draw maxed. I also mean true no-loss, not virtual.

If the mage can't do it, it clearly can't be the alledged super overpowered unit, yeah? :) As opposed to the Black Knight which clearly shines for all classes.

Do you mean Goblin Shaman as the overpowered unit? I never use his Astral attack (I probably should?), because I have to make sure I have no-loss, and incurring even 3 more losses is a bit too risky for me. Plus, he rips off the target's resistance a little bit everytime he hits, so he is adding more damage to the Goblin.

To me, the little Goblin's greatest strength is Zeroing-In, which both BB and you laughed at when I pointed it as its key strength (as the battle goes on longer, his effective damage to leadership goes through the roof). Do you mean the Adrenaline "Act-Again" ability? I definitely don't use his Poison Axe ability because I don't want to reduce odds of "Act-Again".

Anyways the "over powered" term is funny. I mean, couldn't one keep saying anyone's strategy that helps them win any battle is overpowered? :) I know impy shot down a lot of the strategies e.g. 100% critical shooters, undead fest, droids?.

After a certain point, does it mean any summon, spells, paladins, ranged units, melee attacking units, etc are all overpowered? :)

As we develop and find more strategies, I wonder if one day we will be crying out "Peasants are overpowered."

atlatea
12-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Well, i mean the whole goblin army + paladin = overpowered, you could really clear most enemies very very fast (turns needed) with ease, they have adrenaline skills that enables them to achieve that.

The speed they clear enemies is unmatched by any army except perhaps thorn army (though this is just my speculation), and they can easily score no loss victory. Well, you know that no loss + insane speed to secure a victory = overpowered.

Comparing to black knights, i'd say goblin army is much more powerful. They can achieve the same no loss, but goblin achieve that with much lesser risk and much faster speed. Well, ok maybe that is not a fair comparison, a single stack againts an army, but let's say you insert that black knight to an army (probably all undead army), that army will still lose to goblin army in term of achieving very fast no loss victory. Off course you need adrenaline or onslaught to do this.

To me all goblins abilities are very good, combined with their number, they are easily the most damaging army.

bucazaurus
12-30-2010, 11:00 AM
As we develop and find more strategies, I wonder if one day we will be crying out "Peasants are overpowered."

:) This reminds me of something :)