PDA

View Full Version : Is that it?

anteos
10-18-2010, 09:02 AM
I've been playing Orcs on the march, expecting to encounter a new island with lots of quests. But all I can see is an orc boss on Shaterra island, surely that can't be it?

I know there's a few new side quests dotted around, and extra units. But still its very disappointing.

ckdamascus
10-18-2010, 01:01 PM
I've been playing Orcs on the march, expecting to encounter a new island with lots of quests. But all I can see is an orc boss on Shaterra island, surely that can't be it?

I know there's a few new side quests dotted around, and extra units. But still its very disappointing.

There are actually a lot of subtle changes to the gameplay that make it very enjoyable to play again.

However, at first glance, it does seem low on the "fresh content" factor.

There is a new tower, new items, new boss (White Kraken), better early game unit distribution, orcs are revamped, some spells revamped, some units are revamped, etc.

onepiece
10-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Yeah I too have felt it anteos. The game lacks the...freshness of AP (of course since this is mostly a game of the year edition for those who haven't played AP or want the ultimate edition of King's Bounty).

But ckdamascus is right. There are new things and many subtle changes so if you haven't played KB or AP, this is the edition to go.

ckdamascus
10-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Yeah I too have felt it anteos. The game lacks the...freshness of AP (of course since this is mostly a game of the year edition for those who haven't played AP or want the ultimate edition of King's Bounty).

But ckdamascus is right. There are new things and many subtle changes so if you haven't played KB or AP, this is the edition to go.

I will admit, the very first time I saw the intro screen ... I was like "uh... are you kidding me? This is the SAME freakin game!"

After trying a bit more, it seemed like it was identical! I felt a little short-changed.

Then, I moronically continued to play and... many hours later, I find myself in love again with the game because of all the subtle changes. It really opens up a bit more different strategies and tactics.

malcolmm
10-22-2010, 04:58 AM
I'm disappointed they didn't fix the poor game balance that was a problem for me in AP. I finished AP once, on normal difficulty, and found, as I think many people did, that the game became extrememly easy in the later stages.

So I decided to play Orcs on hard. Wow, what a huge increase in difficulty, to the point where I think I may have to give up on the game I have sunk well over 20 hours into. I admit that I am not even close to being an expert on Kings Bounty, but I'm also by no mean a beginner. There seems to be no level of difficulty in the game that will give me an enjoyable challenage throughout most of the game.

Mandea
10-22-2010, 06:26 AM
I had the same problem so this is what I did: I edited the logic.txt file and put monsters' leadership (their army's strength) to a higher value (close to impossible) and also bosses life points and attack and defence. It still is by no means perfect but is harder. I like losing units in battles, it gives me the feeling of a very hard battle. Of course, not to many :D

onepiece
10-22-2010, 06:00 PM
I really don't care about losing units (except for the strategist medal) since I don't do no-loss games (maybe in KB 2 will I try it). The only problem with losing too many is the limited quantity of some and the cost of buying new ones (when you're beginning to play and are scarce on money)

I've said it many times but the reason for the later game being easier is 'cause of all the skills, spells, and items you get that make you win easily. There need to be more enemy heroes (and with better AI) so it becomes more of a challenge. And maybe some 2 vs 1 battles (2 enemies against you; mage is still gonna pummel them though)

Metroplex
10-23-2010, 01:57 AM
I recently finished Crossworlds and it was a major let down, and to think I forked $60 for it, it just felt like a half-baked DLC and overpriced at that!
I hope that someday in the future the devs will release a proper sequel, just like KB: AP was, no more of this half finished expansions on expansions.

onepiece
10-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Metroplex, what edition you bought that was so expensive (the one that has KB, AP and CW?). Even though that's still too expensive for the 3 games.

Metroplex
10-23-2010, 07:32 PM
It was the GOY Edition, and the reason it was so expensive was because it was the hard copy of the game.

onepiece
10-25-2010, 02:05 AM
Ah that explains it. But from your comments you have previously played KB and AP so why buy the complete edition? What else was in it beside the games?

Metroplex
10-25-2010, 09:36 AM
I had to buy the GOY edition because I only have KB: AP in Spanish by FX INTERACTIVE (imported from Spain to Australia) so I was afraid that if I bought just the vanilla KB Crossworlds it wouldn't work, but still the standalone Crossworlds game was $50 anyway so for an extra $10 I got also the original game KB: AP included.
p.s. I actually had both the FX Interactive version and the English version, but since I had two I got rid of the English version, this was way before Crossworlds came along and I knew having KB: AP was a requirement.

onepiece
10-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Gotta blame luck for that (seriously distribution sucks in some countries, in mine things are only available at my capital, and that shit is in the middle of the 3000 km long spaghetti that is my country)