PDA

View Full Version : Summon Phoenix, awsome now

Esteral
10-17-2010, 09:34 AM
At the moment I am playing an impossible mage game (no loss).

In debir I was able to buy the summon phoenix spell, having descent succes with this spell in AP I buy the spell but noticed that the phoenix got upgraded. The new phoenix (specially the Mature Phoenix) is way better.

Because of the new phoenix I was able to clear every single monster and enemy hero on Scarlet within 5 hours and hit level 9.
(Only the octopus boss is still alive in Scarlet).
Now I am on Bolo and its also very easy.

My lineup is Royal snakes because of initative , 7 because of blue pet.
and 4 stack of inquisitions, 1 inquisition per stack. This makes easy ressing when they get nuked or killed by ranged attack. Also I got 1 Troll and 5 Archmages as reserves in case the battle needed it.

The power of the phoenix now increases with int and summon skill.
I included 4 screenshots.
The first is the old Phoenix.
Second is the new Phoenix with int 7 and no summonskill.
The third and fourth is with int 7 and summonskill 1.

Please take note on the higher damage skill of the phoenix.

BB Shockwave
10-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Well, going to battle with 4 stacks of the same unit is pretty boring. I think you could use different unit types and be just as well off.

I'm on level 14 now, have cleared out everything (heroes, Kraken) on Debir, Scarlet Wind and Bolo now - no losses. I'm with a Paladin, my line-up was Rune Mages, Inquisitors, Royal Griffins, Horsemen and Witch Hunters/Guardsman. Now that I got access to Verona, I added Paladins, Archmages and Assassins to the mix, my Rune Mages will be in Reserve until I have excess Runes (I can only recruit 2 so far).

The Summoned units are finally useable, unlike in The Legend - I plan on investing into the Phoenix myself. In my next Walkthrough, I want to do an all-demon army play with a Mage, using the new summon Dragon of Chaos.

Esteral
10-17-2010, 01:12 PM
True its boring to use the same troops, and I only did it first part on scarlet because I invested all my runes in getting order magic 3. To keep the flow going I needed the rage of the inquisitors.
That way you can dig for treasure and keep mana max for the next battles.
After getting transmute 2 , I use 1 or 2 stacks of inquisitors.

Just cleared Bolo with no loss and in less than 4 hours.

ckdamascus
10-18-2010, 12:27 AM
True its boring to use the same troops, and I only did it first part on scarlet because I invested all my runes in getting order magic 3. To keep the flow going I needed the rage of the inquisitors.
That way you can dig for treasure and keep mana max for the next battles.
After getting transmute 2 , I use 1 or 2 stacks of inquisitors.

If you liked the Mature Phoenix, you will love the Ancient Phoenix. He gains the ability to Resurrect. (one charge)

:)

He does TREMENDOUS damage, hits three units, high critical hit probability too. Only 35 mana too.

Esteral
10-18-2010, 10:36 AM
My mistake I mean Ancient and not the Mature.
Mature is great on Debir.

ICECOOL
10-18-2010, 12:50 PM

Man, I dont know why U are so boaster. 4 h on Bolo? That is way too long (even mag on imp.)...
Besides if U liked anc. phoenix so much, U will love new dragon summoning spell - its better, but cost f.... lots of mana (60)

ckdamascus
10-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Man, I dont know why U are so boaster. 4 h on Bolo? That is way too long (even mag on imp.)...
Besides if U liked anc. phoenix so much, U will love new dragon summoning spell - its better, but cost f.... lots of mana (60)

Can you please to explain to me how it is better? I've used both and I found it inferior in every way.

rollems
10-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Does Summoned Pheonix decrease the morale of dragon in allied army ?

ckdamascus
10-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Does Summoned Pheonix decrease the morale of dragon in allied army ?

Summons aren't affected by morale modifiers. Also, I don't believe a Phoenix counts the same as a "royal griffin" who hates dragons, etc.

So, in short, no. You can safely use Ancient Phoenixes alongside your dragons.

Esteral
10-19-2010, 02:26 PM
The damage output of the Ancient Phoenix is better then in AP.
So playing a Impossible Mage game is easier then before. At least for me.

I did killed everything on Bolo in less then 4 game hours. I didn't backtrack or do any unnecessary walking.

ICECOOL how long does it take you to Clear Bolo + the Underground.

BB Shockwave
10-21-2010, 10:28 PM
The damage output of the Ancient Phoenix is better then in AP.
So playing a Impossible Mage game is easier then before. At least for me.

I did killed everything on Bolo in less then 4 game hours. I didn't backtrack or do any unnecessary walking.

ICECOOL how long does it take you to Clear Bolo + the Underground.

Well, that depends on you getting the Phoenix early. In my game, it only spawned in Verona. But I have been using it with my Paladin, and even with a lower intellect it is usefull.

I wonder how powerfull the Resurrection talent is, is it worth casting instead of Resurrect? Can it resurrect level 5s too?

Esteral
11-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Sorry for the late reply,

Yes the Ancient Phoenix can resurrect lvl 5 to.
Thats why he is so much more powerful then in Armored Princess.
The more int you have the more HP and ATT the Phoenix has.

I am still working on my Impossible Mage campaing (going for 0 loss and max 7 days) I am lvl 30 now and I still use the Phoenix.
My main tactic is first round cast Fear and Summon Phoenix.
Second round Fear Fear (or slow). Then I cast Magic springs and stone skin on my Red dragons and go finish the battle. Most of my battles don't last longer than 7 rounds.

Elwin
12-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Also tried the new phoenix and he really rocks now. Hes ress is quite low but his dmg output is so awesome. I am mostly starting with target on demon summoned by demenologist and phoenix, or if enemy hits really hard i do stoneskin/mana spring first and phoenix goes on round 2. Of course i do not plan to use him on shettera and against dragons, thats his weakness ;p

ckdamascus
12-09-2010, 12:18 AM
Also tried the new phoenix and he really rocks now. Hes ress is quite low but his dmg output is so awesome. I am mostly starting with target on demon summoned by demenologist and phoenix, or if enemy hits really hard i do stoneskin/mana spring first and phoenix goes on round 2. Of course i do not plan to use him on shettera and against dragons, thats his weakness ;p

Actually, against the fire dragons, he is not so bad, since he can "burn" a retaliation away while receiving very little damage.

You should try the Ancient Phoenix with the Belt of the Victor. Yum. :)

Elwin
12-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Do not remember such item. With oil mist is fun too :D

ckdamascus
12-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Do not remember such item. With oil mist is fun too :D

Very rare item. It is a composite item, and it might be called something differently in other languages, like Belt of the Winner. Winner's Belt.

Raises base defense by 50% and movement by 1. It makes the phoenix much stronger, which is quite ideal since you can't buff the guy directly with spells.

Oooh yeah. Oil Mist is really ideal... ah, almost makes me want to play again. Almost. :)

It is a new item from the Gift Bag, and it is also in Crossworlds
- Berserker Shield
- Black Band
- Steel Defender

With the new patch 1.3.1, I am replaying one of my best saved Mage games again. I can easily hit ~72ish intellect with the build and now that Dragon of Chaos is GOOD, I plan to use the Ancient Phoenix and Dragon of Chaos together. :)

I did a quick kite to Verona (only map I had to kite so far) to get Call Phoenix, tech-slammed to get Order Level 3. I got really lucky, Sandals of the Martyr spawned on Verona as well. Call Colossus spawned on Isle of Scarlet Wind!

Thanks to your Oil Mist tip, I can raise my Fire Mage medal while still using my favorite Ancient Phoenix.

One Rune Mage + Ancient Phoenix soloed most of the early maps. I didn't want to go BACK to Bolo again (ugh, now that I think about it, I missed the stupid mission that requires minimum 4 defense), so I used Call Colossus there to get 2 Red Dragons.

Took out most of Rusty Island.

Now I am at Verona and doing fairly well against the normal mobs, and just picked up a Black Dragon and another Rune Mage. :)