PDA

View Full Version : New Spells in Crossworlds

DSTiamat
10-11-2010, 07:41 AM
Hello PPL,
I just found a spell scroll-call Chaos Dragon which is I think new to Crossworlds, I cannot find any info on it nowhere, can someone here clear me up, it looks really powerfull I needed 20 crystals to learn it. So, what are the characteristics of the summon?How does it scale with Intelligence? What other new spells are in Crossworlds?
TY
DST

Nike-it
10-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Hello PPL,
I just found a spell scroll-call Chaos Dragon which is I think new to Crossworlds, I cannot find any info on it nowhere, can someone here clear me up, it looks really powerfull I needed 20 crystals to learn it. So, what are the characteristics of the summon?How does it scale with Intelligence? What other new spells are in Crossworlds?
TY
DST

Not surŅƒ it's a very good spell, too expensive and rather weak.
You can read more reports here: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=16584

DSTiamat
10-11-2010, 08:17 AM
Anyone else here does know the characteristics of the dragon , maybe at lvl 3 chaos magic? Or the dmg formula for black hole?
TY

Nike-it
10-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Anyone else here does know the characteristics of the dragon , maybe at lvl 3 chaos magic? Or the dmg formula for black hole?
TY

Here are two screens with stats of the level 2 Dragon.

DSTiamat
10-11-2010, 08:40 AM
looks pretty good, it is better damage-wise than lvl 3 phoenix, has anyone a Idea how it is at lvl 3, and vtw TY for the pictures.
DST

Nike-it
10-11-2010, 08:55 AM
Here is the third level:

DSTiamat
10-11-2010, 09:00 AM
Ty, most powerfull unit ingame, twice as ancient phoenix, anyone some infos about black hole, I heard it rocks.

Nike-it
10-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Ty, most powerfull unit ingame, twice as ancient phoenix, anyone some infos about black hole, I heard it rocks.

Yep, on the third level it makes smth like 5000-6000 damage!

ckdamascus
10-11-2010, 01:39 PM
looks pretty good, it is better damage-wise than lvl 3 phoenix, has anyone a Idea how it is at lvl 3, and vtw TY for the pictures.
DST

I used Lvl 3 Chaos for a little while, and it seemed really bad. It would die in one round, even with like 50 intellect and level 3 summon.

Mind you, I play on impossible modes, so on the easier modes, the chaos dragon might be good because of his initial landing/damage.

Chaos does AoE damage when it lands, just once.

Ancient Phoenix hits three units AND burns EVERY time it hits AND counters AND it has a very high critical hit base.

Ancient Phoenix can also resurrect units.

The stats are nearly the same, but the triple hit factor of the phoenix plus burning is too good to pass up. It is basically a tank, resurrector, and up to three flaming arrows all in one. It almost always crits due to high crit base.

Chaos takes waaay too much mana and crystals for what it does. The only advantage I see with Chaos is that it raises the morale of demons.

Saiko Kila
10-11-2010, 07:56 PM
I use Infernal Dragon quite often, but only to get rage, namely rage from killed summons of creatures like Chosha or Friendly Goblin Bastard. If there is such a creature in my battle, that means I'll never run out of mana and resurrect all guys easily :) Dragon Level 1 is enough for that, but if I have mana I cast level 3, just to be safe.

Also I remember one battle against undead when only surviving units were my Infernal Dragon and his colleague, Ancient Phoenix. All my base units were completely destroyed. Since Dragon is extremely susceptible to poison it was Ancient Phoenix who was doing all the work (undeads are nasty), but Dragon was needed so I could cast second Phoenix after first one was killed.

ckdamascus
10-11-2010, 08:08 PM
I use Infernal Dragon quite often, but only to get rage, namely rage from killed summons of creatures like Chosha or Friendly Goblin Bastard. If there is such a creature in my battle, that means I'll never run out of mana and resurrect all guys easily :) Dragon Level 1 is enough for that, but if I have mana I cast level 3, just to be safe.

Also I remember one battle against undead when only surviving units were my Infernal Dragon and his colleague, Ancient Phoenix. All my base units were completely destroyed. Since Dragon is extremely susceptible to poison it was Ancient Phoenix who was doing all the work (undeads are nasty), but Dragon was needed so I could cast second Phoenix after first one was killed.

AH! I didn't know they literally meant it would restore rage-ness.

But, isn't it rather... mana expensive? I guess you use it to stock up on a lot of extra rage though.

Saiko Kila
10-11-2010, 09:43 PM
AH! I didn't know they literally meant it would restore rage-ness.

But, isn't it rather... mana expensive? I guess you use it to stock up on a lot of extra rage though.

Every killed creature, regardless of level, seem to give only +4 rage orb, so yes, this is expensive. With max Mana Accel (25 rage = 25 mana, or with artifact enhancing pet lizard's MA it would be 25 rage = 28 mana) you'd have to kill 19 enemies to just regain mana used for Infernal Dragon (60), though with help of Calm Rage it can be reduced to some 17 creatures. Of course you don't need to summon another Infernal Dragon, you probably want mana for sacrifices and resurrections, but it gives some idea how lengthy the battle can be. But that usage also gives some comfort. For example, in all my games Hagni had Chosha, which meant I could tackle her quite early and get the prize without too much levelling :)

ckdamascus
10-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Every killed creature, regardless of level, seem to give only +4 rage orb, so yes, this is expensive. With max Mana Accel (25 rage = 25 mana, or with artifact enhancing pet lizard's MA it would be 25 rage = 28 mana) you'd have to kill 19 enemies to just regain mana used for Infernal Dragon (60), though with help of Calm Rage it can be reduced to some 17 creatures. Of course you don't need to summon another Infernal Dragon, you probably want mana for sacrifices and resurrections, but it gives some idea how lengthy the battle can be. But that usage also gives some comfort. For example, in all my games Hagni had Chosha, which meant I could tackle her quite early and get the prize without too much levelling :)

Ah, this is clearly a way to get around the "round 10+" rage reduction limitation.

Or rather, round 20+... where no rage can be generated... ;)

I'm a little intrigued at the possibilities of a "high morale" demon army with the Dragon of Chaos in the back. Hmmmm.

Saiko Kila
10-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Ah, this is clearly a way to get around the "round 10+" rage reduction limitation.

Or rather, round 20+... where no rage can be generated... ;)

I'm a little intrigued at the possibilities of a "high morale" demon army with the Dragon of Chaos in the back. Hmmmm.

It may be quite potent. Although I like demons, and there are not so many battles without them when I play, I noticed that I don't bring demons to the fight, I summon them. And these summoned demons have no impact on morale on my army (which is good) and Infernal Dragon has no impact on them (which is no good).

BB Shockwave
10-12-2010, 05:04 AM
Can anyone describe what the Dragon's abilities (like Infernal, Thing of Chaos, Anti-Magical) mean? I am playing a Paladin and most likely won't even learn Chaos Magic as I'm using only boost spells, thus won't likely get to use this creature unless I find a scroll.

ckdamascus
10-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Can anyone describe what the Dragon's abilities (like Infernal, Thing of Chaos, Anti-Magical) mean? I am playing a Paladin and most likely won't even learn Chaos Magic as I'm using only boost spells, thus won't likely get to use this creature unless I find a scroll.

Infernal Creature

- related to race of demon
- strong resist to fire
- protected from cold
- immune to effect of mind
- denotates any nearby mines and barrels
- +50% defense in lava arenas
- susceptible to poison and astral
- burns melee attackers
- when it dies, it explodes, igniting all around for one turn.

Incinerates
- Ignites target with its breathe. If it kills the target, the body is incinerated and a cluster of Rage is left behind

Thing of Chaos
- When the Dragon lives (and it won't), Demons in the army receive +1 Morale. No effect on summon creatures (it never did anyways heh).

Anti-Magical means you can't cast spells on it like the Phoenix and Black Dragon (besides plague mwhahah).

That said, at least on Impossible mode, it sucks compared to Ancient Phoenix.

If I somehow bring demons into the fold, the +1 morale might be worth it, but this sucker dies for me in one round, even with Level 3 Summoner and like 50 intellect.

Att 79(53)
Def 80(53)
Init 6
Speed 7
Crit 37% (10%)
Damage 477-795
Health 2390

I wouldn't hate on it so much if it didn't cost what seems like nearly 100 Crystals to get to level 3, and 60 mana.

Metathron
10-12-2010, 10:17 PM
I agree the dragon seems pretty worthless for a whoopin 60 mana. Perhaps two expansions later they'll fix it to be better? ;)

BB Shockwave
10-18-2010, 08:13 AM
Seems like they already fixed it... in the russian patch.

It seems pretty powerfull for me, better then Evil Book, anyway, though I agree it should cost 35 mana like the Phoenix, not 60.

Weakness against Astral means you should never summon this against Goblin Shamans...

onepiece
10-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Yep although with the Crown of Chaos these suckers could resist the G. Shamans (are they affected by voice of the dragon +2 morale to dragons?)

P.S.: Yep 60 is way to high, better to do Armageddon than summon it.

travelingoz
10-20-2010, 05:53 AM
An easier way to get both mana and rage after round 20 is to use necromancers and max the Holy Mind skill in the mind tree.
Use the Necromancers raise the dead skill and surround enemy with undead, then blast away with their AOE attack. Phantom if necessary, also if you add demonolgists summons and magic spring as well, you can generate insane amounts of rage and mana each round! 36 rage and over 46 mana!

BB Shockwave
10-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Summons never get Morale Bonuses, I think.

I hear people mention GIzmo as a spell... what spell school is it from? I never got to develop Gizmo in the Legend with my Paladin and Mage to the top level, IE where it resurrects units, gives them extra turn and takes away action points from enemies. Does it do that here?

I plan to do my next walkthrough with a Demon army (Demonologists added) and plan to try the features of the Dragon of Chaos. Hopefully, by the patch, his mana costs have been reduced, or the dragon is stronger.

Btw, Evil Book. I see enemies summon it, and it is affected by the Intellect in stats - are the spells it casts affected too?