PDA

View Full Version : Can I somehow fix my own savegame?

MondSemmel
10-10-2010, 08:44 PM
I bought the whole KB package for Steam a month ago, and I'm enjoying it quite a lot. I've finished Legend as a Paladin on Hard and am now playing OoTM (first time) as a no loss impossible warrior.
I haven't had any serious issues (bugs etc.) so far but now I'm not getting any more trophies like in this thread (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=16563). I sneaked into Sheterra before even going into Montero and received the defiled Officer's Patent - apparently, it no longer works (it's a bug, not a feature).

To make a long story short: I know the Officer's Patent isn't necessary to complete the game, but I'd still like to use it to get some rare units (and, being a perfectionist, just...because). The bug might just be related to playing Crossworlds on Steam or something else, but I assume it might be easily fixed by getting the old (non-defiled) Officer's Patent back.

Is there a way to edit my save game to get it back (either by replacing the new and broken Patent with the old and functioning one, or by putting the old Patent in my inventory without altering the broken one)? If I need any editor more sophisticated than a normal text editor, please also tell me where to get that one, too.

PS: I've looked around in the forums quite a bit, but I didn't find any thread on savegame editing - I'm probably not looking for the correct words.
PPS: If necessary, I can upload my savegame.

DGDobrev
10-10-2010, 10:03 PM
The savegame cannot be edited, unfortunately. There are also no trainers and nothing of the sort. You can try to spawn the item into your inventory (now how is it called is a good question though, as all of them have short names with a dash for separation like "ancient_amulet").

You can try downloading the savegame scanner, scan the file, find the name of the patent and spawn one into your inventory. Problem is, you might just get "Amelie the Cheater" in the scoreline in the end if you do so.

Have you tried taking a patent in Debir? Or are you sure the defiled patent has no specific requirements in order to grant you trophies? I'm doing OOTM as well, but it is a very slow going, so I am not yet aware how the defiled patent works.

ckdamascus
10-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Unfortunately this a bug that a few of us has uncovered. It is a real shame that he didn't realize the lack of trophies until now. I would have been very pissed off too if my previous build required it, since I went fairly far with it.

Basically, as you go around the different academies in different worlds, they "modify" your patent. So, he can't reget the patent, and only one exists. Heck, I'm not even sure you can destroy or sell it.

It seems that for most people, if you get it modified by the Demons, you can never accrue anymore trophies.

:(

I figured this would be fairly easy to fix in code, by the developers have not seemed to get back to us yet?

Worse off though, I am pretty sure his game is "hosed" in that he has to start over if he wants the trophies.

The plus side is, you don't REALLY need the trophies (well, if there is a really really low spawn for a certain unit you need, then you do need the trophies.).

Sacrifice is his only other option if he wanted to bolster units.

MondSemmel
10-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the answers! (although they are slightly depressing^^)

As I said, I mostly wanted the trophies for completion's sake - for example, there were still a few things in the academy I had to upgrade (e.g. 1k trophies each for upgrading orcs, elves, etc; ~3k for upgrading units of levels 1-4).
However, I'm currently using an army consisting of Red Dragons, Engineers, Repair Droids, Guard Droids and Inquisitors, all of which are (right now, anyway) still in abundant supply.
I decided from the beginning not to care about my highscore in the end, so I can freely travel between islands as much as I want to, so replenishing my army will always be possible.

Still, I hope the developers manage to fix this bug sooner or later. I'm a bit surprised that it doesn't happen to everybody, though - it might be a problem related to playing OotM on Steam, for example.

aytacf
12-07-2010, 02:54 AM
i dont have a certain spawn to do a certain quest (the bring 50 pirates quest). i think we could edit savegame files in Armored Princess and is this no longer possible in Crossworlds? savegame scanner won't work anymore?
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11780