PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Chieftain - Does recruiting work? - Does Orc Veteran Scold work?

ckdamascus
10-09-2010, 12:56 AM
I just had one stack of Ogre Chieftains, and one stack of Veteran Orcs.

No recruiting occurred. Is there a level limit? e.g. he will only recruit plain orcs or any other orc unit below 4? (Is there any other unit?).

Conversely, goblin shamans easily recruit goblins for me.

Also, I tried the orc veteran skill "scold" and I did not notice any increased damage for my goblins or my ogre chieftains.

:(

Does anyone else know if this is the expected behavior?

rancor26
10-09-2010, 06:27 AM
He only recruits "orcs" it doesnt mean race orcs it means a troop called orc/orcs. He doesnt recruit veteran orcs or any other orc race unit.

ckdamascus
10-09-2010, 11:26 AM
He only recruits "orcs" it doesnt mean race orcs it means a troop called orc/orcs. He doesnt recruit veteran orcs or any other orc race unit.

Oh, he literally only recruits... "orcs". Bleh. that's retarded in a game where only 28 veteran orcs spawned.

And, where it seems converting orcs to veterans will be a lot of money. Ah well, thanks!

Any idea on scold? Admittedly the idea seemed overpowered. There goes my chance to two-hit Baal.

BB Shockwave
10-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Well, he recruits Orcs - meaning Orc, Veteran Orcs, Orc Trackers, Orc Shamans and Blood Shamans. Nifty. :)

Btw, the unit is called Orc Chieftain. He is big, but not an Ogre - that's another Level 5 unit (yep, the Orcs are the only race now with 2 Level 5 units).

Metathron
10-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Well, he recruits Orcs - meaning Orc, Veteran Orcs, Orc Trackers, Orc Shamans and Blood Shamans. Nifty. :)

Wait, so which is it now, all sorts of orcs or just the level 3 unit orc? Rancor claims it's the latter.

ckdamascus
10-11-2010, 01:34 PM

Btw, the unit is called Orc Chieftain. He is big, but not an Ogre - that's another Level 5 unit (yep, the Orcs are the only race now with 2 Level 5 units).

Is it random? The goblin shaman always recruits after a battle, but randomly picks a goblin troop. If you pair only a goblin shaman and goblin in your army, you will always accrue more goblins after a battle. If you pair only a goblin shaman and catapults, you accrue catapults, etc. If you have all three units, you accrue either goblins or catapults.

However, when I tried this technique with Orc Veterans and Orc Chieftains, I was not able to get any additional Orc Veteran units after a battle.

I agree that it should recruit any of those units by design. Perhaps another bug?

BB Shockwave
10-12-2010, 05:47 AM
So what units did you get? Or nothing at all? By description I think it should be all units of Orc Race that are not Goblins or Ogres.

ckdamascus
10-12-2010, 11:02 AM
So what units did you get? Or nothing at all? By description I think it should be all units of Orc Race that are not Goblins or Ogres.

Nothing at all. I totally agree with your assertion, as that would work in a similar manner as the Goblin Shaman's "recruiting" ability.

ckdamascus
10-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Ok, the description was a little misleading, or I was being too optimistic.

Scold ONLY works for the actual veteran orc stack itself.

BB Shockwave
10-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Ok, the description was a little misleading, or I was being too optimistic.

Scold ONLY works for the actual veteran orc stack itself.

Another thing to add for the "incorrect descriptions" list...

gouldilox
11-08-2010, 01:56 AM
I can confirm that orc chieftain recruitment does NOT work.

I have orcs, orc trackers, and orc veterans and recruitment does not increase the numbers of any of the three after several battles done.

I also have open reserve slots.... So yah unfortunately this seems to be bugged

BB Shockwave
11-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Do you have less of these orc units then what your Leadership allows? I'm just guessing, but I'd assume this only works if your troops are not maxed out.

ckdamascus
11-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Do you have less of these orc units then what your Leadership allows? I'm just guessing, but I'd assume this only works if your troops are not maxed out.

No. It simply doesn't work for Orcs, but works for Goblins.

It is hinted that this is fixed in the Beta Patch.

That said, recruitment works regardless of leadership.

e.g. it will happily put you into "Out of Control" mode. A little annoying at times, but quite a handy mobile way to "top off" your units as you level up and get more leadership items.

Another really stupid bug/feature is Scold.

Scold requires other orc stacks to be in the field, but it only works on your OWN stack. <rolls eyes>

Maybe they expected people to have dual stack orc veterans. <shrugs>

BB Shockwave
11-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Nah, it means your Orcs vent their anger only on other orcs. :) It's a racially sensitive orcish thing, you see... :)