PDA

View Full Version : Battle alchemy medal

Metathron
10-07-2010, 10:21 PM
I noticed that after I got this medal to level 1, my fire arrow and fire rain damage did not increase by 10%, in fact it did not increase at all. Is there something wrong or does it not affect spell damage but something else?

onepiece
10-08-2010, 01:47 AM
Doesn't it affect the damage of fire and poison effect? It might be a mistranslation of burn and poison damage since the description says " Combustible potions and poisonous vials..."

Metathron
10-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Ah okay, as long as it affects something, though this is more difficult to check.

BB Shockwave
10-10-2010, 09:41 PM
If you want to increase damage of Fire spells, there is a Medal (only available to Mages) for that. :)

Metathron
10-10-2010, 10:35 PM
If you want to increase damage of Fire spells, there is a Medal (only available to Mages) for that. :)

You mean the Fire Mage medal, right? That only increases your mana pool, nothing to do with spell damage.

P.S. In my current playthrough as mage on impossible I've decided not to pursue any of the spell medals, that is trapper, guardian angel, and fire mage, because frankly it's pretty damn tiresome and the "grinding" experience is not enjoyable at all. I've got the fire mage medal to level 2, but that's purely on account of using the spells when I needed them, there was no stalling out of battles. I'll be at a bit of a disadvantage without the nice % resistances bonus, but I'm fine with that if it means saving some time in real life. :-)

ckdamascus
10-11-2010, 01:44 PM
You mean the Fire Mage medal, right? That only increases your mana pool, nothing to do with spell damage.

P.S. In my current playthrough as mage on impossible I've decided not to pursue any of the spell medals, that is trapper, guardian angel, and fire mage, because frankly it's pretty damn tiresome and the "grinding" experience is not enjoyable at all. I've got the fire mage medal to level 2, but that's purely on account of using the spells when I needed them, there was no stalling out of battles. I'll be at a bit of a disadvantage without the nice % resistances bonus, but I'm fine with that if it means saving some time in real life. :-)

He might mean the Battle Alchemy one where fire and poison damage are increased if you burn or poison enough enemies. Of the medals, second row, first medal.

I agree with you on the trapper medal since I find it is rarely useful for my style of game play.

I usually play based on return on investment. I think the guardian angel, as tedious as it is, is probably the only of the three medals you described which you cannot really easily replace. More mana is helpful but you can do without. But you can always use another bit of resistance.

It isn't that bad/hard. You just play normally, and if you are about to win in round 6, just keep casting level 1 stone skin and wait.

As for fire medal, you keep casting oil mist. :)

It seems much harder for warriors since I don't have double cast anymore.

Same story with the rage machine, but that is much harder to do with mages. I was still able to do it though, just raise your base rage higher, keep skills at "1 rest" and spam spam. :)

Metathron
10-11-2010, 05:55 PM
He might mean the Battle Alchemy one where fire and poison damage are increased if you burn or poison enough enemies. Of the medals, second row, first medal.

Heh, this is the medal the thread is about actually. :grin: Was asking what damage it increased because it did not affect fire and poison spells directly. So I'm assuming onepiece was correct in saying it boosts the after effects of those spells?

It isn't that bad/hard. You just play normally, and if you are about to win in round 6, just keep casting level 1 stone skin and wait.

As for fire medal, you keep casting oil mist.

That is exactly what I am fed up with doing, have done it at least half a dozen times before, and this time around I don't intend to prolong battles artificially and see the stone skin animation for the gazzilionth time. Gazzilion minus one is quite enough for the time being. ;)

ckdamascus
10-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Heh, this is the medal the thread is about actually. :grin: Was asking what damage it increased because it did not affect fire and poison spells directly. So I'm assuming onepiece was correct in saying it boosts the after effects of those spells?

That is exactly what I am fed up with doing, have done it at least half a dozen times before, and this time around I don't intend to prolong battles artificially and see the stone skin animation for the gazzilionth time. Gazzilion minus one is quite enough for the time being. ;)

Yeah, only affects units with the status of "burning" and "poisoned."

That is exactly what I am fed up with doing, have done it at least half a dozen times before, and this time around I don't intend to prolong battles artificially and see the stone skin animation for the gazzilionth time. Gazzilion minus one is quite enough for the time being.

Haha, yeah it is a bit annoying, but it all adds up anyways. What annoys me is digging up chests. With that stupid shovel, I am now obsessed with digging up all 4 chests, but it sacrifices a weapon slot.

Normally I would say "screw that", but it helped me find Stone Skin, which was NOT in my game at all. Digging up chests lets you get items that aren't in the scanner, albeit the odds are as rare as a Diablo II drop. :)

Evil game!

rollems
10-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Digging up chests lets you get items that aren't in the scanner

Does the Old scanner still work ??

ckdamascus
10-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Does the Old scanner still work ??

Yea, it appears to work. Enough to be quite functional. :)

BB Shockwave
10-12-2010, 05:07 AM
I love digging chests, I sometimes skip it when facing enemy heroes with large mana pools and damage spells, but otherwise it's worth it for the runes and wanderer scrolls that can pop out.

I already got the Holy Warrior (I think that's the name) increased to Level 2, and soon will get the Guardian Angel on 1 too - it's not hard, because being a Paladin, I mostly use beneficial spells, Healing, Stone Skin, etc. You know, the thing that'd help in getting these medals would be if the abilities my units use (Inquisitor's Resurrection and Bless, Rune Mage's Revive) would count too, like the Archmage's Shield does.

ckdamascus
10-12-2010, 11:45 AM
I love digging chests, I sometimes skip it when facing enemy heroes with large mana pools and damage spells, but otherwise it's worth it for the runes and wanderer scrolls that can pop out.

I already got the Holy Warrior (I think that's the name) increased to Level 2, and soon will get the Guardian Angel on 1 too - it's not hard, because being a Paladin, I mostly use beneficial spells, Healing, Stone Skin, etc. You know, the thing that'd help in getting these medals would be if the abilities my units use (Inquisitor's Resurrection and Bless, Rune Mage's Revive) would count too, like the Archmage's Shield does.

Yeah, it is definitely "worth it", but it sucks up a lot of time and hurts my dragon training. :(

You get so little experience for it compared to the other skills, and I don't have double cast as a warrior, and I will end up nearly wiping the enemy out too fast PLUS I need to consider reviving.

It's an annoying balance beam I have to keep going through.

Yeah, against some heroes or strong encounters, if I can't get all chests, I won't.

Haha, yeah that would be sort of nice if they did. I actually find the guardian angel one somewhat easier to get, but my current offensive build is starting to ramp up, so I don't open with stoneskin anymore, but pygmy. So, that is hurting my stoneskin counter a lot. :(

That +40% damage with paladin medal is awesome. I just wish it included more units. :) Rune mage rune mage... haha.