PDA

View Full Version : Editing an Existing Hero

Roman
10-06-2010, 03:40 PM
I am playing the Orcs on the March campaign and have run into some serious problems. Essentially, I have gimped my hero pretty badly. I thought I would be clever and first choose all the skills that will pay dividends later (spending pretty much all runes on skills that grant me an experience bonus after a battle or that grant my dragon an experience bonus after battle or "Neatness"... In practice, however, it means that I am a mage who only casts weak spells, yet being a mage, doesn't have a great leadership score nor warrior or paladin skills to make up for it...

To cut the long story short, I would like to edit the hero somehow, so as to change the progression of some things (e.g. I would like to gain a paladin-like or perhaps even a warrior-like progression of leadership (i.e. not just 10/level, but 15/level or 20/level). I have searched the forum and found out that this is possible to do with a new hero, by editing the hero.txt file. However, I would like to do this with an existing hero, since I don't want to start from the beginning again. If anybody could explain how to do this, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Roman
10-09-2010, 12:51 AM
The question is no longer relevant. It seems that early prudence has now begun to pay off, so there is no need to modify any save games.