PDA

View Full Version : How difficult is it really? And about the Editor...

wizaerd
10-05-2010, 06:50 PM
I am by no means an elite gamer, in fact, if truth be told I suck at games. But oddly enough, I do enjoy them. Mostly. But I do get irritated with overly difficult games. I know I'm in the minority, and most gamers crave the challenge, but alas that is not me. It's not the challenge I like, or even the competition. I like to use gaming as a means to unwind and relax. I enjoy the stories, I enjoy the gameplay mechanics (mostly).

So with this in mind, I had heard that Armored Princess and even Crossworlds are very difficult. Even the more skilled players have found these diffulct or challenging. Would this be accurate? Should I skip them?

I also enjoy modding tools or mapping editors, and I have seen the one video about this game's editor, but are there any more video tutorials or demonstrations of the editor?

DrAtomic1
10-06-2010, 01:06 AM
I think Armored Princess is harder then KB the Legend, but if you play KB the Legend on normal and AP on easy you should have a blast. So best value is to get Crossworlds Platinum edition and enjoy them all for not much money. There is a demo available for KB the Legend not sure about Armored Princess. Be warned that the save games in the demo are not compatible with the real game (at least they werent for me).

Metathron
10-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Yeah, you shouldn't have too much trouble progressing on easy, just try it out...

Jokubas
11-28-2010, 04:22 AM
Armored Princess and Crossworlds are harder?

I was considering buying the Platinum pack, but considering I hit a brick wall in The Legend on easy... You people are too good at this kind of game. :cool:

MaroonMaurader
11-28-2010, 06:02 AM
After the first ~1/3 of the game, AP isn't any harder than TL. It just has a brutal introduction - on Impossible difficulty, pretty quickly you have almost no mana, almost no rage, few spells or abilities, and you're consistently facing "impossible" rated enemy armies. 99% of all strategies for dealing with that just fail. There's maybe a half-dozen known approaches for getting through it, and unless you read one of them or devise one of those on your own the odds are extremely good that you'll simply be unable to continue. Once you've gotten through there to the point that you have more spells and mana, and a wider selection of creatures to work with, it's not too bad.

Elwin
11-28-2010, 10:14 AM
The game is brutally hard on start when you play it for first time. If u havent played legend, normal mage will be just nightmare for you, many poeple fails at it. Personally i had to use tactics form impossible difficulty from Legend to do something in AP at normal mage . After finishing it once and knowing it mechanics it becomes quite easy.

Lord Ludwig
12-05-2010, 09:11 AM
It is indeed hard to say how hard this game really is. It offers a huge amount of possible strategies and tactics. At first, if you are totally unexperienced, it may seem hellish even on easy. But if you are experienced, even no loss on impossible becomes easy for most of the campaign. Generally, the hardest parts are the levels from, say, 5 to 12 and then the very last battles against the megabosses.

If you just want to relax without bothering to plan, to read what every spell and ability really do, then you could maybe complete the game on lowest difficulty. But you would really experience only 5% of what this game has to offer. It's like reducing Beethoven's 9th to a GSM ring tone.

dvunkannon
12-11-2010, 06:45 AM
I just finished Legend on easy and now up to level 12 in AP on normal. The jump in difficulty (playing mage in both games) was startling. I'm just now getting the feeling that I have a strategy for getting through the battles and progressing. I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy the game at this level of difficulty, but now I think I can handle it. I'm also no hardcore gamer.

Right now I'd have to say that the story of Legend was much more satisfying than AP. Legend had a certain loopiness and not taking itself too seriously which AP lacks. AP has improved a lot of the feel of the UI, following the lead of a lot of mods you'll see for Legend. But the story is less coherent, and the islands are too small for it to really be an exploratory game

Yeah, about that editor. I read through the tutorial PDF today and started the editor just to get a feel for it. It seems easy enough to make a height map and start painting it with textures, but I'm more interested in story content than pretty pictures. I've never done Lua scripts, and some the examples are a bit hard to decipher. While the game has translated all the visible text into English, there are many internal labels that are still in Russian.

Hento
01-04-2011, 04:30 PM
and you're consistently facing "impossible" rated enemy armies.

Although, as a mage impossible rating is irrelevant, there is nothing that mage can't beat with a properly developed spells and character. And mage is better served by having no army except a single lvl 5 unit.