PDA

View Full Version : Minor Texture mod - Goblins

BB Shockwave
09-29-2010, 07:14 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but it really annoyed me how alike the new Goblin Shamans and the Furious Goblins are. Sure, they have different tatoos, and the Shaman are... trailing smoke (?!) but they are generally blue and easy to confuse on the battlefield - which, considering the shaman's abilities, is not a good thing.

So, I did a quick and sloppy edit (really, just in 10 minutes - I might go back and do a better one later) to make Furious Goblins' clothes reddish instead. Now, they are easier to tell apart! :)

Installation is simple, just copy the dds file into your
X:\Program Files\1C Company\Kings Bounty Armored Princess\data\textures.kfs file - just remember to save the old one first.

(Textures for the new units are in the Orc mods folder, btw).

onepiece
09-29-2010, 10:32 PM
JJaja. Now that is a fast work (but it works great, it's still difficult to spot the goblin shamans though. Maybe change their color or give them more smoke?)

BB Shockwave
09-29-2010, 10:55 PM
Well I cannot change effects - but how about I make the shaman's skin different from green? Blood red like the Blood shamans? With white tatoos?

DrAtomic1
09-30-2010, 01:06 AM
That sounds like a good idea!

onepiece
09-30-2010, 02:18 AM
The tattoos sound great. For the skin I would say a reddish purple (as to make them a little different from the blood shaman) and maybe red and blue clothes.

P.S: While I looked at the image, I couldn't locate the goblin shaman XD. Needs a new ability "camouflage": cannot be seen by player :-P.

BB Shockwave
09-30-2010, 05:20 AM
He's in the middle... :)

I'd leave the clothes blue - makes a better contrast to their new skin color. Plus, now Furios Goblins are red(ish).

I'll edit the portraits as well - btw, you can find those in simple bmp format in the ses files as well.