PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Summon Colossus

blueparrot1966
09-29-2010, 02:04 AM
In the new improved Armored Princess campaign, the Summon Colossus wanderer spell isn't working for me. What gives?

If all of my slots are full, I get the "no room in the army" message. But if I have an empty slot, I click on the scroll, and nothing happens.

Is there a minimum level requirement for this now? Or is a lvl 5 mage's leadership too low to have even one of the level 5's? Whatever it is, there's no error message, just nothing happening at all.

Anyone out there know what the deal is?

(I've installed the 1.0.0.1 hotfix, no effect, I'm playing a mage, hard difficulty, lvl 5.)

ckdamascus
09-29-2010, 02:23 AM
In the new improved Armored Princess campaign, the Summon Colossus wanderer spell isn't working for me. What gives?

If all of my slots are full, I get the "no room in the army" message. But if I have an empty slot, I click on the scroll, and nothing happens.

Is there a minimum level requirement for this now? Or is a lvl 5 mage's leadership too low to have even one of the level 5's? Whatever it is, there's no error message, just nothing happening at all.

Anyone out there know what the deal is?

(I've installed the 1.0.0.1 hotfix, no effect, I'm playing a mage, hard difficulty, lvl 5.)

Highly likely you dont' have enough leadership for even a single unit. How much leadership do you have? And,... WOW, congrats on finding it so early on.

I usually can't get any useful units until a bit later with a mage. I hope you get grand strategy level 3 soon....

The Call Colossus scroll determines the level 5 unit based on your continent (and I believe a seed based on what you travel).

So, if you are on the first continent, it will try to summon a level 5, but it will never change the level 5 you were "meant" to get.

If somehow it randomized that you are destined to get a troll, you need 1100 leadership.

loreangelicus
09-29-2010, 03:24 AM
Highly likely you dont' have enough leadership for even a single unit. How much leadership do you have? And,... WOW, congrats on finding it so early on.

I usually can't get any useful units until a bit later with a mage. I hope you get grand strategy level 3 soon....

The Call Colossus scroll determines the level 5 unit based on your continent (and I believe a seed based on what you travel).

So, if you are on the first continent, it will try to summon a level 5, but it will never change the level 5 you were "meant" to get.

If somehow it randomized that you are destined to get a troll, you need 1100 leadership.

Did they change how Call Colossus works in KBCW? From your statement above are you implying that the eggs/sprout trick from KBAP won't work anymore? See below link from KBAP forums on Call Colossus, on how to change the level 5 unit it generates (considering you have the leadership for at least 1 troop from that unit type):

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11516&highlight=call+colossus

Saiko Kila
09-29-2010, 02:04 PM
You can change the units you get, just use other summon spell instead, or whatever which uses the same sequence of pseudorandom numbers. For example:
1. save
2. use Call Colossus
3. if you don't get what you want then load
4. use, say, Call of death
5. use Call Colossus
6. if youd don't get what you want then load
7. use other combination of spell than before, like Song of the Wind (once), or two times Call of Death
8. use Call Colossus
9. if you don't get what you want, just load, change location - go to crypt or mine, or another mine, and repeat

Oh, one more thing. If you change location and come back (like, from grand canal to abyss and then to grand canal again) one of numbers from sequence is dropped and you get the next unit in queue, so you can actually save other scrolls and just keep changing locations instead of spending obsolete scroll.

Malthan
09-29-2010, 02:31 PM
The kind of creatures you get can change - I didn't know about that, got trolls on one of the islands, but I wanted to wait until I had some more leadership, so after loading a game and some more fights I came back to the same spot and got black dragons instead. So I think the egg trick posted above should still work.

loreangelicus
09-29-2010, 02:54 PM
You can change the units you get, just use other summon spell instead, or whatever which uses the same sequence of pseudorandom numbers. For example:
1. save
2. use Call Colossus
3. if you don't get what you want then load
4. use, say, Call of death
5. use Call Colossus
6. if youd don't get what you want then load
7. use other combination of spell than before, like Song of the Wind (once), or two times Call of Death
8. use Call Colossus
9. if you don't get what you want, just load, change location - go to crypt or mine, or another mine, and repeat

Oh, one more thing. If you change location and come back (like, from grand canal to abyss and then to grand canal again) one of numbers from sequence is dropped and you get the next unit in queue, so you can actually save other scrolls and just keep changing locations instead of spending obsolete scroll.

If the eggs/sprouts trick still works, then its a lot more economical/practical than using your other summoning wanderer scrolls. And besides, you could use the eggs/sprouts to determine the unit type of the other summoning scrolls as well.

Transferring locations, while free in terms of gold, is not free in terms of time; something you don't have in abundance if going for a high score 7 days run.

ckdamascus
09-29-2010, 03:03 PM
If the eggs/sprouts trick still works, then its a lot more economical/practical than using your other summoning wanderer scrolls. And besides, you could use the eggs/sprouts to determine the unit type of the other summoning scrolls as well.

Transferring locations, while free in terms of gold, is not free in terms of time; something you don't have in abundance if going for a high score 7 days run.

That is sort of what I hate about those "high speed" runs. Also, I don't always have a solid team (or want to stick with one solid team) to beat/play against different enemies, so I end up running around a lot.

Makes me wonder if I should just give up the artificial construct of "no-loss" like I did for the other campaigns. :) My game doesn't have a lot of trolls or ogres, so I have to be careful keeping them alive. I don't want to waste crystals for the sacrifice combo either.

I usually only do it to save money and get grand strategy 3. Now that I seem to have a decent amount (1.5 mill) but at level 45.. I wonder if that is enough?

Saiko Kila
09-29-2010, 03:13 PM

Sprouts are needed for Raven, and I am able to utilize all sprouts found. Eggs are plentiful though. They work the same way as scrolls.

Changing locations is free and don't use much time unless you change island. You can save next to the door, changing locations won't take a minute of game time, and you can cast spells and arrange troops on pause (SPACE key).

ckdamascus
09-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Sprouts are needed for Raven, and I am able to utilize all sprouts found. Eggs are plentiful though. They work the same way as scrolls.

Changing locations is free and don't use much time unless you change island. You can save next to the door, changing locations won't take a minute of game time, and you can cast spells and arrange troops on pause (SPACE key).

What is Raven?

You mean going inside a cave will change the Summon queue?
[edit] oh yeah that is what you just said, duh me. heh.

Saiko Kila
09-29-2010, 03:37 PM
What is Raven?

Raven is an artifact, a talking bird. It can create random Wanderer Scrolls, but it needs sprouts, battles and uses all mana. It needs less battles than Elenhel, but the number is increasing with every scroll created. Number of used sprouts seem to be constant though.

blueparrot1966
09-29-2010, 06:48 PM

Yep, that's kind of what I was guessing. A message telling me what's going on would've been nice... And yeah, I lucked out getting it so early, but it's not going to do me much good for a bit, is it, lol?