PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Amelie's armor?

Dwagginz
09-27-2010, 09:39 PM
She seems to have suffered a case of magically disappearing armour!

In KB:AP, her warrior/paladin representations were, bar the upper legs, rather well covered, but in KB:C, the Amelie we see is wearing possibly less than her mage representation.

Maybe it broke? :rolleyes:

DGDobrev
09-27-2010, 10:43 PM
I do not see much of a change, really... Warrior was red plate armor, covering the entire torso, Paladin has full body bluish armor with crosses on the chest and shoulders, and both have similar skirt-like waistbands. I'll have to compare with the vanilla KBAP, but to me, she seems rather well dressed.

Maybe you should post a screenshot if you see something different than what I described.

Dwagginz
09-27-2010, 10:44 PM
It's not really an in-game thing, more an advert thing. I'm assuming the Amelie representation on Crossworlds represents... Uh..

OK, which is the "real" Amelie? :p

onepiece
09-27-2010, 11:48 PM
DW; you seem to be talking about the "marketing" Amelie, Of course it's gonna differ (have you looked at the one on the AP manual?, that one it's the more real because it's not of marketing value ). In the attached file, it seems she is a mage but with less armor and it has changed a bit

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=3369&d=1285144869

Kas
09-28-2010, 01:36 AM
Well, I suppose we could go with the boring and obvious explanation, "sex sells," but I prefer to think that imps are good for something.;)

Naughty, naughty!

But wouldn't that be an interesting skill?

Mischievous

Due to their mischievous nature, Princess Amelie's appearance may change with imps present in the army.

Urbz
09-28-2010, 08:31 AM
I'm actually often jesting about this with my girlfriend and calling Amelie; "The Not So Armored Princess" ( she's not impressed ) :-P

Dwagginz
09-28-2010, 08:52 AM
DW; you seem to be talking about the "marketing" Amelie, Of course it's gonna differ (have you looked at the one on the AP manual?, that one it's the more real because it's not of marketing value ). In the attached file, it seems she is a mage but with less armor and it has changed a bit

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=3369&d=1285144869
Yes, that's the armour I mean! It looks like a variation on her mage armour, although it's more of a mix-'n'-match set.

But if Amelie doesn't fight, why does she need armour? The eternal question! :P

TL had a "true" Bill Gilbert (the warrior), so does KB:AP/C have a "true" Amelie?

BluePhoenix
09-28-2010, 12:35 PM
The Armored Princess main menu had the Mage Amelie (see armor). I guess that would be the true / official Amelie, Dwagginz.

By the way, completely random question: who do you think would make a good Amelie if someone ever made a movie? I was thinking Ashley Greene or Milla Jovovich.

Dwagginz
09-28-2010, 01:39 PM
That was one of my thoughts, Blue.

I'm not sure, funnily enough. I can't really think of anyone who looks much like Amelie. Milla Jovovich is too... Small upstairs, and she looks older than Amelie is. Ashley Greene isn't bad, but I don't think she has the look either. I shall have to think about this!

BB Shockwave
09-28-2010, 05:05 PM
It's a well-known rule of adventuring that while male heroes wear full-body armor, females need to wear thongs and chain mail bikinis that barely cover their body. :) Heck, in some games the same armor will cover much less when equipped by a female hero then when a male wears it! Yet, it provides the same protection...

Obviously, this is magical armor. :) (If your read Vixine, they make fun of this quite often).

ckdamascus
09-28-2010, 05:13 PM
It's a well-known rule of adventuring that while male heroes wear full-body armor, females need to wear thongs and chain mail bikinis that barely cover their body. :) Heck, in some games the same armor will cover much less when equipped by a female hero then when a male wears it! Yet, it provides the same protection...

Obviously, this is magical armor. :) (If your read Vixine, they make fun of this quite often).

If you wear less, the enemy has a 30% chance of missing you.

onepiece
09-28-2010, 06:50 PM
@BluePhoenix, if the made a movie, it would be mostly of the first game because of the male protagonist, although depending of the producer they could go with a more "risky" edition: King's Bounty: Un-armored Princess.

@ckdamascus; so she has a sucubbus ability :-P

In general Katauri has done what everybody else has: Grown chicks get a number of clothes/armor inversely proportional to their sex value.:cool:

BB Shockwave
09-28-2010, 07:10 PM
If you wear less, the enemy has a 30% chance of missing you.

Of course! The Beauty skill makes perfect sense. I know it'd work on me. ;)

Btw, If you have seen Heroes of Might and Magic Online - for that game (bad as it is), the chinese developers had the idea to make a lot of the HOMMIII monsters into females... so now Monks/Zealots, Gogs/Magogs, Genie/Master Genie, Efreets/Efreet Sultans and even Wights/Wraiths are female... Oh yeah, Water Elementals too. :) And man, they look great. Heck, that game even made Harpy Hags sexy. (Which makes the 'hag' word quite odd attached to them...)

onepiece
09-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Now this thread is becoming a discussion based on our favorites chicks from KB and showing just how lecherous old men we are (especially me but not that old) XD.

@BB; that's true. The MMO has a lot of chicks now and they are hot. Need and artbook of it quickly.

P.S: Messages to Katauri: More females units! XD

P.S.2: That game also has a Royal Griffin (heresy) but it is not as cool as the king bounty one (looks like a common griffin XD)

Dwagginz
09-28-2010, 07:42 PM
P.S: Messages to Katauri: More females units! XD

Actually, that's a good point. There's an item (Perhaps an item set) which gives a bonus to female troops, but I can think of three (Seductress and two types of Fairy). Maybe some female guardswomen? :D

Saiko Kila
09-28-2010, 09:41 PM
I'd prefrer Anga's Ruby instead of more female monsters. I mean units. That ring was the main reason to use them in KBTL. Of course sight of female troops kicking ass of priest of any religion is worth something on its own :)

onepiece
09-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Sadly most of the female units are just for support or strategy according to your gameplay (dryads for elves and thorns and demoness for demon or teleport units to your tanks).
Anga's ruby is quite bad because there are too few females and most people wont benefit from it.

@DW; you forgot the dryads. Maybe a dragon tamer? With dragon voice (+1 moral to dragons)

Saiko Kila
09-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Sadly most of the female units are just for support or strategy according to your gameplay (dryads for elves and thorns and demoness for demon or teleport units to your tanks).
Anga's ruby is quite bad because there are too few females and most people wont benefit from it.

My brother was able to beat whole KBTL with only female units and inquisitors. Sometimes he was changing one type of fairies for something else, like demons. Of course he have been using this strategy since obtaining Anga's Ruby. Fairies are killers because of their damage-to-leadership ratio. Bless helps. Dryads summon stacks of cannon fodders, which can multiply thanks to corpses of fallen warriors. The typical opening was flying with fairies to the most dangerous enemy and whacking him. Faries have no retaliation After that most of enemies were killing fairies. Next round, after spending some moves (and using farires again) he was casting Time Back on fairies with rage spirit. I saw this team to beat final dragons, so I know it was possible to use females only (plus inquis) to beat the game. Without Anga's Ruby the fariries, demonesses and others are bit to slow and to weak to make it comfortably.

onepiece
09-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Now that's an interesting strategy. I don't remember using Time back on TL (and now I'm starting to regret it XD). The only problem was how to develop your spirits back then (although since Reaper was the most useful, that's a bad excuse).

My basic strategy was royal snakes plus frog wife (if I had know how useful time back was, now I would be so happy)

...But we still need more female units!

BB Shockwave
09-30-2010, 05:37 AM
No Time Back? What WERE you using? :D By the end of the game, Zerock and Sleem became useless in every of my walkthrough (except Glot Armor, of course), and I was only using Reaper and Lina. Time Back was essential for me not to lose any Bone/Black dragons.

onepiece
09-30-2010, 05:32 PM
Don't remember exactly what (soul abduction and black hole I suppose). I don't know why I never used (or improved) time back. Now I feel like a...XD

Saiko Kila
09-30-2010, 09:07 PM
I think that Gorguana is another female unit. Ring of Youth adds +5% to critical hits of "Gorguanas (female)". So we have more chicks. Scaly ones, but nonetheless...

BB Shockwave
09-30-2010, 10:29 PM
I think that Gorguana is another female unit. Ring of Youth adds +5% to critical hits of "Gorguanas (female)". So we have more chicks. Scaly ones, but nonetheless...

Heh, yeah, almost forgot that. Lizardmen don't have much to boast about sexual dimorphism, though... :-P

onepiece
09-30-2010, 10:35 PM
Now the (female) text is there because one may not see them as female (thinking it's just another male unit)?
I had seen it but didn't understood what it mean (another error by developers XD). But now I do. Thanks.

Saiko Kila
09-30-2010, 11:08 PM
At first I thought it was intended to mean the gender of a hero. If Amelie wears it then it works, if Arena guy wears it, then it does not. But then I concluded it would be too stupid :)

onepiece
09-30-2010, 11:39 PM
Yeah it would be a very ridiculous item (especially because it was on TL and there where no female heroes in it).

There must be an ability implying that they are she-fighters (and not based on their looks). Although that could make rise to some very "sexual ambiguous" units XD.

Dwagginz
10-05-2010, 09:52 AM
I wonder what the dealio with the "blue"/dress armour for Amelie is.

It's the one here (http://www.kings-bounty.com/eng/img/wp/KB_princess05_1280.jpg), and I've seen it on... I think it was the Platinum edition's box. She's got blue hair in it, and her armour looks like a cross between Mage, Paladin and a bed sheet :p

onepiece
10-05-2010, 05:55 PM
@Dwagginz; Dunno but it's pretty cool. Sexy and prideful in my opinion. Doesn't look too much like a w**** (generic game) and make her have a somewhat "intriguing" feeling around her.

But that sword does not go with the medieval look of the game (is more arabic/asian)

Nike-it, do you have a wallpaper of this picture (sorry for the off-topicness)

P.S: That looks like a very comfortable sheet to sleep:cool:

Dwagginz
10-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Nike-it, do you have a wallpaper of this picture (sorry for the off-topicness)
There's one on the Armored Princess site. Biggest is 1600x1200.

The Amelie in that pic, to me, looks different than the "standard" one, which makes me think she could be a concept one. But why would they use her on the box of Platinum? Mind you, they used the Mage guy on it, too, rather than the "true" Bill.

onepiece
10-06-2010, 12:18 AM
@Dwagginz; thanks.

Maybe they wanted a more epic feeling and one less commercial? As the people who would buy it would know what game is and would love to have something different than the usual guys from past covers?

Like a Mario game where mario uses white and red instead of the usual red-blue?