PDA

View Full Version : Trap spell

Malthan
09-27-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm wondering how can I obtain the trap spell. I've played through KB:AP once as a warrior and never got it, now I'm playing crossworlds as a mage and I'm level 22 and haven't seen it, despite visiting every building I could on 5 islands, plus digging lot's of chests etc. I also don't have resurrection, which I think my warrior got pretty early.

Are there any places that always have certain spells, or is it completely random?

Metathron
09-27-2010, 06:46 PM
It's completely random, in most cases.

Resurrection is pretty rare in the first half of the game, but I just can't believe you were unable to find trap?!?

Saiko Kila
09-27-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm wondering how can I obtain the trap spell. I've played through KB:AP once as a warrior and never got it, now I'm playing crossworlds as a mage and I'm level 22 and haven't seen it, despite visiting every building I could on 5 islands, plus digging lot's of chests etc. I also don't have resurrection, which I think my warrior got pretty early.

Are there any places that always have certain spells, or is it completely random?

Use Save Game Scanner to find where it is. Dragon can also dig it up for you, it needs many tries. In my game, the orc shaman, new NPC in Orcs on the March, had the scroll in the very beginning, but I overlooked it and found the scroll only on Elon island, so my mage was after level 20 or something.

Malthan
09-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the tip, the save scanner says there's a tavern on Elon selling trap scrolls, so I guess now I only need to finally get a map to get there.

grjohnson
10-26-2010, 03:30 AM
I've the trap spell.. and have used it may times. Yet, my TRAPPING counter (for the Trapper medal) is still Zero?? What the hey?

loreangelicus
10-26-2010, 04:16 AM
I've the trap spell.. and have used it may times. Yet, my TRAPPING counter (for the Trapper medal) is still Zero?? What the hey?

The trap needs to kill the whole enemy stack for it to count towards the medal.

travelingoz
10-26-2010, 04:37 AM

Also, killing stacks of summoned units (e.g. phantoms,thorns, demons, etc.) do not count towards medal either.

KarlosCV
10-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Also, killing stacks of summoned units (e.g. phantoms,thorns, demons, etc.) do not count towards medal either.

And that's the problem with this medal. I once maxed it out but it was P.A.I.N. and I swore I wouldn't do it again, ever :)

ckdamascus
10-27-2010, 09:24 PM
And that's the problem with this medal. I once maxed it out but it was P.A.I.N. and I swore I wouldn't do it again, ever :)

First few times I played this game, I felt that way. Now it is actually really easy for me.

This is especially true because you can trap/kill more than one person in a round. You can also do this AFTER round 10. Also the Engineer unit lets you get droids without committing to droids, so you have a lot more units that can pull people into traps.

Dragon Kick
Cyclops Push
Archmage Telekinesis
Emerald Dragon Capture
Droid Capture - (use engineers to get these guys)

Just calculate how much damage you do with the dragon kick, and see how much damage your trap does at a minimum. Make sure you only kick / push / capture enough so that the trap always finishes off someone.

It is a lot easier for a mage since you can raise the damage of trap really easily, making your margin of acceptable trap victim candidates much higher.

Esteral
11-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Getting the Trap medal is easy , specially for a mage.

As a lvl 29 mage I wasnt missing the trap spell yet, mainly because of the Ancient Phoenix. But knowing how helpfull it is, I went and did 100 kills in a single battle going from nothing to lvl 3 trap medal.

Want you need is Transmute at lvl 2, the spell Phantom, the rage skill Mana Accelerator and a few stacks of Inquisitors. Make sure 1 stack consists of only 1 Inquisitor.
I used 4 stacks of Inquisitors and 1 stack of Red Dragons. But I should have used 3 stacks and 1 paladin stack plus the dragons.

Pick a battle where there is a archer type unit and leave few alive at the end of the battle.
Then cast Trap and let walk the lonely Inquisitor on to it. After its dead resurrect it with other Inquisitors. Killing the Inquistor will give 10 / 14 / 20 mana depending on your Transmute skill. This will help pay for the phantom spell to clone the Inquistors. Use the Holy anger to fill up rage and Cast Mana Acceleration. I used the 16 rage = 14 mana. At lower levels use the 11rage = 10 mana. Paladins help to make full use of the Holy Anger. With a bit of luck you should able to continuely keep killing the Inquisitor / resurrect him / phantom Inquisitors / Holy anger / Mana Accel.