PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to edit spells?

Puce Moose
09-26-2010, 05:32 PM
I started poking through the editor today, and couldn't find an option to edit spells. If the editor can't edit spells, is there a way to do it manually? I've been peeking in inside various .kfs files trying to find the files that control trap behavior. I'd love to edit traps to make them a bit more potent, and possibly add some additional effects.

If anyone knows where to find such information I'd appreciate it. In addition, if I do find the appropriate files, where do I need to save the new files? Do they have to be packed back into the original compressed .kfs archive, or do I need to just stick them in the data/mods folder?

Thanks!

bladeking77
09-26-2010, 05:47 PM
The main stats database is stored in Sessions\addon\ses.kfs and the file is named "spells.txt". From there search for spell_trap, and there you go. It contains various stats you can modify. As for spell behavior, it's located in .lua files, but I wouldn't recommend you messing with it, as I spent last two days trying to add some cool effects, but without success.
The modified files don't have to go back to .kfs file, they are fine in Mods folder.

TheOne
09-26-2010, 06:33 PM
OOTM has an updated spells.txt in orcs.kfs, so you will probably want to use that.

From: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11656

8)spells.txt
Here you can edit the damage, the crystal cost and such. Here's the armageddon spell:

spell_armageddon {
category=s
profit=5
price=60000
hide=0
image=book_spell_armageddon.png
button_image=book_scroll_armageddon.png
label=SN_armageddon
attack=scripted
school=3
hint=spell_armageddon_hint
hint_header=spell_armageddon_header

scripted {
script_attack=spell_armageddon_attack
script_calccells=
attack_cursor=magicstick
ad_factor=0 // use attack/defense
//nfeatures=magic_immunitet
}
params {
duration=0
typedmg=astral
damage=200-300
lvl_dmg=70 ->percentage that damage improves by level. Min damage is 200, 70% of it is 140, so lvl 2 min damage is 340, and lvl 3 min damage is 480.
prc=50,50,50 ->now some of these should be the damage that it does to allies... the good question is which one or it based on the level of the spell.
burn=30 ->basic chance to burn - improves by 30% per lvl
}
levels {
// level = mana_cost, crystals_cost to upgrade from previous level
1=30,15
2=40,25
3=50,35
}
}

8)spellsadventure.txt
Here you can mod the prices for the spells, so it's cheaper to buy them.

Puce Moose
09-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Awesome, thanks for the help bladeking and TheOne.

After a bit of tinkering I've managed to lower the cost of the traps a bit (5,7,10 instead of 5,10,15), increased the duration by two, and added a 50% chance for burning effect from 1-3 turns at trap level 2 and above. So far it seems to be working!

Any idea how to access the text for the various spells? I've found entries like this:
hint=spell_trap_hint
hint_header=spell_trap_header
but I don't know which file to open to actually change the text strings.

bladeking77
09-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Awesome, thanks for the help bladeking and TheOne.

After a bit of tinkering I've managed to lower the cost of the traps a bit (5,7,10 instead of 5,10,15), increased the duration by two, and added a 50% chance for burning effect from 1-3 turns at trap level 2 and above. So far it seems to be working!

Any idea how to access the text for the various spells? I've found entries like this:
hint=spell_trap_hint
hint_header=spell_trap_header
but I don't know which file to open to actually change the text strings.

The files responsible for managing text are the .lng files and are located in loc_ses.kfs. The specific one for that two lines would be eng_spells.lng. Then search for "trap" and edit the lines below.

Here are the lines responsible for trap spell:

spell_trap_name=Trap
SN_trap=^spells_tN^
spell_trap_header=^spells_tC^
spell_trap_small=
spell_trap_desc=Places a trap on the battlefield. When falling into a trap, a troop incurs physical damage and loses all of its Action Points.
spell_trap_text_1=^spells_tSpell^Damage: [DS16_Damage].
spell_trap_text_2=^spells_tSpell^Damage: [DS16_Damage].
spell_trap_text_3=^spells_tSpell^damage: [DS16_Damage] (poisons).
spell_trap_hint=^spells_tEnew^

I hope this helps you. :)

Puce Moose
09-26-2010, 09:49 PM
Perfect, thanks again. Just what I needed!

Everything's working like a charm so far. Flaming traps really help out against those nasty Ancient Ents.

http://www.pucemoose.com/pics/trappy1.jpg

MrRomanticGameGuy
10-18-2010, 02:38 PM
With which programm can i extract the files in de kfs?

bladeking77
10-18-2010, 03:57 PM
With which programm can i extract the files in de kfs?

You can do it with Winrar. Kfs files are just simple renamed archives.

MrRomanticGameGuy
10-19-2010, 04:43 AM
Thanks i wonder why my pc didn't said that WinRar can open it. :confused: