PDA

View Full Version : OotM New Quest Locations

blueshrike
09-26-2010, 04:13 PM
According to the manual there are supposed to be 7 new quests:

1. Debir. The orc next to the dock starts a quest chain that takes you to numerous islands and ends in a powerful battle. Reward = powerful item.

2. Debir. Military Academy. Can go on a class quest. Example - as a mage you kill some mage-types then report back your observations. Then you get access to a new skill on your tree: Archmage.

3. Debir. Mysterious Lights = Wizard Tower. The Caretaker gives you a quest to fight up to the top level, each battle more difficult than the last. Reward = a powerful transformative stat-boost item.

4. Scarlet Wind, in the northwest on the water. Master Lothar. Gives quest to find a "Turn back time" scroll. When you bring it back his store is filled with some new items.

5. Sheterra: Hephaestus. Ask to sell your soul. Reward: able to transform your troops (via military academies) into demon troops but (currently - due to bug?) without the ability to earn trophies afterward

6. Debir: Admission to the Military Academy. King Frederick gives the quest at the beginning of the game. It's obviously very short but I'm guessing that it counts as one of the seven as it's marked as completed.

7. ?? location ?? reward(s)

Anyone care to take a stab at filling in the 7th - or is this all?

I'll do so as well when/if I find out. UPDATED: Demon quest

Jaedar
09-26-2010, 04:53 PM
Dwarven smith is presumably Master Lothar, in the scarlet island map. He has a cot in the water to the northwest. His quest is to find a "Turn back time" scroll and the reward is a few runes of each type and access to more items and units from his shop.

blueshrike
09-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Thanks Jaedar. That's exactly it. I'll fill it in now.

BB Shockwave
09-26-2010, 07:49 PM
For a Paladin, I was tasked with killing "Holy warriors" - this means, Inquisitors and Paladins, a total of 30 units have to be killed to learn how they fight. (IT's actually good to see Amelie can refuse saying she is a Paladin too, that's against her beliefs). :)

Jaedar
09-26-2010, 08:14 PM
For a Paladin, I was tasked with killing "Holy warriors" - this means, Inquisitors and Paladins, a total of 30 units have to be killed to learn how they fight. (IT's actually good to see Amelie can refuse saying she is a Paladin too, that's against her beliefs). :)
What is the reward for completing it?

Saiko Kila
09-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Quest number five is delivering Hephaestus's items to Arian, after Amelie tried to sell her soul to him (a practical girl). You need to have Officer's patent for this to work, because the patent is defiled after that. I don't know whether this is buggy or intended, but my patent ceased to accumulate trohpies and give bonus to EXP.

BB Shockwave
09-26-2010, 11:04 PM
What is the reward for completing it?

Don't know, my game spawned lots of Orcs and few Priests/Inquisitors, I have 9 more to kill and did not yet reach Verona where they usually are more common.

Btw, I recommend to everyone -althought it is not a quest - to kill the White Kraken. I did it on Level 7 without losses, and got 2 levels instantly, plus lots of gold. It is right in front of Master Lothar's sea-shack. On Hard, it had 2x980/1120 HP in the tentacles, and was summoning 35 Devilfish/14 Pirate Ghost every round (numbers increasing, sometimes two Devilfish stacks). Also, if you listen well to the barman in Scarlet Wind's tavern, you can guess Arianna is in league with the Kraken. After you kill the beast, visit her and ask about the Kraken, she will beg you not to tell anyone as her power would weaken if they knew they didn't have to fear from the Kraken returning. You get 2x Glot Armor (Distortion) spells, plus new items to buy.

blueshrike
09-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Quest number five is delivering Hephaestus's items to Arian, after Amelie tried to sell her soul to him (a practical girl). You need to have Officer's patent for this to work, because the patent is defiled after that..

Thanks Saiko, but do you know where to find Arian? I looked all over Shettera and could not locate him. Also, I'm not sure if you need to have the officer's patent for this to work. He mentions something about having stones and I think it may be just part of the quest script. My guess is that it's a bug but could be wrong.

Saiko Kila
09-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Thanks Saiko, but do you know where to find Arian? I looked all over Shettera and could not locate him. Also, I'm not sure if you need to have the officer's patent for this to work. He mentions something about having stones and I think it may be just part of the quest script. My guess is that it's a bug but could be wrong.

The stones are the Stones of the Gods, you need at least one I believe, but then I think most people would have two or three or even more when coming to Sheterra. The first one is given by Frederick at the very beginning.

Maybe there are other items which can fulfill the role of Officer's Patent, can't be sure. He needs something official, to write a contract on it.

Arian is located in a cage-like structure named House of Arian, which is next to the bridge on main Sheterra island.

blueshrike
09-28-2010, 12:08 AM
Saiko,
Thanks, I completely missed the cage. It could have done with a quest objective circle around it at least :).

Secondly, I've just confirmed your first observations - that an Officer's Patent is required for the turn in to Arian. He then "defiles" it and what you're left with is one that can be used with all the trophies you currently have, as always, but without the ability to earn more.

My opinion that last is a bug Katauri should fix since they are advertising this as another quest, and it does in a way break what you're intended to do afterward - save up more trophies for Demon upgrades.

It should either be that you are limited to demon upgrades only after signing it but can still earn trophies, or just provide the added bonus of demons when completing the quest as a reward, perhaps as Arian the only one who can upgrade them (if you really feel the need to be restrictive - people likely aren't going to use it if you are).

I'll update the OP now.

BB Shockwave
09-28-2010, 10:38 PM
I think I know what's the last quest - actually, it just lengthens an existing quest. On Debir when you get the contract for Demenion's spy, now you cannot battle him just by talking to him - he refuses your claims and you need to find proof. Go back to the fisherman for whom you did the Devilfish quest, and he will let you know he found the missing tax papers, as well as seen a suspicious fellow try to dump them in the sea. Confront the spy with this evidence, and he will attack you now.

onepiece
09-28-2010, 11:59 PM
BB Shockwave; The special skill for paladin is the holy armor, which sometimes reduce the damage a unit takes by 50%.

Thanks for telling me about the defiled patent XD. It's now useless since I have 0 trophies.

BB Shockwave
09-29-2010, 12:05 AM
Thanks - that skill sounds awesome!

I actually had to restart my Hard game with the Paladin - simply, I could not kite away the troops guarding the maps to Verona, and I could not beat any of those - or the remaining heroes and troops on the first 4 islands - without no loss. Darn "Lots of" Ancient and Polar Bears. I am now trying out the Fauns/Royal Thorns combo.