PDA

View Full Version : Wizards Tower Stage 4

raidri
09-26-2010, 12:40 PM
right now im in the wizards tower and play this little mini game.. stage 1-3 werent much of a problem, but in stage 4 im facing nearly 700 red dragons.. cant see how to beat it, maybe theres a trick behind that.. or its a bug?
beside that the caretaker in stage 4 showed out of combat a complete different army, so maybe one of you knows if thats intended or if that is a bug

EDIT: ok i got it. its intended ;)

Jaedar
09-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Buy a stack of peasants from the castle of Frederick, and win the battle in one round. :)

Personally, I found stage 2 and 5(I think, the one with fire) to be the most difficult.

Metathron
09-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Do these battles contribute towards the no loss medal?

How many levels altogether?

What's the reward?

Jaedar
09-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Do these battles contribute towards the no loss medal?

How many levels altogether?

What's the reward?

Yes, they do, but good luck winning them without losing any units as they're designed to be all in type deals(hence why you get free units that disappear afterwards).

There are like 8 levels all together or something...

You get 2 mind and 2 magic runes on the last level, and then you get access to a not very useful shop, as well as a magic item with the following stats:
+4 Atk Or +4 Def Or +4 Int Or +20 Rage Or +20 Mana or +1 Speed
Only one bonus at a time, and the item can be equipped in any slot.

The most useful 'reward' imo, is that you have access to free troops(and sometimes really good ones) which make it a lot easier to upgrade items. You can't bring them outside though.

BB Shockwave
09-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Not to mention free spells you can even take outside and sell for money... :)

Zechnophobe
09-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Yes, they do, but good luck winning them without losing any units as they're designed to be all in type deals(hence why you get free units that disappear afterwards).

There are like 8 levels all together or something...

You get 2 mind and 2 magic runes on the last level, and then you get access to a not very useful shop, as well as a magic item with the following stats:
+4 Atk Or +4 Def Or +4 Int Or +20 Rage Or +20 Mana or +1 Speed
Only one bonus at a time, and the item can be equipped in any slot.

The most useful 'reward' imo, is that you have access to free troops(and sometimes really good ones) which make it a lot easier to upgrade items. You can't bring them outside though.

The shop was pretty good, and the item at the end is one of the best in the game.

+1 Speed to all your troops IS HUGE. So is +20 rage. And being able to equip it to any slot means it fits into whatever build you want it.

Zhuangzi
09-29-2010, 05:16 AM
Haven't tried any of these fights yet, but is it possible to do without losses? Otherwise I'm going to have to skip it. :mad:

Mandea
09-29-2010, 08:18 AM
you don't lose your own units anyways.

Nike-it
09-29-2010, 08:23 AM
you don't lose your own units anyways.

And what about your own stack?

BluePhoenix
09-29-2010, 12:34 PM
As far as I remember, I took 2 Emerald Green Dragons inside the tower as chosen stack. After battle, 1 died. But when I came out, I had 2 Emerald Green Dragons again. So, I guess you don't even lose your own stack.

Would be nice if someone can verify it.

Nike-it
09-29-2010, 12:55 PM
As far as I remember, I took 2 Emerald Green Dragons inside the tower as chosen stack. After battle, 1 died. But when I came out, I had 2 Emerald Green Dragons again. So, I guess you don't even lose your own stack.

Would be nice if someone can verify it.

Just tried it again, you were right, you do not loose any unit after the fights. But don't know if these losses are counted in the final score.

Mandea
09-29-2010, 12:58 PM
And what about your own stack?

that's what I was talking about, your own stacks remains the same. I don't know the final score. But the tower is great for upgrading artefacts without losing troops.

Nike-it
09-29-2010, 01:01 PM
that's what I was talking about, your own stacks remains the same. I don't know the final score. But the tower is great for upgrading artefacts without losing troops.

Sounds like a small cheating:) Never thought the tower can be so useful.

Zechnophobe
09-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Sounds like a small cheating:) Never thought the tower can be so useful.

One thing to note: You will get the EXACT same units you started with before entering. This means that gaining units (sigh, I used a black dragon egg) will also get nullified.

BB Shockwave
09-30-2010, 05:15 AM
This sounds good - and yeah, the Caretaker tells you this before the first battle - but until I know whether this counts into the final score, I will not try it yet. And since the Paladin's Resurrection skill still counts into losses, I am thinking this counts too. Darn the latter bug - I always play no-loss, and of course, I could use Resurrection, and I would know the losses in the high score are not true... but what do I do, edit the pic before posting? :(

loreangelicus
09-30-2010, 12:28 PM
AFAIK if and end of battle summary screen shows a casualty on your side, then the final score would count it as a casualty; just like in KBTL and KBAP wherein losses to your temporary army in the initial training mission count as losses.

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Anyone completed this yet?