PDA

View Full Version : Would be nice to see some video tutorials

City Builder
09-26-2010, 08:14 AM
Hi,

It would be really great if you guys (developers, publishers, or other users that feel comfortable) could create some basic video tutorials.

Perhaps a tutorial that just goes through the basics of setting quests, and a tutorial that goes through setting up a map from A to Z (no fancy landscape worke needed), that shows the basics of what each map must contain for it to work in the game.

The editor guide is nice, however part of it reminds me of taking a college course with 'your assignment now is to do this', and a bit difficult to follow.

If there is already instructions in the editor guide that gives an outline of what is needed on each map to make it work then please point me to the pages and I'll have another read. Parts of the manual are so dry that I did have to only summarize over them instead of trying to read them completely since it wasn't at any step that I was at in my map.

I fully understand using the landscapes and how to make pretty looking landscapes, although it's a bit difficult in things like textures when I want to remove one and can't figure out what texture it was and have to go around choosing every similar texture in the texture window until I find the one I want to erase, but still a nice landscape system to use overall.

wizaerd
10-06-2010, 07:45 PM
I absolutely agree, 100%...

onepiece
10-08-2010, 03:30 AM
Agree. Most of the people don't know how to mod so if someone could make some basic videos (like the one they used to introduce it) would be very appreciated.

hotfix666
10-14-2010, 03:00 PM
I not good on english but you have a good guide in editor manual? :)

Nike-it
10-15-2010, 06:38 AM
I'll try to ask the devs about such video.

rancor26
10-15-2010, 07:05 AM
Agreed. I'd also like to have a video showing how to use textures without editor crashing...

Nike-it
10-15-2010, 07:34 AM
Agreed. I'd also like to have a video showing how to use textures without editor crashing...

Can you please describe the problem with textures in more details?

rancor26
10-15-2010, 10:28 AM
Can you please describe the problem with textures in more details?

The editor just freezes randomly when selecting some texture it might happen after using 2-3 different textures or it might happen after 10 but it has never happened to me when selecting the first texture, and after the editor freezes i have to use ctrl+alt+del and close the editor from the processes. Textures work just fine but for some reason when clicking on them on the texture menu causes the editor to freeze randomly like i said. I can't describe the problem better unless there's some software that allows to record desktop?

Sneaksie
10-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Let me guess, you have an ATI/AMD videocard?

rancor26
10-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Let me guess, you have an ATI/AMD videocard?

Yes i do. ATI Radeon HD 5870 to be precise (latest drivers)