PDA

View Full Version : Okay i got the editor textures... now what?

rancor26
09-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Can someone tell me how to actually use the textures i just downloaded from steam? pressing play game from steam doesnt work, changing directory at the start of the editor doesnt work because the change directory is somehow glitched... this is getting really annoying... WHY CANT SOMETHING JUST WORK, WHAT'S WITH ALL THIS? sorry if i'm kinda tired of getting through this in a calm way but the fact is i don't want to waste my time when trying to figure this out it should work when i've paid for it, downloaded it, installed it etc. but no apparently nothing wants to work as it's supposed to... i dont know if you can get this to work by copying the downloaded textures from steamapps/common/kings bounty armored princess to the default sourcemedia folder (yes because the change directory thing is glitched you cant change the directory) but this would mean i have to wait another 30 minutes of time copying ~5000 files to the default sourcemedia folder from the one steam created so i definitely do not want to do it if it doesnt work anyway... i've tried validating files etc. no success...

bladeking77
09-22-2010, 05:35 PM
I don't have the steam version, but here is how I think it should go:
It doesn't matter where you actually install the textures, because when you start the Editor it asks you to Chose the folder where you installed them. Once you picked the folder, you should have your Textures. If you already picked the destination, and want to change it, you can do so in it's .ini file.
Sorry if the information above is useless to you.

rancor26
09-22-2010, 05:40 PM
I don't have the steam version, but here is how I think it should go:
It doesn't matter where you actually install the textures, because when you start the Editor it asks you to Chose the folder where you installed them. Once you picked the folder, you should have your Textures. If you already picked the destination, and want to change it, you can do so in it's .ini file.
Sorry if the information above is useless to you.

Thank you for telling me about that ini.file setting destination folder to there worked. However i'm getting a lot of freezes when scrolling through that texture menu the editor just OFTEN freezes and i have to ctrl+alt+del to close it... i think the editor still needs a lot of tweaking from developers or is it just my computer?