PDA

View Full Version : Does your AP-OOTM game record a high-score when you finish the original game?

john_crapper
09-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Once I finish the AP part of the game, will I still see a highscore? Are the AP and OOTM runs awarded separate scores? Also does, Crossworlds render AP mods ineffective ?

DGDobrev
09-22-2010, 01:30 PM
1. Yes, you will see a high score.
2. The scores are separate for each campaign (AP, Defender, Champion, OOTM), but they fall in the same score sheet (which is kinda wrong in my opinion).
3. OOTM, which is a new campaign, provides a new level of AP. You can always play both of those if you wish.

john_crapper
09-22-2010, 01:46 PM
At first i thought that you play OOTM after you finish AP, but that doesnt seem to be the case. Does OOTM just add another continent and extra creatures? Because I thought it was an entirely different campaign altogether , for which you need to finish the original game first.

DGDobrev
09-22-2010, 01:50 PM
It adds a new area, new items, new units and a bunch of new things to consider. It looks like an extension to the AP campaign, but it has a different storyline and additional quests and such to solve. It will be interesting to follow it through.

john_crapper
09-22-2010, 01:53 PM
New storyline, you say, but isnt the ending the same as AP? From what i understand, "new storyline" extends only as far as the orcish affairs, and the bigger picture is still the original AP plot.

DGDobrev
09-22-2010, 02:04 PM
I think the ending should be the same because I get that feel, but I'd rather not take a wild guess. I'm still level 17 in OOTM, because I was fiddling a lot with champion of the arena campaign, trying it out with each character before I switch to any other.

I'm sure some guys who already played it through will have better insight :)

john_crapper
09-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Would you recommend that OOTM be first run in normal difficulty as to see and experiment with the new content, or do you think that it is similar enough for AP players to start an Impossible game?

DGDobrev
09-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Try normal :)

I did a quick power kiting run before I start the game on impossible. It works just fine, but it requires a lot of tactical thinking and proper map placement. Since I'm familiar with KBAP, I decided to get a quick start to experience everything without much hard time plights at start.

john_crapper
09-22-2010, 03:28 PM
What would "power" kiting run be? Loot/item kite every continent before you start fighting? That will hit you hard with the highscore, because of time. And i dont understand the last sentence. Because you are familiar with AP you currently play on normal or impossible?

Zechnophobe
09-22-2010, 06:10 PM
What would "power" kiting run be? Loot/item kite every continent before you start fighting? That will hit you hard with the highscore, because of time. And i dont understand the last sentence. Because you are familiar with AP you currently play on normal or impossible?

It means he didn't feel the need to challenge himself, and just wanted to breeze through finding new stuff to play with.

I've got to level 50 in OOTM on impossible, and I have to say it is somewhat easier than without the expansion, due to more consistent and good troops in the early game. You can get a sizeable droid/engineer/alchemist army before setting foot on verona.

DGDobrev
09-22-2010, 06:55 PM

I play impossible, using the power kite run - Debir - Scarlet - Verona - Elon - Sheterra - Debir. You get a few dragon eggs, at least 12 levels and a lot of cash. It takes only 2 days and will probably force to end the game at day 10-11 at most. IF you do well, it will take 7+2=9 days.

john_crapper
09-23-2010, 11:32 PM
I play impossible, using the power kite run - Debir - Scarlet - Verona - Elon - Sheterra - Debir. You get a few dragon eggs, at least 12 levels and a lot of cash. It takes only 2 days and will probably force to end the game at day 10-11 at most. IF you do well, it will take 7+2=9 days.

How so? Logic dictates that once you encounter level appropriate fights again ( which will be soon on impossible). Your progress will resume normally. You will get by easier for the first 2 islands, but you wont gain much XP and once you start meeting your own level groups, you will be left with the time loss. Although it will be easier to get certain medals, but still - medals do not contribute to a highscore