PDA

View Full Version : Most powerful damaging spells

bukimi
09-21-2010, 09:22 AM
I wonder which damaging spell I should max up.

Is Ice Snake the most powerful one?
I remember good effects of it in The Legend...
(and works well on demons and dragons)

I am not playing a paladin with resurrection so Armageddon does not seem a good idea.

There is also a new spell Death Star which deals astral damage but 50 mana is far too expensive to make it worth it, isn't it?

PS. I am playing mage, impossible. No kiting, losses acceptable ;)

DGDobrev
09-21-2010, 10:36 AM
For big armies (lots of stacks), Geyser does an outstanding work. Death Star is also worth it, if you manage to get the enemy troops to line up properly.

Combine those 2 spells with maxed mana accelerator, and you will own the place.

bukimi
09-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Geyser deals physical damage and there are units with quite high resistance.

If enemy groups in a way that 3 or more will be targeted with ice snake - will it be a better choice?

Death star never seemed to deal a lot of damage. I remember dealing silimar damage with other spells. Am I wrong?

DGDobrev
09-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Ice snake also deals physical damage, so it's all the same. Geyser can hit up to 8 targets with level 3 distortion, and it puts ice snake to shame. I personally doubt that all those targets will have more than 10% physical resistance. The best is 30% anyway, at least for enemy stacks.

What's good about death star is that its damage cannot be mitigated, since it's astral. Stock up heavy on intellect items and try it again. Death star is the best thing to use against dragons and the best things to use in battles where there are lots of enemy stacks (the battle with the Champion in Verona is such an example), as they are bound to line up properly for you.

This is why you need to have a good spell arsenal. Against very big stacks of high phys resistant units, use Flaming arrow and poison skull, as they will dwindle them down due to their post-effects. Against lots of stacks, use geyser. Against lots of stacks with good resistances, use death star. Keep a few defensive spells for your own troops and that would very much mean GG :)

For the last battle, get eviln, get black knights and baal will go down easily. No need for offensive spells there.

bukimi
09-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the tips, especially for the last battle.

I did not find geyser, armageddon, death star or evlin spell yet (until Verona) but there are many islands to explore :)