PDA

View Full Version : King's Bounty: Crossworlds Hotfix Available

ironfelix
09-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Dear fellow gamers,

please be sure to d/l the KB Crossworlds hotfix (http://www.1cfiles.com/Crossworlds/Crossworlds_1.0.0.1.exe),

it provides for the following:

- establishes correct loading of saves
- establishes numbering of saves in the same campaign
- fixes a crash after a defeat in the first battle in Defender of the Crown
- fixes a crash in the 'Find Weakness' skill

Enjoy!

Thanks for support!

Attention! The Steam version already has this hotfix included in the version of the game!
Everyone who got the Steam version before 15th September should right click on the Crosswolds in your game list in Steam client, choose Properties, then click the button called "Verify integrity of game cache". After that your game will be up-to-date.

joasoz
09-20-2010, 11:29 AM
And the obivous questions. Should I wait for a Gamersgate version of this? What happens if I download and install from your link? What about the DRM?

ironfelix
09-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Sorry I did not write about it. The hotfix works for all versions 'cept for the Steam one.

Matrixas
09-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Thanks!

DrAtomic1
09-21-2010, 04:54 AM
Respect for the quick patch work!

ckdamascus
09-21-2010, 05:11 PM
I have the impulse version, bought King's Bounty AP through impulse nearly last year.

Got crossworlds as an add-on, (which forced me to redownload and reinstall King's Bounty AP, since they use a different directory now).

I can't apply the hot-fix though. It says I don't have King's Bounty AP installed or something of that nature. :( I guess I have to wait for impulse to update it on their end.

As a side note, I've noticed a bug that occurs occasionally when I am fighting with orcs (I hate them... they are so overpowered to fight against now), where it says some script error and "abort/retry/ignore". I ignore it, and all seems well.

Does this hotfix patch that?

onepiece
09-21-2010, 05:51 PM
I also got that error saying "no version of King's Bounty Crossworld is installed". Even in the installation folder it says the same.

BB Shockwave
09-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Yep, same deal. I even copied the file into the KB AP directory.

stubbie
09-21-2010, 11:55 PM
I have the Impulse GotY version that I just bought.

Same problem here...the patch says I don't have Crossworlds installed???? :confused:

Aesir
09-22-2010, 02:47 AM
I don't have this game through Impulse, but I am a Stardock customer. Anyway, I ran into a Impulse post + work-around that seems to match the symptoms here. The issue described was that when installing the game, Impulse Client simultaneously downloads components from each game component. Which is bad - because I think the install between AP and CW shares the same folder (it does on Steam).

The work-around, if this is the source of the Impulse issue here, is to cancel the DL of CW until the AP download and install completes. Then, install Crossworld. It should then overwrite (update) the shared files.

See if that helps.

stubbie
09-22-2010, 03:09 AM
Thanks for the info Aesir.

But it doesn't help in my case.
I have the GotY edition.
AP and CW is all bundled together in one download.
There is no option to install separately. :(

DrAtomic1
09-22-2010, 04:34 AM
for the record, platinum edition of cw through yuplay and that patched fine.

Nike-it
09-22-2010, 06:46 AM
We will try to fix the problem with Impulse version ASAP. Any problems with other versions?

stubbie
09-22-2010, 10:35 AM
We will try to fix the problem with Impulse version ASAP.

Thanks very much for the feedback Nike-it. :grin:
I appreciate it.
I'll keep an eye on this thread. ;)

Specaz
09-22-2010, 07:39 PM
crash in the 'Find Weakness' skill ocured to me at the moment, yesterday it was all fine. I bought it throu steam.
Maybe its because my assasins list got too long?

Aesir
09-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the info Aesir.

But it doesn't help in my case.
I have the GotY edition.
AP and CW is all bundled together in one download.
There is no option to install separately. :(

I see that the work-around I referred to may not apply to you. However, this is the source of what I wrote, and perhaps some information in it may be helpful to you, even if you cannot follow the steps he describes exactly.

http://forums.impulsedriven.com/397044

there are a number of other posts/comments in the 1C subforum at Impulse. Perhaps some info there is of some assistance, as well as assistance to 1C and kautura to see what problems folks are experiencing there.

http://forums.impulsedriven.com/forum/674

stubbie
09-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks again Aesir but I had already tried that forum and even posted there.
The instructions in that thread don't apply to my version. :(

Oh and my mistake. I have the Impulse Platinum version, not the GotY one.
The Platinum version also includes Kings Bounty: The Legend.

Zhuangzi
09-23-2010, 12:28 AM
Okay, hotfix seems to have worked for me (Gamersgate version).

Only thing is, on the menu screen it still says ver 1.3 (build 6151). I believe this is the version of Armored Princess though? So how will we know if the patch worked?

stubbie
09-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Impulse have released the hotfix for their version. :)
Update the game via the Impulse client.

Nike-it
09-29-2010, 10:28 AM
crash in the 'Find Weakness' skill ocured to me at the moment, yesterday it was all fine. I bought it throu steam.

Please post the date when you bought the version.

Specaz
09-30-2010, 08:17 AM
ITEMS
12 Sep 2010 24,99€ Purchase
King's Bounty: AP + Crossworlds (Pre-Purchase)
Purchased for this account

First few days i could seen 'Find Weakness' bonuses fine. And next day its gone - crach whenever i try to look at it.

Sneaksie
09-30-2010, 08:20 AM
Make sure your version is up-to-date - right click on the Crosswolds in your game list in Steam client, choose Properties, then click the button called 'Validate disk cache' or something like that.

bugmenot
09-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Attention! The Steam version already has this hotfix included in the version of the game!

Thanks for the info, but the saves from AP still don't show up in Orcs save list. :(

I mean, they're supposed to show right? Or do i have to start another campaign? o_O

Urbz
09-30-2010, 05:29 PM
Still got the "find weakness" bug here.

Make sure your version is up-to-date - right click on the Crosswolds in your game list in Steam client, choose Properties, then click the button called 'Validate disk cache' or something like that.

Aha, it's verify integrity of game cache indeed. Have done this and it says 14 files failed to validate and will be reacquired.
But now the game is "currently unavailable to play, please try another time" ... :(
I just hope this means it hasn't been broken even more now and is just updating and will finally work properly when it's done. :/

Saiko Kila
09-30-2010, 06:27 PM
You may try to validate again. Steam games sometimes need that. The update works, though it may be worth noting, that it does only what they say (in original post), the common bug with wrong label and orcs is still present.

Urbz
09-30-2010, 07:22 PM
You may try to validate again. Steam games sometimes need that. The update works, though it may be worth noting, that it does only what they say (in original post), the common bug with wrong label and orcs is still present.

Cheers that worked and atleast the game works again, and thats really all that matters. Yet "find weakness" bug still persists, still crashes me and although it's nothing big ( unless you're as curious as me to check out the imba long list ;) ) it ought to be fixed by now right?

Jah
09-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the info, but the saves from AP still don't show up in Orcs save list. :(

I mean, they're supposed to show right? Or do i have to start another campaign? o_O

AP saves aren't compatible with Orcs, so yes, you need to start a new campaign.

Nike-it
10-01-2010, 06:50 AM
Cheers that worked and atleast the game works again, and thats really all that matters. Yet "find weakness" bug still persists, still crashes me and although it's nothing big ( unless you're as curious as me to check out the imba long list ;) ) it ought to be fixed by now right?

Well it should be fixed. Does the game crash every time you use this skill or only when you have a very long list?

Nike-it
10-01-2010, 06:53 AM

This bug will be fixed in the next patch.

Urbz
10-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Well it should be fixed. Does the game crash every time you use this skill or only when you have a very long list?

Just when you hover over the skill in the assassin's info screen, to check the list of enemies which receive more damage from assassins because of the skill.
It seems some patch ( the mid-september one? ) actually could have broken this. At least from some reports from others, Specaz as quoted below and Rhygadon on the steam forums who assumes the patch broke it. ( here http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1448063)
Including myself now i've thought it over, since it has actually worked fine before.
And/or...

I'm guessing this last assumption could be correct aswell actually.

terrypchan
10-02-2010, 03:12 AM
I would really appreciate if someone from 1C or Steam could actually verify that the hotfix has been applied and is available. I've done the "Verify game cache" many times in the last few days and I did see a 14 file, 1Gig download occur, but my Assassins stack definitely still has the "Find Weakness" bug that crashes right out of OOTM back to Windows7. I have an older game save that has 20 names in the troop list for Find Weakness, but now all my games newer than that game save, instantly crash out of OOTM whenever I mouse over the Find Weakness list in the Assassins stats picture. Steam/Valve is so annoying. I really regret buying the game from them and wish I had gone with GamersGate instead.

Does anyone know where the Find Weakness list is saved/stored? I would like to be able to view this information. Perhaps the KB game scanner has this information some where?

Specaz
10-03-2010, 07:15 AM
i think its because of too long list of bonuses.

i synched my game (it gives me 14 bad files, too), and loaded my game - its still craches whenever i hover over "find weakness" to look for bonuses.

Yet, i loaded my earlier save (luckily i had one), where assasins have no bonuses, i even tried to kill one with backstab and get one bonus, and i can hover over it perfectly.

So maybe its realy because of too long list?

Urbz
10-03-2010, 10:03 AM
i think its because of too long list of bonuses.

i synched my game (it gives me 14 bad files, too), and loaded my game - its still craches whenever i hover over "find weakness" to look for bonuses.

Yet, i loaded my earlier save (luckily i had one), where assasins have no bonuses, i even tried to kill one with backstab and get one bonus, and i can hover over it perfectly.

So maybe its realy because of too long list?

This must be it then. :!:

Nike-it
10-04-2010, 06:48 AM
Guys, we are trying to find out the reason of this bug and find the solution ASAP.
@Urbz: Check your Private Messages please.

bugmenot
10-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Guys, we are trying to find out the reason of this bug and find the solution ASAP.

Thank you :grin:

reluctantg
10-07-2010, 11:54 PM
I bought Crossworlds through Steam, and I've been playing the Orcs campaign for awhile, with Assassins in my army. I ran into the Find Weakness crash early on, but I kept playing and just avoided bringing up the information window for the Assassins.

Yesterday, Steam downloaded an update for Crossworlds, and, sure enough, mousing over Find Weakness did not cause a crash. The "current bonuses" list had been truncated to 4 or 5 entries, which seemed a cheesy way to fix the problem. As I continued playing, the list grew again, and when I got to more than 20 entries, the Find Weakness crash came back.

ckdamascus
10-08-2010, 12:37 AM
I bought Crossworlds through Steam, and I've been playing the Orcs campaign for awhile, with Assassins in my army. I ran into the Find Weakness crash early on, but I kept playing and just avoided bringing up the information window for the Assassins.

Yesterday, Steam downloaded an update for Crossworlds, and, sure enough, mousing over Find Weakness did not cause a crash. The "current bonuses" list had been truncated to 4 or 5 entries, which seemed a cheesy way to fix the problem. As I continued playing, the list grew again, and when I got to more than 20 entries, the Find Weakness crash came back.

Just throwing out a possibility here, but if you ever fight a battle without having those assassins in your reserve or in the army, you will lose all the bonuses.

So it is possible you never really had a fixed situation.

rolinbud
11-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Is there still no fix for the steam version? I still crash to desktop every time while mousing over find weakness. Same thing as everyone else, I have verified the game and had to replace the same 14 files but I still crash.

hotfix666
11-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Is there still no fix for the steam version? I still crash to desktop every time while mousing over find weakness. Same thing as everyone else, I have verified the game and had to replace the same 14 files but I still crash.

Them have not fix my game yeat :(

Shield
11-28-2010, 05:44 AM
@Urbz: Check your Private Messages please.

Any update on fixing this? I've held off playing the game until this is fixed as gaming time is reduced for now.

Thanks!

UnknownAir
02-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Does installing this affect any saves?