PDA

View Full Version : Please clear up my confusion regarding CW..

Ethien
09-20-2010, 06:32 AM
Before I make the purchase, I have been reading forums and the news aren't reassuring... :confused:

Seem that I have to re-play AP again to get new contents..

So my question is:

Does new campaign (new map or something) opens up when I finish AP ? or
There is no new map, just simply new CW is like a "Rebooted: AP"? "Enhanced AP" of some sort with no new map?

Just confused and wanted to understand it better before I make purchase :(

szenhidrat
09-20-2010, 07:10 AM
When you buy Crosswords you get 3 campaigns. One mini campaign and one with only boss fights. The third (Orcs) basicly 'replaces' the original Ap campaign (although you will still have acces to the original). So as you said it's basicly an Enhanced AP but only Orcs on the march but the other two are brand new(but don't expect them to be as long as AP). One more thing you have access to the new unit right after you get you pet dragon.
Considering new material. Do you remember robber from AP? Give him darker clothes and there you go a Witch hunter. Do you remeber the orcs? Repaint their skin a bit redder and there you go the new blood orcs. Do you remeber the high mage? Give him new clothes and you get the rune mage. Of course every one of these characters get new skills but don't expect to get totaly new monster models. Same model with reskin(like priest(blue) <-> inquisitor(red)).(but i did not met all the new monsters so there could be one or two new stuff too)
Can't tell you anything about the new spells because i haven't found any yet but there are a LOT of new items. About new skills. As far as i know every class get 1 new skills(in orcs camp). I play as a mage and it's new skill reduces the leadership req for every mage user(+ beholders !! :D).

Long story short. Am i satisfyed with this game? Yes. Would i rebuy it knowing the content? Yes.
Do i recommend it? Well if you are a huge fan and replayed AP and TL a few times i can recommend it BUT if you expcet a huge difference like The Legend vs. Armored Princess or did not like Ap you can skip it.

My english is crap but i hope you get what i mean.

Ethien
09-21-2010, 02:47 PM
@szenhidrat

Thank you for your time to explain! I understand your english :)

vmxa
09-22-2010, 03:12 AM
Here is how you it works. You start up Crossworlds and it now has a box with 4 items.
1- original AP
2- defenders of the crown
3- champion ( 2 and 3 may be reversed I forget)
4- Orcs on the March

You have to at least start Orcs on the march, before you can select 2 or 3.
I played Orcs till I landed on Reha, had taken the Champ and the Castle on Verona.

I was able to start the defenders of the crown. The two new campaigns I finsihed in the same day.

Most of the new spells are really just the Spirit abilities turned into scrolls like Black Hole from KBTL. Too many to really be used.

DGDobrev
09-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Weird. I started Champion of the arena right away without any problems. The only thing that the game requires when switching from campaign to campaign is a restart in order to load the appropriate session file.

Nike-it
09-22-2010, 07:56 AM
Here is how you it works. You start up Crossworlds and it now has a box with 4 items.
1- original AP
2- defenders of the crown
3- champion ( 2 and 3 may be reversed I forget)
4- Orcs on the March

You have to at least start Orcs on the march, before you can select 2 or 3.
I played Orcs till I landed on Reha, had taken the Champ and the Castle on Verona.

Where did you buy the game? Strange that you can't start any campaign right from the beginning.