PDA

View Full Version : Goblin Shaman 3 cast of astral and then attack?

vmxa
09-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Seems like a bit too much to me. Not only that, but they have a handful of abilities. Just a small stack was killing Cyclops with each cast. I think I have 23 defense.

So back to back to back astral stikes and then move and attack physically?

As an aside 1 orc shaman( rides musk ox) that was done to a tiny red health bar, killed a bunch of Cyclops?

BB Shockwave
09-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Their Astral attack is pretty weak on its own, but if they get high on adrenaline, it does do a huge damage.

vmxa
09-19-2010, 09:05 PM
If they can muster up 650 damage times 3 kills with adren, that seem crazy for a L3 monster. Its attack is 20 and my def was 28. Cyclops def is 95. Not sure how adren works, but that was their first attack in the battle.

IIRC they had around 23 units. Anyway it is the triple astral strikes that makes me mad. How are they able to do three cast and still move and attack?

I also wonder about other attacks I have seen. Just had a summoned stack of 20 Royal Snakes hit my archmages. I think they killed one, seemed fair.

Then the after effects of the poison killed 17? This is a def 60 unit with 150HP under a hero with def 28. In AP that poison would not have killed any mages.

My complaint is that it makes it hard to undestand cause and effect and to use proper tactics, when results make no sense, at least to me.

onepiece
09-20-2010, 01:52 AM
The astral strike hits 1, 2 and 3 times depending on the level of adrenaline (1, 2 and 3 respectively).
I'm not that sure but I think astral damage (at least on AP) doesn't take defense into consideration

ckdamascus
09-27-2010, 02:44 PM
It does not. Astral attack is an attack type, like magical, etc. Just like defense doesn't do anything against flame arrow or fireball. Resists are the only things that apply.

The only way to reasonably fight against the overpowered orcs is

1) do not feed them stacks (don't let any enemy orc kill your disposal summon stacks, or else they will jack up on adrenaline)
2) raise your astral defense via the ghost armor (+20% astral resist) and/or crown (+50% astral resist), and the crystal ball (+5% resist all) and/or leather armor (+5% resist all).

You can also try using magic shackle on them, or sheep, etc.

Disable, destroy, cripple, or resist.

BB Shockwave
09-28-2010, 06:24 AM
I think you only need to worry about Orc Blood Shamans (the title is wrong, it's not Goblins) if there are other stacks of Shaman in the group. Only Blood and regular Shaman increase the adrenaline level of other orc stacks when attacking. Killing a troop does not matter, even one spirit strike or ghost axe attack from a shaman raises the adrenaline level of other shaman, meaning they'll do more damage with this skill next time. But, that won't happen until 2-3 more turns, until which time you can disable or kill them.

Liger
09-28-2010, 08:51 AM
I agree, Goblin shamans with 3 x astral attack and normal attack is too much for 3lvl unit. As said before astral attack is not so powerfull in low stack but when there are lots of them, they can kill huge amount of units :mad:

And I think orcs are overall too powerfull now. Yes of course it good to have more challenge but how about balance between races?
Ex. Veteran orc...I personally havent used them but as enemy they were tough and their "counterattack" ability made them good tank when they come close. And what I have read form AP forums, many used them like tank and it worked very well. But now they can even avoid hits :mad:

So orcs have now super astral attacks, goblins can poison, tanks can avoid hits etc... but what other races have?
Ex. Humans have some crappy favorite enemy ability. Yeah it gives at least some bonus, but it is tricky to get good enemy unit to be "favorite enemy"
and it is against one unit, orcs can use universally their "super abilities" :mad:

And as I said, its good to have some challenge but its balance between races wich Im whining about :grin:

ckdamascus
09-28-2010, 12:30 PM
I think you only need to worry about Orc Blood Shamans (the title is wrong, it's not Goblins) if there are other stacks of Shaman in the group. Only Blood and regular Shaman increase the adrenaline level of other orc stacks when attacking. Killing a troop does not matter, even one spirit strike or ghost axe attack from a shaman raises the adrenaline level of other shaman, meaning they'll do more damage with this skill next time. But, that won't happen until 2-3 more turns, until which time you can disable or kill them.

It is all bad. All bad.

Either original orc Shaman and/or blood orc shaman give you default adrenaline. So a lot of my battles, they are already at adrenaline level 2 by the time we start.

Level 3 Goblin Shamans ARE just as bad. That said, Blood orc shaman are super bad too.

They can do the astral attack, and heaven forbid if you feed them a single summon unit to tank.

They can then do Power of the Horde which is proportional to the number of orc units they have.... (and possibly goblin too). Thankfully that is magical damage.

BB Shockwave
09-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Well, frankly I think regular Orc Shaman were very deadly in AP and The Legend too. I know, I used them. :) If I faced any, I tried to have them Magic Shackled, if more stacks, then all of them. They are as bad as Demonesses - if you meet those, magic shackles are a must, otherwise they will teleport your shooters into their midst.

ckdamascus
09-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Well, frankly I think regular Orc Shaman were very deadly in AP and The Legend too. I know, I used them. :) If I faced any, I tried to have them Magic Shackled, if more stacks, then all of them. They are as bad as Demonesses - if you meet those, magic shackles are a must, otherwise they will teleport your shooters into their midst.

Yup. Totally agreed. I hated seeing those dancing axes. Although, now with the magical cape and crown, most of my units achieve nearly 95% magic resistance, which makes the shaman far less scary.

You could say, the blood shaman are the new old shamans. :) I shackle those guys or make sure I have 75% astral resistance.

Oh yeah, those demonesses are super deadly. I usually shackle them, but since I use rune mages, they really aren't doing much by teleporting them back to the enemy lines anymore. They were a nightmare for my pure warrior range build back in AP.

What sucks is when you don't have enough leadership to shackle that huge stack... poo. :(

I'd have to say though, magic shackles is up there in the "must use/must have" spell.

I use it a lot against those stupid goblin shamans.