PDA

View Full Version : expansion=restarting the original campaign?

mysterecho
09-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Hi,
i played KBAP 3 months ago and i finished it in 2 weeks. it was a very good, fluent, long game and id really really enjoyed it.
since its called "the expansion" im playing Crossworlds too. i want to play Orcs on the March because it has a lots of new stuff and also says a massive expansion(not a mod) of the original game world. but KBAP chars cant be imported to the expansion and i think restarting the original campaign isnt such a good idea for who had finished KBAP already. i searched about it on the forum and they says importing the KBAP char to Crossworld is impossible just because of the new skills and it sounds ridiculous to me. Before uninstalling the game i want to know that there is gonna be any possibility that 1c games releasing a patch for fix this problem?

Regards

DGDobrev
09-19-2010, 02:42 PM
It seems that everyone wants to cut their time short and simply explore the new things with a pre-made character and be done with it.

NO, this cannot be done. You will need to play the campaign again, see the new stuff, explore the new areas and use the new skills. KBAP chars cannot be imported due to the additional content and due to the skill changes. They are simply incompatible.

Think of it as Heroes 3 and Heroes 3 armageddon's blade and the other expansions. You couldn't start a Heroes 3 extra large map, play it for 5 days, get the expansion and simply transfer the map to the expansion and the new content, could you? Still, heroes 3 was branded as the best title in the heroes series - and this title still stands.

Smash
11-12-2010, 12:14 AM
You can transfer the map in editor in homm3.

ckdamascus
11-12-2010, 01:11 AM
It seems that everyone wants to cut their time short and simply explore the new things with a pre-made character and be done with it.

NO, this cannot be done. You will need to play the campaign again, see the new stuff, explore the new areas and use the new skills. KBAP chars cannot be imported due to the additional content and due to the skill changes. They are simply incompatible.

Think of it as Heroes 3 and Heroes 3 armageddon's blade and the other expansions. You couldn't start a Heroes 3 extra large map, play it for 5 days, get the expansion and simply transfer the map to the expansion and the new content, could you? Still, heroes 3 was branded as the best title in the heroes series - and this title still stands.

To be honest, it is better to start over anyway. You can't really benefit from the changes if you are already through most of the game.

I do see why people are a bit confused though, as I too thought it was going to be like 5 new continents.

I can't believe I am playing this game so many times over... I thought the nightmare was over months ago. Evil 1C... evil 1c.....

DGDobrev
11-12-2010, 02:46 AM
You can transfer the map in editor in homm3.

You can, but you can't play a map for say, 2 game months, save it, get the expansion and slap the new features in the existing save. Granted, you can take the basic map, edit it with the new features but you can't put those new features in the save you previously made without hex editing and such, can you?