PDA

View Full Version : Slight Bug with Magic Academy in Debir

BB Shockwave
09-19-2010, 01:11 AM
It's not fatal, just took me a while to figure out. As there is now a new topic you can discuss with Rector Leicester (about the floating tower), there are more topics to choose from.

Problem is, when I accepted the Fish License quest, and went back to the academy, I saw only two lines of dialogue part from "Goodbye":

-"I'was wondering if you had some work for me" - Oddly, this brings me to the trading screen.

- "I'd like to trade" - and THIS continues the fish license quest. Just so that you know.

onepiece
09-19-2010, 01:18 AM
Yes, happened to me too. And after you complete that quest the trade option still says "I'was wondering if you had some work for me".
The forum should have an offical Bug list so we can see how much does the guys at Katauri can fix up. (Not saying they can't but how much they WILL fix)

welcome
09-19-2010, 07:50 AM
That building used to give the beast of the abyess (sp?) quest. The beast is the red ballisk, I don't know if that's what it's called but it's a shooter, red with a big eye and tenicals (sp?). The beast is on debir, the first island.

Has anyone got that quest yet? And if so, who gave it to you?

Urbz
09-19-2010, 08:11 AM
I've noticed this small text mix up aswell, not gamebreaking though gladly.

That building used to give the beast of the abyess (sp?) quest. The beast is the red ballisk, I don't know if that's what it's called but it's a shooter, red with a big eye and tenicals (sp?). The beast is on debir, the first island.

I've got the quest but am not quite sure exactly which building gave it but i'm fairly sure it's one of the other ones near the mage tower.

BB Shockwave
09-19-2010, 09:13 AM

The Rector gives you that quest from the Magic Academy. When you first talk to him, choose the second line - "Do you have any jobs for me?" - He will give you the "Beast from the Abyss" quest. Sadly, in my new game, the dear Eye Tyrant spawned in the small beach part only accessible by sea, right in front of a navigational map chart... :(

welcome
09-19-2010, 09:31 AM
I've noticed this small text mix up aswell, not gamebreaking though gladly.

I've got the quest but am not quite sure exactly which building gave it but i'm fairly sure it's one of the other ones near the mage tower.

I found it. It's still given by the mage tower, I clicked one of the lines that said I was leaving and I got the quest.

When I couldn't find the quest I went to the scarlett (I think it's called that) and bolo islands. I went back after making this post and found the quest.

welcome
09-19-2010, 09:50 AM
The Rector gives you that quest from the Magic Academy. When you first talk to him, choose the second line - "Do you have any jobs for me?" - He will give you the "Beast from the Abyss" quest. Sadly, in my new game, the dear Eye Tyrant spawned in the small beach part only accessible by sea, right in front of a navigational map chart... :(

Your game was kinder to you than mine was to me. :)

I had the new mages spawn with a lethal army after the fish quest going down towards the snake quest house guarding the scarelett navigational map. Also between the fish quest and the castle a lethal army spawned. So I had to use the ship to get and complete the fish quest and get my free runes from the teacher on debir.

onepiece
09-19-2010, 04:46 PM
It's my idea or in this game the charts are not heavily guarded or even unguarded? I've got the map for the first 4 islands and I haven't fought a single battle to get any and didn't need to kite since there were no guardians.

Saiko Kila
09-19-2010, 05:08 PM
It's my idea or in this game the charts are not heavily guarded or even unguarded? I've got the map for the first 4 islands and I haven't fought a single battle to get any and didn't need to kite since there were no guardians.

I had this only with first two islands. For Verona (third one) I had to battle fiercely in exactly the same spot as it was in KBAP, and couldn't kite. I could kite second one, but that had Wanderer Scroll for me. After that, all maps I encountered were guarded by "invincible" detachments.