PDA

View Full Version : Impossible Pally, no losses

pentagrammaa
09-18-2010, 03:12 PM
This is for Defender of the Crown

I'm just starting an Impossible Pally run. I'm a veteran of both Legends and AP.

The first 3 fights can be done with no losses, since I just did it... : )

I was extremely lucky to start with both guard droids and repair droids, though. 3 levels of glory, points in defense as much as possible, and a lot of mana accelerator + lightning. The second fight in particular was tricky; placing the egg right in front of the barrier allows it enough protection to hatch twice. In the last two fights I left a few worms up so I could have time to regenerate. The tricky thing of course is making sure none of the droid stacks vaporize.

In the last fight I broke the droids into two stacks and picked up a cyclops for absorbing damage.

I have also made it through the first undead fight. Maxed out holy anger (think that's what it's called, the undead talent). The next one is quite tough, haven't managed it yet...damn that black dragon!:evil:

pentagrammaa
09-18-2010, 10:47 PM
Finished the black dragon fight with no losses (the next to last fight). Finding a spot for the mystic egg (right next to the archers) was key for me. My guys just didn't do enough damage.

Took many tries, though. Lineup was guard droids in one stack, repair droids in two stacks, inquisitors and cyclops.

After taking a couple of stabs at the final fight, it looks gruesome. Haven't figured that out at all yet.

Zhuangzi
09-18-2010, 11:49 PM
Well done - there's always a way to do no losses if you are clever and persistent. I'm sure you'll finish it off and then I'll have a try. :)

EDIT: how did you keep the Inqui's alive in that last fight?

pentagrammaa
09-19-2010, 05:23 PM
For the inquisitors, I guess I got lucky; I think I used time back twice; maybe 3 times. Fortunately they are only level 3, so it only requires level 1 of that spell.

I couldn't find a way to keep everyone alive for the last fight. Hard with no sacrifice, no resurrection spells. In fact, it took my about 10 tries before I even won the battle. Those geysers are devastating. I think it would be doable if there were a way to neutralize the spellcaster; he sometimes casts hypnotize--maybe a unit to distract him?

Finally finished it, though, with LOTS of losses. My strategy mostly focused on archmages with shield and divine armor. And a lot of dragon dive supplying the damage. Other units were again my droids, cyclops and inquisitors. Pretty ugly, actually. I'm sure there are better ways and look forward to reading about them.

Score: 694