PDA

View Full Version : steam never again

catku
09-18-2010, 01:52 PM
5 hours last night 3 hours this morning,all I get is error,server busy.Is this happening to other people?:evil:

rancor26
09-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Weird, i've never had that problem on steam. You should try to contact steam support or something (if steam has one lol)

Aesir
09-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Steam support and 1C need to sort this out.

Steam needs the ok from 1C to set up the separate subfolder in ..\steamapps for both AP and CW to fix this problem.

You have an issue as well - but haven't noticed it either because you haven't noticed it (the game launches, the data is wrong) or because you haven't tried to run or verify the game cache files for AP since installing crossworlds.

If you try to, you will reacquire a number of game files I've documented elsewhere (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=182440&postcount=11).

megakill
09-18-2010, 05:35 PM
We will test everything ourselves on Monday, as we have notified Steam about various problems and not all was fixed. None of the other portals have any issues. I guess that all the problems are connected to the issue of early unlock of the game and then Steam mixing various files...

Aesir
09-18-2010, 05:54 PM
We will test everything ourselves on Monday, as we have notified Steam about various problems and not all was fixed. None of the other portals have any issues. I guess that all the problems are connected to the issue of early unlock of the game and then Steam mixing various files...

Thank you for the update. I'm going to be linking your response to the steam community forum as some issues are also reported there related to the shared folder structure between AP and CW.

If you can, please tell us if the plan going forward involves setting up a separate

..\steamapps\common\kings bounty crossworld
folder, or if you plan on setting up Crossworld as if it were steam DLC?

I ask because this distinction is important for mod and save game compatibility, for those that still have assets tied to Armored Princess. (I hope you go the separate folder route!)

megakill
09-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Thank you for the update. I'm going to be linking your response to the steam community forum as some issues are also reported there related to the shared folder structure between AP and CW.

If you can, please tell us if the plan going forward involves setting up a separate

..\steamapps\common\kings bounty crossworld
folder, or if you plan on setting up Crossworld as if it were steam DLC?

I ask because this distinction is important for mod and save game compatibility, for those that still have assets tied to Armored Princess. (I hope you go the separate folder route!)

Well, my problem is that I do not have technical background to properly answer, I just like the game mylsef and trying to help. All I can promise is that I will have several people both in 1C and Katauri looking into Steam issues so hopefully by Monday night all will be fixed.

Mandea
09-19-2010, 02:59 PM
steam sucks big time. first they launched a good game too soon. now, the game doesn't start. Stack functions error. No matter what I do it doesn't work? so what I am supposed to do????
I will play the game (although I paid for it) downloading off a torent and play it till steam repairs it. Wonderful steam. They should ask themselves out and resign.

ShadowTek
01-27-2011, 01:29 AM
Strange, as I have the steam version of crossworlds and have no problem with anything, everything works fine, mods, the game etc

Mandea
01-27-2011, 06:40 AM
There is nothing strange, the topic is very old, the problems have been sorted out already and that's why you didn't encounter any.

Renevent
02-02-2011, 06:29 PM
I purchased the game on release and had no issues...not saying you didn't but that's the world of PC computing for you.

Nareim
06-18-2011, 07:09 PM
I didn't know this used STEAM, if I did I would not have paid money for it. I wanted to get (and looked forward to getting) DN:F but found out it uses STEAM, I won't buy it, I've been burned before when buying STEAM engine crap. I bought STEAM games before, upgraded my system only to be told when I tried to install on the new system it's been installed already or it can only be reinstalled on the original system. This is just plain robbery. I email the game company and STEAM only to be told the only way to correct the problem was to buy the game again, NOT IN THIS LIFETIME sonny. In fact I still have a new, unopened, store bought version of COD:MW2 sitting here in the shrink wrap. I bought it before I started getting screwed by STEAM and I tossed the receipt so I can't bring it back. Now I make sure to wear my reading glasses if I go buy a game and if I see STEAM is involved I won't buy it. They punish the paying public with their methods and the sad thing is, their games still get hacked I bet, that's what hackers do, they love the challenge, but the ones paying for the games get riemed out in the process.

Yes, STEAM does SUCK!!!!

joasoz
07-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Buy it on Gamersgate, no need for Steam for this game.