PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Digital Copy

Mythrignoc
09-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Just a dumb quick question to everyone. I really hate steam and the program it uses that forces you to use it to open up a game. I tried one game from steam and I'll never be using steam again just because of that god awful program that spams your game while you play it.

I'm wondering what the other download sites are like (direct2drive, gamersgate, impulse, etc). I couldn't care less about an activation code, it's really not a big deal to me to take a few moments, punch in a few numbers and activate the damn thing permanently.

Any of the other D2D sites that act like you're basically just downloading the DVD of the game?

Zhuangzi
09-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Always use Gamersgate. Nothing wrong with them, and none of the tricks that Steam and Direct2Drive play.

megakill
09-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Just a dumb quick question to everyone. I really hate steam and the program it uses that forces you to use it to open up a game. I tried one game from steam and I'll never be using steam again just because of that god awful program that spams your game while you play it.

I'm wondering what the other download sites are like (direct2drive, gamersgate, impulse, etc). I couldn't care less about an activation code, it's really not a big deal to me to take a few moments, punch in a few numbers and activate the damn thing permanently.

Any of the other D2D sites that act like you're basically just downloading the DVD of the game?

You can buy the game here at 1cpublishing shop, just click the shop button on the main site.

stubbie
09-19-2010, 05:18 AM
I bought the Impulse version........and it didn't ask for any activation after it installed. :confused:

Liger
09-19-2010, 06:46 AM
I bought the Impulse version........and it didn't ask for any activation after it installed. :confused:

I also bougth from Impulse and it asks activation when you first time play game, at least for me. Btw I am happy with Impulse, never had any problems with it. ;)

stubbie
09-26-2010, 12:24 PM
I guess I was just lucky. :confused:
I bought the Platinum edition and I didn't have to activate either The Legend or the Crossworlds game. I'm not complaining but it seems very curious that's all. :)

And I always prefer Impulse over Steam.....and they released their version of the hotfix just a couple of days after 1C released theirs......unlike the poor suffering Steam users. :(

Voxfox
09-26-2010, 02:36 PM
I use Gamersgate as much as I can and have had no problems ever with them.
Steam is a different matter completely.....ergh!!

fld88
09-28-2010, 11:17 PM
I find Direct2Drive to be an excellent service.

Elwin
10-02-2010, 04:35 PM
I kinda feel that official shop is safe place to buy.
Finally i bought a copy of CW today ;D so downloading and i am coming back to KB :D