PDA

View Full Version : huh? Haven't I seen this before?

Buliwyf
09-18-2010, 03:48 AM
So I got Crossroads and launched the Orcs on the March game, but this is showing me the beginning of Armoured Princess. Is that right? I have to play the whole of that game again? Not that it was bad but it's kind of long and I was looking forward to playing the new stuff..

I have the Steam edition of the game.

Buliwyf
09-18-2010, 04:08 AM
Also, since i can;t play that, I figured i'd have a play with the editor... where is it? It doesn't appear at all in the Steam "Tools" section where other game editors go and there doesn't seem to be an option to launch it from within Armoured Princess..

Soooooo, any ideas.. anyone?

Puce Moose
09-18-2010, 04:10 AM
I believe it starts identically to Armored Princess; take a look near the boat dock after the intro and you should find an orc who will kick-start the new content.

City Builder
09-18-2010, 04:37 AM
The editor appears in the installation folder of the game and is named editor.exe but without the extra texture package not too much use, unless you're one of the people that can build maps and just imagine the ground textures and place everything else without them and come back later when we have the ground textures to place them.

I'm not one of those people, I need to build from the ground up, including the ground textures before I go placing things like trees, shrubs etc.

Buliwyf
09-18-2010, 04:47 AM
Seems I have to do some messing about just to get the map location available. It's not a big issue but a bit of a pain.

Thanks for the tip for the editor, I guess I won't be playing with that for a while until it gets fixed.

City Builder
09-18-2010, 04:57 AM
If you've got the steam version, then set both Princess and Crossworlds so that they don't auto update in steam, then validate crossworlds once more, and you shouldn't have to mess around with any map locations.

If when you start the game you don't see the list of the 4 campaigns on the left half of the main menu, then your game has validated back to Princess and will not be playing crossworlds. So just do as I said (assuming steam) and you should be able to play crossworlds and the campaigns in it.

It's hard to miss when you choose a valid campaign in crossworlds as the main menu will change colors, like for the orc campaign the whole interface on the main menu turns green and the princess image is replaced by orcs.

Buliwyf
09-18-2010, 12:17 PM
I've had no problems at all with it loading crossworlds. I've already finished arena (very good) and the defender of the crown (dissapointingly short) and just have the orc thing left.

brettjv
09-18-2010, 07:56 PM
So I got Crossroads and launched the Orcs on the March game, but this is showing me the beginning of Armoured Princess. Is that right? I have to play the whole of that game again? Not that it was bad but it's kind of long and I was looking forward to playing the new stuff..

I have the Steam edition of the game.

I'm in the same boat, only I was (i guess) about 1/3 into AP ... now that CW is unlocked I discover I have to start over again in order to get the OotM content?!?

So now I'm stuck ... I don't wanna play AP anymore, nor do I want to start all over again to play OotM. So, $30 basically down the drain. This is total garbage. I've never seen an add-on expansion pack do something like this.

I'm so unbelievably irritated right now, and I swear if this doesn't get fixed, and soon, I'll never buy another 1C game as long as I live.

DGDobrev
09-18-2010, 08:05 PM
Yes, you all need to start a new game. OOTM has more content than AP, and one could easily guess that the saves will not be compatible - if not because of the items and the new areas, then because of the new skills. I personally like them - they take out a few less used skills by players and add a few that are much more useful. It would be improper to pay less runes for a skill in KBAP and get an overpowered one that costs more in OOTM, don't you think?