PDA

View Full Version : Am I playing the same campaign?

City Builder
09-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Hello,

Update: / Validating the files *AGAIN!* has now found 28 files that have failed validation. Come on, this is like the 3rd time that I've had to validate the files only to find files that fail. What the hell is going on? This is the 2ND time that it's needed to download ONE GB of data to fix validation errors. Could this possibly be because KBAP and KBCR share the same installation directories? So validating and fixing AP, then DEValidates KBCR and visa versa? None of my other Steam games are having issues with files failing validation, only King's Bounty both AP and the new Crossworlds. /

After first installing KBAP and KBCR, there was a very large banner window on the left side of the main menu with the campaign list, and I chose the Orc campaign.

When I entered the world and when to the new lands (going through the black portal) and getting my dragon I went down to the docks where the ship is and was greeted by an Orc asking me for help.

I then saved and exited the game, and exited Steam. When I reloaded steam it downloaded 1GB more of data for KBAP.

I just now went into the game and what was originally there on the left side of the screen with the list of campaigns is now gone, but there is a small box on the bottom right side of the screen that allows me to choose a campaign.

So, I chose the Orc campaign and got started again. However, after getting my dragon and going down to the docks, that ORC that was there the first time with a quest for me is no longer there.

Is this normal for KB? Or even though the little box in the bottom right corner of the main menu lists the Orc campaign, maybe I'm just playing the original game without the orc campaign?

Thanks if you can help. Need clarification or more info, please ask to help me figure this out.
Oh and the main menu doesn't seem to make any mention of 'Crossworlds' anywhere on it. This seems very strange to me, one would think they'd change the main menu to let the player know that they're playing the expansion and not the original game.

Much appreciated.

Aesir
09-18-2010, 03:17 AM
Could this possibly be because KBAP and KBCR share the same installation directories?
That's exactly the cause.

I'd like to think they're going to patch the install and make this game function like other steam games with expansion packs.

Which would require one more download of the game - unless a given user is savvy enough to know to just copy the ..\steamapps\kings bounty armored princess\*.* files to the as yet not created ..\steamapps\kings bounty crossworlds (or whatever they name it) folder to save on the re-download. Most people will probably just logon one day and see they have to download the game again, and that's fine too.