PDA

View Full Version : Arthur's Quest

ckdamascus
09-17-2010, 08:25 PM
I can't quite figure out how to get started as an Impossible Warrior.

Seems like you can spend your money, then get some of it revived by the first guy, but only one time.

Is the first battle, the contract battle (fighting the level 12 assassin guy)?

I can't quite wrap my head around the flow otherwise.

Also, it seems like you will never get a pet in this one, so the only purpose is calm rage for mana?

Jaedar
09-17-2010, 09:34 PM
The first battle is fighting the turtle, but you need to buy an army before they let you fight.

Personally, I got stuck after that(assassin guy slaughtered my Hard Mage, and I just barely failed at killing the second boss twice)

ckdamascus
09-18-2010, 12:03 AM
I had to "die" to get into the undead 'guild'. Those units were very useful and let me kill the first contract, then I killed the boss.

It's been somewhat smooth sailing. Forget about 'no-losses', but I can't seem to find any other scrolls now. e.g. no one sells stone skin and I used my first two up in battle! Doh.

I'm actually doing somewhat ok in Impossible Warrior so far but using the evil undead. :)

No one likes me now though. Sniffles.

[edit]
Just beat the game, I didn't even finish the rest of the contracts because I was starting to run out of key units.

Used Undead Army
- vampire
- ancient vampire
- bone dragon
- black knights (woot!)
- cyclops

Scored around 1033.... but if I finished the rest of it, could have probably gotten a little higher.

pentagrammaa
09-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Hey,

I'm just starting an Impossible Pally run. I'm a veteran of both Legends and AP.

The first 3 fights can be done with no losses, since I just did it... : )

I was extremely lucky to start with both guard droids and repair droids, though. 3 levels of glory, points in defense as much as possible, and a lot of mana accelerator + lightning. The second fight in particular was tricky; placing the egg right in front of the barrier allows it enough protection to hatch twice. In the last two fights I left a few worms up so I could have time to regenerate. The tricky thing of course is making sure none of the droid stacks vaporize.

In the last fight I broke the droids into two stacks and picked up a cyclops for absorbing damage.

Haven't done any other fights; just thought I'd post this for those that wanted to try it.

Jaedar
09-18-2010, 04:09 PM
I can't manage to defeat the champion. :(

Edit: Actually I did it now. Skeleton archers saved me :)