PDA

View Full Version : Is the editor included in the steam download?

City Builder
09-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Hi,

Is the editor included in the steam download? Or must we download it from somewhere else?

Many of my Steam games have the editors or servers listed on the Tools page in the steam client, but it doesn't list King's Bounty Crossworld Editor in there and it'll be at least another hour or 6 before Steam client gets around to installing the game for me since Im having to reinstall all my steam games due to steam client boffo'ing up on my hdd.

So... Is it? Does it come as part of the steam download in teh 4,198.3MB steam file?

rancor26
09-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Editor comes with the game BUT you do not get textures to use in editor with the game... there should be around 10gb download in the tools menu for editor textures on steam but apparently there isn't so does the steam fail more or is there another way to get the textures?

City Builder
09-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Indeed, this does seem to be a problem, there are no textures listed in the landscape paintbrush texture picker window.

Mrzafka
09-17-2010, 08:54 PM
I've read in other thread that there's indeed a problem with the textures for the editor in Steam edition. They're working on it, but I guess it might take some time given the weekend...

City Builder
09-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Hmmm, that is indeed a bummer. Bought it to give me something to do this weekend while waiting for Civilization 5 to unlock. I'm not really that much into the game but I love to create my own maps, campaigns etc.

Guess I'm back to not having anything to do this weekend and being bored again, plus $19.99

Bummer.

I've yet to see a new game release (digitally) and buy it on day 1 and have everything go right, dont' see why this company should be any different really.

Buliwyf
09-18-2010, 04:11 AM
I don't even see the editor program, let alone any textures.... :/

City Builder
09-18-2010, 04:35 AM
The editor is in the installation folder of the game, it's oddly enough named editor.exe

Sneaksie
09-20-2010, 11:44 AM
To install the required textures in Steam version, use the option 'Install editor tools' in Steam client. We'll post innstructions in Steam forum in case someone still has problems.

City Builder
09-20-2010, 12:22 PM
To install the required textures in Steam version, use the option 'Install editor tools' in Steam client. We'll post innstructions in Steam forum in case someone still has problems.

Where is this option in the Steam Client, I just looked but don't see anything like that.

Sneaksie
09-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Try to right-click on the game name in Steam library list.

rancor26
09-20-2010, 12:40 PM

I cant find it either. Am i doing something wrong here? Here's a pic:

http://i52.tinypic.com/dpa4g4.jpg

Also as you can see the AP isn't installed to my computer but propably if i try to update it, it will break the Crossworlds installation so i'm scared to continue the updating because everything works fine now anyway.

City Builder
09-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Not seeing it in the right click menu, nor anything on the tools page of the steam client.
Oh and I restarted Steam Client just to make sure it didn't need to be restarted for it to show up.

Dwagginz
09-20-2010, 09:16 PM
I don't see it, either.

Aesir
09-20-2010, 09:54 PM

Not there.

Also as you can see the AP isn't installed to my computer but propably if i try to update it, it will break the Crossworlds installation so i'm scared to continue the updating because everything works fine now anyway.

I received an email from Steam Support saying it was fixed today.

The fix was to eliminate AP. Whether you launch AP or CW, you get the same game now (CW).

Now they just need to remove the extraneous and misleading Armored Princess game in the library, and stop overwriting the AP manual.

rancor26
09-21-2010, 06:01 AM
I wonder is this editor issue even on their schedule? It shouldn't take more than like 5 minutes for them to add the editor textures on their database... I don't know if 1C has something to do with it or is it just Steam laziness.

City Builder
09-21-2010, 06:49 AM
I've started to wonder the same thing myself.

Sneaksie
09-21-2010, 06:51 AM
You can install it from here:

City Builder
09-21-2010, 06:58 AM
Sorry, but I've restarted Steam just now, and it's still not listed in the Tool section.

rancor26
09-21-2010, 06:59 AM
You can install it from here:

I don't have that option on my tools menu :confused::

http://i52.tinypic.com/2hqxbia.jpg

and i did try to restart steam many times.

City Builder
09-21-2010, 07:05 AM
I've also revalidated Crossworlds and while it does always find 1 file that fails validation it doesn't add that option to the tools menu or to the right click menu.

I have to wonder why you can see that and we can't other than perhaps permissions are not set properly and maybe it only goes out to the developers or publishers of crossworlds maybe. Or something else entirely I suppose. All I know for certain is that it's not showing up on our steam clients at the moment.

Dwagginz
09-21-2010, 07:49 AM
I had that in my Tool list before Steam re-locked the game.

I loaded Steam up a few moments ago and nothing :(

Janys
09-21-2010, 08:03 AM
Dear users, we apologize for the trouble! We have already reported this issue to Valve / Steam and hopefully there will be a fix tonight.

Janys
09-21-2010, 04:45 PM
This issue should be fixed right now. Please try restarting your steam client and you should find the editor in Tools section.

rancor26
09-21-2010, 04:50 PM
This issue should be fixed right now. Please try restarting your steam client and you should find the editor in Tools section.

Thank you, it's now there. For some reason it started downloading at 15% even though it had downloaded 0 megabytes when i started ^^

City Builder
09-21-2010, 06:14 PM
Yes thank you, it's downloading the 11GB editor files now.

Dwagginz
09-21-2010, 06:43 PM
It's showing up now! Thanks :)