PDA

View Full Version : Downloaded and installed platinum edition via Yuplay

DrAtomic1
09-14-2010, 11:02 PM
But it wont let me get past an activation screen asking for a serial... A serial that wasnt provided... What's up with that???

Also does anyone know if I can import my savegame from the KB Legends demo and continue playing that?

Cheers,
Doc

DrAtomic1
09-15-2010, 01:54 AM
Ok, got Legends up and running (had to do an install with a different setup to get that going), save files dont seem to be compatible. So restarted. Wierd that the installer doesnt install all 3 or at least offers you an option which one you'd like to install.

No sign of armored princess though... Or would crossworlds and armored princess be one and the same with armored princess being a campaign inside crossworlds?

ironfelix
09-15-2010, 05:36 AM
First of all thanks for buying the platinum edition.
The Crossworlds in this edition contains the original Armored Princess and Orcs on the March , which is the expanded AP and i'd recommend it to play.

Sneaksie
09-15-2010, 05:53 AM
Have you found this serial number you mentioned?

DrAtomic1
09-15-2010, 05:42 PM
@ironfelix, all thanks go to yourselves for making an extremly fun game (havent even seen anything beyond KB Legends either). Thanks for clarifying that AP is integrated in Crossworlds itself.

@Sneaksie, nope no activation key as of yet working on it with yuplay support (they say it should be visible in 'my purchases' section but it simply isnt. As I understand it when the key does turn up it wont be able to be used untill the 17th. Big part of my frustration comes from not having the information and serial visible in my purchases with yuplay i guess). Anyway I've send them a screenshot which should help get that resorted, I wont be playing it untill i've completed legends anyway.

DrAtomic1
09-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Also turns out the Legends version included is version 1.64 build 34,387, anyway to patch that to the latest version and which patch should be used for it?

Sneaksie
09-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Try this one.

Edit: Link removed, wrong patch.

DrAtomic1
09-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Hi Sneaksy,

Sadly that breaks the installation... lol
The patch installs fine (saying patched installed succesfully) but then when I try to start up KB The Legend it says:

Steam Error
Application load error 5:0000065434

(note the platinum edition comes from the 1C shop at Yuplay).

I figured I may needed to run the safe_fixer util that was included, but that just showed the saves (with status OK).

No mods or anything other then the original files supplied in the Platinum Edition were installed.

Reinstalling KB The Legend to get back to a working situation now.

Happy to try again if you have a different set I need to try.

Cheers,
Doc

DrAtomic1
09-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Yay, I've found a work around!!!!

It works with This Patch intended for the Atari version (ftp://ftp.1cpublishing.eu/Patches/Kings_Bounty/atari17.zip)

Now shows: Version 1.7, build 35,234
Side effect: Added Atari leader when starting up the game (lol).

This thread set me on the track of trying the atari patch: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14324

DrAtomic1
09-17-2010, 01:07 AM
Yay, in other good news, the registration key surfaced as well. It looks like it was an automated process that released the code by sending it per e-mail at which point it was also made visible in the purchases section of Yuplay.

A simple message saying; Pre-order: you will be able to download and install this game but it requires an serial number and activation which will be provided on releaseday. Would have saved a lot of frustration.

Also as a little feedback to the programmers, why not have a simple GUI batch style thingy that lets you pick the correct setup for either crossworlds or legends (now I had to find out which setup was for what, not very customer friendly plus it puts unneeded pressure on support). Also releasing an old version of The Legend is beyond my understanding, or at least put the correct patch in the distribution (for manual installation) if you cant streamline it in.

Ow and 2 activations only?!? I hate DRM, what if I want to reinstall and play the game again in 10 or 15 years from now? Yes it does happen. Have a look at the Stardock model, that works far better imho.

Anyways... back to playing The Legend, will be a while before I get to all the new stuff lol.

Ps. besides making me remember why I switched to console gaming (port this series to the xbox! would be great as xbla per episode for 800 each or something), I'm loving the game and would recommend it to everyone!

Sneaksie
09-17-2010, 06:28 AM
A simple message saying; Pre-order: you will be able to download and install this game but it requires an serial number and activation which will be provided on releaseday. Would have saved a lot of frustration.

Also as a little feedback to the programmers, why not have a simple GUI batch style thingy that lets you pick the correct setup for either crossworlds or legends (now I had to find out which setup was for what, not very customer friendly plus it puts unneeded pressure on support). Also releasing an old version of The Legend is beyond my understanding, or at least put the correct patch in the distribution (for manual installation) if you cant streamline it in.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Shakespeare, Hamlet

:) I'm glad to hear that you solved your problems. Unfortunately, it seems Yuplay forgot to provide a link to correct patch or update the version they sell.

Ow and 2 activations only?!? I hate DRM, what if I want to reinstall and play the game again in 10 or 15 years from now? Yes it does happen. Have a look at the Stardock model, that works far better imho.

Various distributiors use various payment and DRM models. For example, Steam don't have an activations limit (but you do need to have Steam client installed and running, of course).