PDA

View Full Version : Crossworlds - too few new content? Hell no! :)

Sneaksie
09-13-2010, 08:32 AM
Due to recent Steam mistake, some people have already completed two new short campaigns. You may think that they are in the game just for a line in press-release and no big deal at all, but they definitely aren't.

- There are nine different guilds and eleven assistants in Champion of the Arena campaign. Do you really think that one playthrough is enough?
- By the way, main hero death in battle in Champion of the Arena is not the end ...
- Your allies and enemies in the Defender of the Crown campaign are RANDOM, each time you'll encounter challenge of another kind. Start a new game and see for yourself.
- There are new tactical challenges on arenas in the Defender of the Crown: Force Barriers, Barracks, traps. Their effects are too cool to describe here, see them for yourselves;)
- There are several dozens of new items in the main campaign, including connectable and alterable ones
- New abilities for good old creatures from previous games. For example, Bone Dragons can eat corpses and ...
- Dishonest wickedness of the Mage tower. You should choose which creatures you pick for the next fight really carefully ...
- The editor is capable of truly game-changing corrections and additions. Castles giving you profit in gold each day? Enemy heroes collecting treasure chests? You can do this and much more.
- There is already a thread here about Rune Mages and game-changing possibilities they bring
- LIVING items. Do you want to taste fruits that grew up on a... strange bow you've recently found? Or listen to its advice?

There are tons of another little things developers made for you and carefully hid in the depths of Crossworlds, good luck and have fun :grin:

Mandea
09-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Not the end if you die in CoA you say. interesting. I didn't die but I wonder what would await me if I did.

The enemies in defender of the crown are not entirely random. I played it 3 times. Every time the first fight had lizzardmen. yes, different types, but the same race every time.

I found out that a way to make the game easier is by buying living items and upgrading them. You have more money and experience in the end.

However both campaigns are worth playing many times.

rancor26
09-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Not the end if you die in CoA you say. interesting. I didn't die but I wonder what would await me if I did.

The enemies in defender of the crown are not entirely random. I played it 3 times. Every time the first fight had lizzardmen. yes, different types, but the same race every time.

I found out that a way to make the game easier is by buying living items and upgrading them. You have more money and experience in the end.

However both campaigns are worth playing many times.

Ya when they say random they never mean completely random although you can randomize everything pretty easily (takes a lot of time though). Before in KB-AP you had to change embryos files which was pain in the ass but luckily they've included army editing etc. on the new editor so now it's even easier. Only thing you have to do is change enemy army to have a possibility to have all units from level 1-5 and possibility to have all races and after that just change the percentages to same so every slot has the same possibility to spawn any unit. I propably make a tutorial for this later if someone needs it.

Mandea
09-13-2010, 12:57 PM
it would be great. However, I don't know yet if you can modify the game files regarding AP, defender and champion campaigns. I don't want to make a new scenario, just to improve those that already are.

question: how do you scale the enemy forces to be powerfull enough when you modify or create a scenario? is there an easy way? (aside from "try and test" method)

rancor26
09-13-2010, 01:30 PM
it would be great. However, I don't know yet if you can modify the game files regarding AP, defender and champion campaigns. I don't want to make a new scenario, just to improve those that already are.

question: how do you scale the enemy forces to be powerfull enough when you modify or create a scenario? is there an easy way? (aside from "try and test" method)

When you start the editor you can either make a new session or choose one of these: defender, orcs, champion. Those are the new campaigns choose the one you want to edit. About your question... yes there's an easy way to change the troop size it is to edit their leadership. Let me have a screenshot here and explain as far as i know the different things you can do on the editor.

http://i56.tinypic.com/m8fn0h.jpg

Now i'll explain the things i know from that picture:

Punishment=what happens when you defeat the army, rebirth=he will spawn again somewhere else, total defeat is pretty self-explanatory
Now in this case the hero is level 32 but his leadership can be from level 31 to 33 (you can manually put exact leadership you want without following the level dependant leaderships) and has 8415-11869 leadership (it is determined randomly at the beginning of the game)
Then about the army... like you can see he has 5 possible troops slots and you may be wondering what "orc, 1:5" means, it means in that slot he has a unit from the orc race and between level 1-5 and the second slot has a unit from the orc race and between level 1-4... third slot either has bears, ancient bears, beholders (and the list continues a little but u cant see it), cyclops, wolves, hyenas or trolls, slot 4 goes the same and slot 5 goes the same style... Percent means for example on the first slot it says "10:20" on the percent line it means that the number of units in that slot will be 10-20 percentages of the heros leadership rest goes the same. I'm not sure about the rest i think amount means that you can manually put the number of units you want there. Even though i read the editor tutorial that came with the game i didnt really understand what "weight" and "filling type" are but i explained the main thing i guess i could do some experiments with those to learn what they are. :-)

Mandea
09-13-2010, 01:38 PM
man, this editor is so hot :D
I love it already. Thank you very much, it is quite easy. I will have no problem tailoring those scenarios to my needs.

jake21
09-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Does crossroad make giftbag obsolete or should we reinstall gift bag after crossroad ?

Due to recent Steam mistake, some people have already completed two new short campaigns. You may think that they are in the game just for a line in press-release and no big deal at all, but they definitely aren't.

- There are nine different guilds and eleven assistants in Champion of the Arena campaign. Do you really think that one playthrough is enough?
- By the way, main hero death in battle in Champion of the Arena is not the end ...
- Your allies and enemies in the Defender of the Crown campaign are RANDOM, each time you'll encounter challenge of another kind. Start a new game and see for yourself.
- There are new tactical challenges on arenas in the Defender of the Crown: Force Barriers, Barracks, traps. Their effects are too cool to describe here, see them for yourselves;)
- There are several dozens of new items in the main campaign, including connectable and alterable ones
- New abilities for good old creatures from previous games. For example, Bone Dragons can eat corpses and ...
- Dishonest wickedness of the Mage tower. You should choose which creatures you pick for the next fight really carefully ...
- The editor is capable of truly game-changing corrections and additions. Castles giving you profit in gold each day? Enemy heroes collecting treasure chests? You can do this and much more.
- There is already a thread here about Rune Mages and game-changing possibilities they bring
- LIVING items. Do you want to taste fruits that grew up on a... strange bow you've recently found? Or listen to its advice?

There are tons of another little things developers made for you and carefully hid in the depths of Crossworlds, good luck and have fun :grin:

Jaedar
09-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Defender of the crown is indeed awesome. There may only be 6 battles, but it feels like so much more because of the variety. I didn't really like champion of the arena, but that's mainly because I didn't really like the bossfights, and I got stuck :)

Zhuangzi
09-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Does crossroad make giftbag obsolete or should we reinstall gift bag after crossroad ?

You need to uninstall gift bag and maybe even do a clean install of AP apparently. Not sure if Crossworlds makes the gift bag obsolete, but I expect it does.

jake21
09-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Yes I know that; but AFTER we install crossworlds should we reinstall gift bag or does crossworld make it obsolete ?

You need to uninstall gift bag and maybe even do a clean install of AP apparently. Not sure if Crossworlds makes the gift bag obsolete, but I expect it does.

JQueue
09-14-2010, 12:22 AM
Obsolete don't reinstall. They appear to have gift bag stuff and then some.

Not really sure how I feel about it though... More sets == more possible fragmentation of complete sets.

I have 3/4 pieces of Dragon Toy artifact, 2/3 pieces of Belt of the Victor artifact, etc. If I were to mod anything in the original campaign, it would be to ensure that you get at least 1 large complete set/ assembled artifact in a playthrough.

Mandea
09-14-2010, 05:41 AM
In diablo 3 you will have the posibility of creating/buying the last piece of a set should you be in need (like you say 3/4, 2/3). I would love to see the same in KB. maybe the editor will help us.

Saiko Kila
09-14-2010, 09:42 AM

Gift Bag appears as another campaign, so you have five in total: original one, gift bag, and three new ones including orcs. Gift bag is really only the original campaign plus items, so you can play it if you don't like new campaign for some reason.

rancor26
09-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Gift Bag appears as another campaign, so you have five in total: original one, gift bag, and three new ones including orcs. Gift bag is really only the original campaign plus items, so you can play it if you don't like new campaign for some reason.

No. The items featured in gift bag are in "Orcs on the march" campaign there's no gift bag campaign. There's orcs campaign, defender, champion and original AP. I don't know if the items are in defender of the crown or champion of the arena. As stated many times you'll need clean install of AP to install CW (i cant confirm this though because i installed AP and CW at the same time) but no there isnt any gift bag campaign.

Saiko Kila
09-14-2010, 10:28 AM
No. The items featured in gift bag are in "Orcs on the march" campaign there's no gift bag campaign. There's orcs campaign, defender, champion and original AP. I don't know if the items are in defender of the crown or champion of the arena. As stated many times you'll need clean install of AP to install CW (i cant confirm this though because i installed AP and CW at the same time) but no there isnt any gift bag campaign.

But I had CW installed thanks to Stream "mistake" and checked it out thoroughly, so I stand by my comments. Note that I assume:
1. You had both KBAP and Gift Bag installed before updating to CW
2. that will work the same way after "new" release on Sept, 17th

In my case there are five campaigns. I had Gift Bag installed and is still works (and worked when CW was still unlocked, including old saves). More, the new campaigns from CW are still listed in the "downgraded" KBAP, and you can change to them, but only original one and Gift Bag work. The three new ones make the game crash (after selecting New Game), presumably because there are no resources.

The Steam did not clean install the KBAP! The date of install in Windows is the same as before. The settings are the same. The Gift Bag was installed before and remained installed. It only updated it (maybe 50% of files were changed and some added? They were changed back or deleted after "the fix").

Oh, and one thing. In KBCW every campaign has it's own color, and changes the buttons (New Game, Load Game, etc.) to that color. In my case the Gift Bag was purple. Not that any of it actually maters, because I don't believe anyone would install CW only to play Gift Bag or original campaign now, unless for sentiment ;)

Mandea
09-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Yes, but you don't need the gift bag anymore because its contents is already contained within orcs on the march. so it is obsolete now. And the other two scenarios don't have those artefacts. but I guess you can change that using the editor.

rancor26
09-14-2010, 10:33 AM
But I had CW installed thanks to Stream "mistake" and checked it out thoroughly, so I stand by my comments. Note that I assume:
1. You had both KBAP and Gift Bag installed before updating to CW
2. that will work the same way after "new" release on Sept, 17th

In my case there are five campaigns. I had Gift Bag installed and is still works (and worked when CW was still unlocked, including old saves). More, the new campaigns from CW are still listed in the "downgraded" KBAP, and you can change to them, but only original one and Gift Bag work. The three new ones make the game crash (after selecting New Game), presumably because there are no resources.

The Steam did not clean install the KBAP! The date of install in Windows is the same as before. The settings are the same. The Gift Bag was installed before and remained installed. It only updated it (maybe 50% of files were changed and some added? They were changed back or deleted after "the fix").

I dont know about the clean install thing that's just what the admins say here... anyways the point i made is that the gift bag campaign does not come with the CW and that the items are included in "orcs on the march" campaign (and possibly in def and champ).