PDA

View Full Version : Question on Platinum Edition

xenoss
09-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi, I'm new to this game so I was hoping to get the Platinum Edition which includes all the games. But I am looking for a DVD version of this, all I've been able to find are digital releases only. I'm an old school guy and like to have physical discs for collection.

For a grand release called Platinum Edition, which includes everything no less, I was under the impression that it would have a physical release to match.

Is announcement pending? Or are there no plans for such a release?

Thanks for helping.

megakill
09-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Platinum edition will be shipped to retail no sooner than Q1 2011. Some territories have just released KB AP in boxed versions. So if you want to by platinum at a great price - go to Steam or GG on Sept 17th ^-)

xenoss
09-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Just to ensure I understand correctly:

There IS going to be a boxed version, just later. Likely after Q1 2011.

I dont mind waiting, but I do want to physically collect this particular game.

Dwagginz
09-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Just to ensure I understand correctly:

There IS going to be a boxed version, just later. Likely after Q1 2011.

I dont mind waiting, but I do want to physically collect this particular game.

Yes, that's basically it. Either keep checking here or keep an eye on retailers in your country.

megakill
09-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Yes this is correct.

heron1
09-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Is platinum and goty the same thing?

Dwagginz
09-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Is platinum and goty the same thing?

No. Platinum is a collection of King's Bounty: The Legend, Armored Princess and Crossworlds. I believe Game of the Year (I could be wrong) is simply Armored Princess and Crossworlds.

heron1
09-12-2010, 09:42 PM
No. Platinum is a collection of King's Bounty: The Legend, Armored Princess and Crossworlds. I believe Game of the Year (I could be wrong) is simply Armored Princess and Crossworlds.

Thanks for clearing that up, I missed the opportunity to buy the king's bounty legend collector edition so now is my second chance to nab this one.

Zhuangzi
09-13-2010, 12:00 AM
I would like to see another collector's edition like the one for The Legend (which I missed out on :( ) I doubt I would buy a physical copy of a regular Platinum Edition but if it had a lot of special goodies bundled with it.... :cool:

ironfelix
09-13-2010, 06:31 AM

You are right.

xenoss
09-13-2010, 08:54 AM
So will the Platinum physical version be some sort of "collector's edition" style package? (why else would it be released in a regular disc version so long after digital release?)

Dwagginz
09-13-2010, 09:46 AM
So will the Platinum physical version be some sort of "collector's edition" style package? (why else would it be released in a regular disc version so long after digital release?)

Armored Princess didn't get that treatment. I've heard it had a map, but that's been on/off standard for RPGs.