PDA

View Full Version : Crossworlds removed from my steam list

tithin
09-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Hey all,

I'm putting this on here because I'm not sure where else to. The steam forums are crap.

I bought crossworlds a few days ago, and gave it a shot. Had some fun with it, and logged off for the night. Came on this morning and got the message "This game is no longer free" and took me to the purchase page. Only problem is, I've already paid for the game.

I can understand not having access to it, what with it not being available for another week or so, but to have it removed from my account completely, after paying for it, is really crap.

screenshot:

http://yfrog.com/0qsteamoyp

Tianx
09-12-2010, 01:11 AM
I had the same thing happened to me. Try to log on steam in the offline mode and then switch to online. That fixed it for me. You can no longer play Crossworld though because it's not supposed to be released until next Friday. If you want to play AP again, you will have to re-validate the files and re-download the AP files, about 1GB.

tithin
09-12-2010, 01:50 AM
Re-starting steam appears to have fixed it, by changing the name to "Crossworlds pre-order"

Mandea
09-12-2010, 04:31 AM
If they take those 10 euro from my account and I woun't be able to play the game 5 days from now I'm going to bery upset. It's their mistake, they should pay for it. I will not pay more not because I can't but because it's their mistake so their employees should pay.

Not being able to play right now seems normal to me. it's not fair.

rancor26
09-12-2010, 05:47 AM
To be honest... am i the only one still being able to play the game in offline mode? lol :o

Zhuangzi
09-12-2010, 07:16 AM
To be honest... am i the only one still being able to play the game in offline mode? lol :o

If so, then I am going to be pestering you for information for the next 5 days. :-P

megakill
09-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Steam has released the game by mistake at a wrong date and at a wrong price. Now they have fixed that and game will be unlocked only on the 17th. However there is a nice bonus to the first few thousand people who bought it - 10$ instead of 20$. No additional money will be charged.

Dwagginz
09-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Steam has released the game by mistake at a wrong date and at a wrong price. Now they have fixed that and game will be unlocked only on the 17th. However there is a nice bonus to the first few thousand people who bought it - 10$ instead of 20$. No additional money will be charged.

I hope that applies to me, too, but I'm a little confused. If you bought it at the cheaper price, there's no guarantee that you'll keep it for the lower price?

Edit: Or is there any way to tell if you've got it at the lower price? It's still sat in my Steam list as a pre-order (i.e. I've paid for it) as is The Legend.

megakill
09-12-2010, 10:45 AM
I hope that applies to me, too, but I'm a little confused. If you bought it at the cheaper price, there's no guarantee that you'll keep it for the lower price?

Edit: Or is there any way to tell if you've got it at the lower price? It's still sat in my Steam list as a pre-order (i.e. I've paid for it) as is The Legend.

Well, you have it at whatever price you got it. Price was fixed to the right one only some time late night yesterday. So I know for sure that around 2000+ people got the game for just 10$. There will be no additional charges for them once the game unlocks, it will be fully playable even if you paid 10$. Preorder magic for the true fans :-)))) I don't mind really, hope my carma will be even better for this.

Dwagginz
09-12-2010, 12:27 PM
That's good to hear. At least they're honoring it instead of cancelling them all.

Mandea
09-12-2010, 01:43 PM
yes, good news. I would have canceled my pre order and bought it later (a few weeks) for a good price. but it's better now :)