PDA

View Full Version : Somebody already bought Crossworlds and have been playing with it!

xianren20
09-11-2010, 10:11 AM
:roll::roll:
Somebody already bought Crossworlds from Steam and have been playing with it!

Somebody is the member pcbun

rancor26
09-11-2010, 10:25 AM
and me, and some other guy too... and EVERYONE who bought it from steam... for some reason the steam allows you to purchase it and download and play it even before september 17...

Dwagginz
09-11-2010, 11:03 AM
And me.

Proof (http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/6138/clipboard02zg.jpg) :D

Mivo
09-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Well, that's lovely. So people who pre-ordered (and already paid) somewhere else have to wait an extra week? :(

musera
09-11-2010, 02:05 PM
You can add me to that list, gotta love steam <3 Got it cheaper than gamersgate, with original kings bounty (which I have but nice not to have to use the disc) and early ^_^

I'm sure it has been released by accident and will be locked soon ... meh I have it on my offline machine so it doesn't matter :cool:

So far the new additions are great but not spectacular. Worth the $10 I paid on it.

Dwagginz
09-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Well, that's lovely. So people who pre-ordered (and already paid) somewhere else have to wait an extra week? :(

Seems like it's a huge mess up on Valve's part. The pricing is really odd, the addition of the original game which is the same price (i.e. £6.99) seems testament to that, and it's somehow playable.

Zhuangzi
09-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Not happy. Those of us who preordered on Gamersgate have been suckered here. I don't care about the price differential ($10 is way too cheap for this game) but I'm annoyed that people are playing this now and I can't. Now that the horse has bolted, why not let us poor Gamersgate users play too? :(

nemesis99
09-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Zhuangzi, hang in there, it has to be a definite Steam screw-up as even their own site lists Crossworlds as "Coming Sept 17th" yet for whatever reason their downloader let users install and run the game yesterday. It didn't help matters that they put the pre-order up late in the afternoon on a Friday, and if they're working on the weekend they will just be arriving in the office shortly. It's no fault of Gamersgate, or Impulse, etc.

Hopefully the game can be released early on the other digital download sites as well, as the game seems to be ready. But logistics and coordination may cause some issues so they may not do that. The Steam error should be coming to a close.

rancor26
09-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Is anyone else having problems with editor? (the one u launch from kb:ap folder) i can't add any terrain really and the editor crashes very often :(

Dwagginz
09-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Not happy. Those of us who preordered on Gamersgate have been suckered here. I don't care about the price differential ($10 is way too cheap for this game) but I'm annoyed that people are playing this now and I can't. Now that the horse has bolted, why not let us poor Gamersgate users play too? :(

As was said above, it's not your fault. Valve have really badgered this up. Crossworlds went up late, the price is obviously incorrect, it's preloadable but it unlocks instantly rather than sitting there on your HDD and the editor situation is a mess. You can install an editor via the Tools menu, but there's also one in the KBAP folder once Crossworlds is installed.

Mivo
09-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Well, the best solution would be to allow the release on all sites. As it stands now, the people who pre-ordered at GamersGate, Impulse, etc. not only paid more, but also have to wait a week longer. Sure, I could cancel my GG pre-order and buy it at Steam, but I'm quite happy with GG and this isn't their fault.

rancor26
09-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Well, the best solution would be to allow the release on all sites. As it stands now, the people who pre-ordered at GamersGate, Impulse, etc. not only paid more, but also have to wait a week longer. Sure, I could cancel my GG pre-order and buy it at Steam, but I'm quite happy with GG and this isn't their fault.

Yep they should release it everywhere for now because of steam's fail and it would be nice to hear an opinion from someone who actually works for 1C.

megakill
09-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Guys, this came to us as a complete surprise - Steam releasing the product at a wrong price and before the official date. We are trying to fix that, but weekend doesn't help a lot.

nemesis99
09-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Steam has now fixed the price back to 19.99

Mrzafka
09-11-2010, 07:07 PM
I've just bought AP and Crossworlds on Steam. The prices seem to be correct, and Crossworlds expansion is not yet available for download. So it seems that they've fixed it. I hope that September 17th everything will go much more smoothly :o

Saiko Kila
09-11-2010, 07:27 PM
I've just bought AP and Crossworlds on Steam. The prices seem to be correct, and Crossworlds expansion is not yet available for download. So it seems that they've fixed it. I hope that September 17th everything will go much more smoothly :o

If they've fixed that maybe they will disable the already downloaded and installed games. They can do it, I think. They were doing such things previously.

EDIT: Yes, they did it.

rancor26
09-11-2010, 07:46 PM
If they've fixed that maybe they will disable the already downloaded and installed games. They can do it, I think. They were doing such things previously.

EDIT: Yes, they did it.

Sorry to say but people who already downloaded it can atleast play it via offline mode. Sucks for people who bought the game from somewhere else or later though... i wonder if the guy who opened the early access got fired lol...

Saiko Kila
09-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Sorry to say but people who already downloaded it can atleast play it via offline mode. Sucks for people who bought the game from somewhere else or later though... i wonder if the guy who opened the early access got fired lol...

Well, I tried and I can't. When I started in offline mode, the game disappeared from list, and did not return after going online again. Also, when I try to start kb.exe in offline mode steam says that the game "is not ready to be played in offline mode", and when I try to start it in online mode then steam takes me to the store page. It's okay with me, as long as it will be available on the day of premiere.

I don't believe they fired the guy responsible for it, if they fired these guys every time that happens they would be seriously understaffed by now ;)

rancor26
09-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Well, I tried and I can't. When I started in offline mode, the game disappeared from list, and did not return after going online again. Also, when I try to start kb.exe in offline mode steam says that the game "is not ready to be played in offline mode", and when I try to start it in online mode then steam takes me to the store page. It's okay with me, as long as it will be available on the day of premiere.

I don't believe they fired the guy responsible for it, if they fired these guys every time that happens they would be seriously understaffed by now ;)

Well it works for me lol... i just better stay offline until 17th...

JQueue
09-11-2010, 08:01 PM

Like megakill said, it probably doesn't help the crisis any that this happened so close to the weekend, or for the russians perhaps on the weekend, but I imagine that fingers will be pointed and that heads will roll.

In that way I really hope it was Steam that F'ed it up, that way the 1c/katauri guys can get compensated and don't have to punish their own people.

Also, would it be in bad taste of me to ask whether anyone has been able to raise their Adrenaline level past 2 in the Orcs on the March campaign? It seems it gets rooted at level 2, maybe you need spells or something.

Saiko Kila
09-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Well it works for me lol... i just better stay offline until 17th...

Interestingly, I cannot play the KB:AP also. It takes me to the store page... Bad, bad Steam :evil:

rancor26
09-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Interestingly, I cannot play the KB:AP also. It takes me to the store page... Bad, bad Steam :evil:

I guess you were online when it applied some update... i also think that if i go online i can't play anymore (it propably updates so that u cant play anymore) so my plan is to be offline until 17th and then see what happens.

Saiko Kila
09-11-2010, 08:27 PM
I guess you were online when it applied some update... i also think that if i go online i can't play anymore (it propably updates so that u cant play anymore) so my plan is to be offline until 17th and then see what happens.

If you can stay offline for so long, then it would be better and safer to do so. My problems with installing Crossworlds earlier today were also caused by Steam updating files (it was updating original KBAP and downloading Crossworlds simultaneously, and I had to validate twice). Because both games share the same data, and steam guys messed badly, it seems the updated KBAP is ciphered. I suppose that it would be enough to validate it (validation compares checksums and redownloads files deemed invalid), because they've probably fixed that by now, or will do it quickly, but I'll wait. That's enough fun for today, hehe.

Zhuangzi
09-12-2010, 12:20 AM
Well, as long as Steam can disable the game now I guess it's okay. There's nothing more annoying than starting to see new threads pop up about playing Crossworlds from people who are obviously playing already. :evil:

This is why I trust Gamersgate much more than I do Steam. :)

megakill
09-12-2010, 07:25 AM
I am sorry about all these Steam issues that came to us as a complete surprise yesterday... We will talk to them on Monday and make sure that everything works for everybody just ok and game is properly unlocked on the 17th

Mivo
09-12-2010, 08:58 AM
Are you guys sure it is fixed? I just logged onto Steam and it displayed a special offer for KB:TL + Crossworlds for 7.50 Euro. 75% discount. Is this legitimate?

megakill
09-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Are you guys sure it is fixed? I just logged onto Steam and it displayed a special offer for KB:TL + Crossworlds for 7.50 Euro. 75% discount. Is this legitimate?

It has to be 19,99$ or probably 14,99 in euros.... :-(
What can I say - if you can buy it for 7,5 - go for it, great price. It is not your fault that Steam messed up :-) Of course you can always buy 2 pieces to support us :-)

JQueue
09-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Hah, On September 17th I will log back on to steam and buy another copy to support you.

I decided to be paranoid and set it to offline mode as soon as I finished DLing it lol. Worse things have happened, I heard Amazons latest fib resulted in selling 600 dollar phones for 1 dollar.

megakill
09-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Hah, On September 17th I will log back on to steam and buy another copy to support you.

I decided to be paranoid and set it to offline mode as soon as I finished DLing it lol. Worse things have happened, I heard Amazons latest fib resulted in selling 600 dollar phones for 1 dollar.

Nice we are not in the phone business after all!

rancor26
09-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Btw can i start posting some gameplay videos here if people want to see the game a little? or will i get banned for posting videos of a game that isnt out yet? :-)

Mivo
09-12-2010, 11:33 AM
It has to be 19,99$ or probably 14,99 in euros.... :-(
What can I say - if you can buy it for 7,5 - go for it, great price. It is not your fault that Steam messed up :-)

They fixed that now, too! :) When I posted it was still 7,50 Euro with a bold "-75%", but now it is 14.99 Euro, so all is well! I already pre-ordered my copy at GG and that isn't changing. (GG have always been very helpful when I had issues and I even ended up with Mount&Blade for free when there was an error and they just let me keep it.)

megakill
09-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Btw can i start posting some gameplay videos here if people want to see the game a little? or will i get banned for posting videos of a game that isnt out yet? :-)

Well let's have a deal here - if you are happy about the game, I can live with you sharing a few videos. If you start posting things like the game is bad, we will ban you and even send couple comprades with Kalashnikovs to your house to fix the problem forever, tovarish! :))

Anyway, it is not your fault that Steam unlocked the game too early and it is free world here.

rancor26
09-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Well let's have a deal here - if you are happy about the game, I can live with you sharing a few videos. If you start posting things like the game is bad, we will ban you and even send couple comprades with Kalashnikovs to your house to fix the problem forever, tovarish! :))

Anyway, it is not your fault that Steam unlocked the game too early and it is free world here.

Alright, cool :grin:

xianren20
09-12-2010, 12:09 PM
It's my fault...
It's my fault...
It's my fault...
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

jake21
09-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Why is it your fault?

It's my fault...
It's my fault...
It's my fault...
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

xianren20
09-12-2010, 12:40 PM
I posted this thread sothat Steam found this BUG so fast and fixed it
And I just bought it,found could not download KB-CW
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

rancor26
09-12-2010, 01:00 PM
I posted this thread sothat Steam found this BUG so fast and fixed it
And I just bought it,found could not download KB-CW
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Lol i dont know what kind of dreamworld you live in but trust me it had nothing to do with your thread...

Dwagginz
09-12-2010, 01:19 PM
I have a strong feeling our apologetic friend is a bot or a spammer.

Pretty sure this topic was split off from another one, so there's no way he/she could have "posted this thread".

megakill
09-12-2010, 03:18 PM
I have a strong feeling our apologetic friend is a bot or a spammer.

Pretty sure this topic was split off from another one, so there's no way he/she could have "posted this thread".

Well I noticed the problem of Steam because some people posted here.
Th eproce problem was obvious but early unlock was the second surprise...