PDA

View Full Version : Crossworld campaign question

reverend
09-01-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm a bit confused by the product description on the Gamersgate site (preordered today! :D)

Does Crossworlds INCLUDE the whole Armored Princess campaign, or is it ONLY the new stuff?

bladeking77
09-01-2010, 09:46 AM
3 versions for King's Bounty: Crossworlds

1C company has announced that King's Bounty: Crossworlds will be sold in three different versions. Before I go further still says that for now it does not concern France since it leaves our shores as December 10. The first for a price of $ 19.99 will require the game KB: Armored Princess to settle and it will add all new features and campaigns Crossworlds. The second for a price of $ 29.99 will be a standalone version of Crossworlds and will not request any other game to work. The third will find ourselves in a pack Crossworlds more original King's Bounty for a price of $ 34.99.

http://www.rpgfrance.com/actu-7648-versions-pour-kings-bounty-crossworlds

I think that this should answer your question.

Zhuangzi
09-01-2010, 11:15 AM
That doesn't really answer the question, as I can only see the $20 version on Gamersgate and it says it's a standalone expansion. It doesn't matter to me as I've already got AP, but it might matter to someone.

reverend
09-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Actually that's even more confusing.

19.99 should be the 'add-on'. Gamersgate bills 19.99 as 'stand alone'.
The standalone version "does not request any other game" still doesn't say if that is because it only has new content or if it is because it contains all previous content.

Zhuangzi
09-01-2010, 11:16 AM
I can only assume that the new price for the 'standalone' Crossworlds is $20 (or actually $17 with preorder) - at least on Gamersgate.

Also, reverend, one of the new campaigns (Orcs of the Marsh) is a reworked version of the AP campaign - so there won't really be any unique AP content that will be missed. In guess the only issue for some people is are they supposed to install this over AP or not?

Nike-it
09-01-2010, 11:17 AM
We contacted GamersGate and I'll post all details when we get the answer.

reverend
09-01-2010, 12:40 PM
I can only assume that the new price for the 'standalone' Crossworlds is $20 (or actually $17 with preorder) - at least on Gamersgate.

Also, reverend, one of the new campaigns (Orcs of the Marsh) is a reworked version of the AP campaign - so there won't really be any unique AP content that will be missed. In guess the only issue for some people is are they supposed to install this over AP or not?

Actually, that was exactly the information I was looking for. ;)

I'm notoriously short on HD space and wanted to know if I can uninstall AP or if I should finish AP first and then install CW.
If CW contains a 'directors cut' of the AP campaign, this is great. Like I said, the advertisement on Gamersgate is just really confusing.

Nike-it
09-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Actually, that was exactly the information I was looking for. ;)

I'm notoriously short on HD space and wanted to know if I can uninstall AP or if I should finish AP first and then install CW.
If CW contains a 'directors cut' of the AP campaign, this is great. Like I said, the advertisement on Gamersgate is just really confusing.

To run Crossworlds you need installed Armored Princess on your PC, so do not uninstall it. Together with Armored Princess it requires smth like 5,5 gb.

Mivo
09-01-2010, 01:13 PM
GamersGate has two versions of Crossworlds, one is the expansion only (that requires AP), the other is the GOTY version that includes AP. More info in this thread (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=16183). :)

reverend
09-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Ah. I see that Gamersgate has changed their description from 'standalone' to 'addon'. That, of course, clears it up.

Thanks for your quick replies and contacting Gamersgate! :)