PDA

View Full Version : Why have 505 games and the 1C Company abandon our PS3 and XBOX community?

QBlackDeathQ
09-01-2010, 03:29 AM
Why have 505 games and the 1C Company abandon our PS3 and XBOX community?
The reason why I have posted this in lieu of my long absence, (about the day that operation flashpoint dragon rising was debut) is that I have seen that a lot the community have just stopped playing this game and have left it to the War birds of arcade (not a bad thing). I think that the support of this game by developers has dwindled in a reciprocal correlation to “our” Community’s interests! In layman's’ terms because there has been such a small amount of interest in this game people have not purchased enough volumes to warrant support (DLC, updates “FW-190/P-51 brick fix”) or a sequel to this great chapter in great NEXT GEN WWII flight simulators of which on the NEXT GEN consoles there is no equal!!! I have heard rumors that the sequel of this game, Birds of prey which should take place in the pacific theater has given way to a helicopter game by the name of Apache Assault. Although this is interesting it will not supersede the interest in the War Birds of WWII and as a result It will have diminishing returns even greater then birds of prey >as it stands<! Yes developers do have to supply arcade users as well as Sim consumers. The key to profit is having a product that the community wants to buy and nurture that need with DLC and updates. If 505 and C1 nurture this need add new content like rearming/fueling when lading on an allied base (or added carrier landings (pacific theater) more people would be interested, and it does not take much. What do you think?

Zatoichi_Sanjuro
09-01-2010, 04:49 PM
My eyes...the goggles... et cetera.

QBlackDeathQ
09-01-2010, 10:26 PM
My eyes...the goggles... et cetera.

I am trying to get the edge in the air; next time I go up not many people will be able to see me again:grin:

Gilly
09-02-2010, 08:04 AM
Probably due to people going off and playing operation flashpoint when it cane out.......!!!

dkwookie
09-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Let's face it this game is the best possible WW2 game I could hope to play. There are lots of things I would love to see in there but that's human nature, you get something great then after a while you want more.
The only things that disappoint me are the inability to play more than 10 players without super lag. That and the ps3 reset bug when someone joins a game without an aircraft.
It's coming up to a year since I got this game. No other game since Goldeneye on N64 has give me so much fun. By the way what is it's birthday? Was it released 24th September 2009?

KAV
09-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Let's face it this game is the best possible WW2 game I could hope to play. There are lots of things I would love to see in there but that's human nature, you get something great then after a while you want more.
The only things that disappoint me are the inability to play more than 10 players without super lag. That and the ps3 reset bug when someone joins a game without an aircraft.
It's coming up to a year since I got this game. No other game since Goldeneye on N64 has give me so much fun. By the way what is it's birthday? Was it released 24th September 2009?

Totally agree, this game is just awsome.

I still got loads of fun in that box, purchased about 11 months ago.
I get good laughs and great flying with all you great psn guys, and even made it to Flying legends together with some great guys due to this game.

As of support, yes I would love to see upgrades, DLC and development of the game. But I still get loads of entertainment as it is. There are so many online options, settings, flyabouts, historic matches, photoshoots or just some plane offline simming in Single missions to do to really be missing further development.
I got many hours on this game the last 11 months, and still got many to come.

My name is KAV, and I am a BoPoholic.

Gilly
09-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Agree completely with both dk and kav. I don't know a game that has and still does grip me like BoP. I can forgive it's shortcomings as most of us regulars have adapted our gameplay to negate these but it saddens me that a game with such potential never really stepped up to the mark to realise this.
That all aside I haven't played a game where ive had so many laughs with so many really great mates ( and the odd 'heed the ball'). As kav mentioned this game directly led to 6 of us going to the legend show at duxford in July for what is going to become an annual event. How many games can you say create friendships and a community like this. Wanko57 aside, thanks to all who have flown with/ against me in the past 12 months and here's to shooting you down/ being shot down for the next 12 months.
Thanks all for creating a community second to none.

FOZ_1983
09-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Agree completely with both dk and kav. I don't know a game that has and still does grip me like BoP. I can forgive it's shortcomings as most of us regulars have adapted our gameplay to negate these but it saddens me that a game with such potential never really stepped up to the mark to realise this.
That all aside I haven't played a game where ive had so many laughs with so many really great mates ( and the odd 'heed the ball'). As kav mentioned this game directly led to 6 of us going to the legend show at duxford in July for what is going to become an annual event. How many games can you say create friendships and a community like this. Wanko57 aside, thanks to all who have flown with/ against me in the past 12 months and here's to shooting you down/ being shot down for the next 12 months.
Thanks all for creating a community second to none.

Have to agree, this community is small now but very strong. Everyone (with the exception of "wanko") gets on and shares a great enthusiasm for this title. Many who dont play as much (me included) still spend alot of time on this forum, because of the great people here.

Its a real shame rivalry and money etc make it impossible to play cross platform, because without a doubt it would be a superb game.

Its good to see PS3 and us 360 players come together and have a laugh etc and help each other out.

:D

SEE
09-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Have to agree, this community is small now but very strong. Everyone (with the exception of "wanko")

:D

....fell off me chair when I read that FOZ... :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Lexandro
09-03-2010, 05:31 AM
The 360 owners like me got stiffed bigtime by not getting a patch. As far as we know it went to MS for certification but got rejected for some reason. The publisher didnt want to pay for the neccesary fixes to the patch for it to pass and just gave up on it completely.

Its the reason that a lot of players on 360 simply gave up and stopped playing. There are a couple of issue with the title that a simple patch would have fixed as you PS3 guys know all to well.

Why the publisher simply gave up is still a mystery to me. I have not seen a game left unpatched in a long time. Its out of the norm these days, as supporting your product to a basic level is something that any serious publisher does these days or they wont get customers purchasing their other titles. Sure BoP might not have had stellar sales numbers but it didnt do to badly either when you factor in that the genre is not as mainstream as FPS games and the lack of advertising it had.

I only stumbled across it a few weeks before release when the demo went on LIVE. I never once seen an advert or poster for it in RL. If it had even a smidgen of press Im damn sure it would have hold a LOT more units. Especially in the EU and in the UK in particular, where the Battle of Britain is commemorated every year and has major events every 10 years.

Its a crying shame because I for one love the game, and think its one of the best titles of the year on any platform.

skullblits
09-04-2010, 06:19 PM
But flashpoint is rubbish, I dunno about DLC but when it came out for console they lied about sooo much stuff, It isnt freeroam and u can only get 1 tank and fly twich during the campain, its a terriable game

Lexandro
09-04-2010, 06:57 PM
What? Who mentioned Flashpoint?

skullblits
09-04-2010, 07:41 PM
The guys above me... the game sucks

trk29
09-10-2010, 08:12 PM
"Wanko"

Please don't do this we all know who this is referring to and the ban for this person is only temporary and this will only fuel the fire.

Lets try not to single out anybody. If needed use the pm function.

Thanks