PDA

View Full Version : Why should AV8R from Arcade and Realistic move to Sim?

QBlackDeathQ
09-01-2010, 02:54 AM
Ok many people have asked me this question online on the ps3. The answer is that Sim offers a more authentic feel and level of realism to the game. Yes I know that on Sim you can’t lock In the cockpit view and for those who like flying this way kudos to you and I, but the fact is that this was done to better accommodate new AV8Rs (players) to this game as well as game type. If this was done for this particular reason I would whole heartedly agree. Why do you as the community think that Arcade players should move over to sim?

Robotic Pope
09-01-2010, 10:10 PM
huh? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Shadowcorp
09-01-2010, 11:59 PM
There is no real answer here, people will play whatever mode they enjoy the most and fairplay to them they do.

QBlackDeathQ
09-04-2010, 08:16 AM
fair enough

vdomini
09-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Ok many people have asked me this question online on the ps3. The answer is that Sim offers a more authentic feel and level of realism to the game. Yes I know that on Sim you can’t lock In the cockpit view and for those who like flying this way kudos to you and I, but the fact is that this was done to better accommodate new AV8Rs (players) to this game as well as game type. If this was done for this particular reason I would whole heartedly agree. Why do you as the community think that Arcade players should move over to sim?

What does AV8Rs mean? :confused:

Gilly
09-08-2010, 08:52 AM
What does AV8Rs mean? :confused:

Text speak! Abuse of the English language- Aviators!!!

vdomini
09-08-2010, 09:02 AM
Text speak! Abuse of the English language- Aviators!!!

EEEEeeeecch!!! tanks :o

Next time i'll google it :( thanks for telling me

Robotic Pope
09-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Yeah, I thought he was talking about the AV8R Joystick. (New players using AV8R's)

markyboyacebassist
09-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Yeah, I thought he was talking about the AV8R Joystick. (New players using AV8R's)

me too DOH!:(

Gilly
09-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Took me a while!

QBlackDeathQ
09-11-2010, 07:38 AM
ha-ha; you guys are funny, but I think that a lot of new players as well as some vets just gave up on the sim part of this game and it’s a real shame. I think that sim gives the player more control over his aircraft, and it’s a bit thrilling to track someone manual while still flying the plane, and a bit scary when that PO-ed pilot pulls a move that makes you over shoot, landing you square in his sights. Ha I just cringe thinking about it.

Robotic Pope
09-11-2010, 04:01 PM
ha-ha; you guys are funny, but I think that a lot of new players as well as some vets just gave up on the sim part of this game and it’s a real shame. I think that sim gives the player more control over his aircraft, and it’s a bit thrilling to track someone manual while still flying the plane, and a bit scary when that PO-ed pilot pulls a move that makes you over shoot, landing you square in his sights. Ha I just cringe thinking about it.

Ah yes, I agree. I believe it is a fault of the game really as there isn't a difficulty curve as you normaly expect with games. Instead we have just 3 big jumps in difficulty in which you cannot use the same skills and tactics, in fact you need to unlearn what you have learned playing arcade to be able to fly in sim well. This obviously works in reverse too, BoP is probably the only video game in existence where the best players who play the hardest dificulty will get soundly beaten by the best guys who only play on the lowest difficulty.

We expeirenced sim players also often unwittingly make it more difficult for players new to sim, we don't realize how difficult it is making the jump from realistic or arcade to sim mode. They are not acustomed to having to search for their enemy or checking their six and map, they play the whole game never seing the enemy, constantly stalling and being killed from suprise attacks. I know how frustating it is from playing FPS games constantly getting sniped from god knows where before you see a soul, Its not fun to get owned.

I advise all players used to sim is if you get a new guy in your game- try to help them, explain the elevator sensitivity settings if they are stalling non stop. Don't bring your A game, maybe give them a kill if you can. Then they are much more likely to stick at it and continue to play sim, hopefully gaining in skill and maybe eventually giving you a good dogfight.

Rememeber there is nothing to be gained from owning.

QBlackDeathQ
09-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Ah yes, I agree. I believe it is a fault of the game really as there isn't a difficulty curve as you normaly expect with games. Instead we have just 3 big jumps in difficulty in which you cannot use the same skills and tactics, in fact you need to unlearn what you have learned playing arcade to be able to fly in sim well. This obviously works in reverse too, BoP is probably the only video game in existence where the best players who play the hardest dificulty will get soundly beaten by the best guys who only play on the lowest difficulty.

We expeirenced sim players also often unwittingly make it more difficult for players new to sim, we don't realize how difficult it is making the jump from realistic or arcade to sim mode. They are not acustomed to having to search for their enemy or checking their six and map, they play the whole game never seing the enemy, constantly stalling and being killed from suprise attacks. I know how frustating it is from playing FPS games constantly getting sniped from god knows where before you see a soul, Its not fun to get owned.

I advise all players used to sim is if you get a new guy in your game- try to help them, explain the elevator sensitivity settings if they are stalling non stop. Don't bring your A game, maybe give them a kill if you can. Then they are much more likely to stick at it and continue to play sim, hopefully gaining in skill and maybe eventually giving you a good dogfight.

Rememeber there is nothing to be gained from owning.

Ha i did that for a Player Called themeistor and let me tell you that man is a quick learner and a very excellent pilot. He is now my Wingman although now we don’t really fly on the same team anymore as we like to keep things fair. For all those who are interested the QBlackDeathQ School of aviation is always open to new and interested pilots. So send me a message and I will make you an ACE.:!:

MACADEMIC
09-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Ha i did that for a Player Called themeistor and let me tell you that man is a quick learner and a very excellent pilot. He is now my Wingman although now we don’t really fly on the same team anymore as we like to keep things fair. For all those who are interested the QBlackDeathQ School of aviation is always open to new and interested pilots. So send me a message and I will make you an ACE.:!:

Great initiative QBlackDeathQ. Your 16 player teambattles in SIM/PS3 last night were awesome. Plenty of players now moving into sim, although I believe it's one of the great features of this game that it comes in three different versions. Wouldn't say necessarily is a natural progression for everybody to move toward sim, it really depends what you enjoy and there are many good reasons why people may decide to stay in Arcade or Realistic. I'm lucky to have good eyesight but for some this might be a problem.

I'm happy however how Sim is gaining momentum and is becoming more and more populated these days. Amazing how this game is picking up pace one year after release (something I hope does not go unnoticed by the game developers and publishers so they can consider another patch, DLC or sequel to include cockpits for all planes and some other necessary fixes).

I'm planning to offer training opportunities for sim newbies within the P-51 Mustang Purist Club to include Sim, Cockpit, Full Sensitivity and flying on Cockpit Instruments, without HUD. And more training opportunities for formation flying and tactics, for Club members.

MAC

QBlackDeathQ
09-14-2010, 03:39 AM
Great initiative QBlackDeathQ. Your 16 player teambattles in SIM/PS3 last night were awesome. Plenty of players now moving into sim, although I believe it's one of the great features of this game that it comes in three different versions. Wouldn't say necessarily is a natural progression for everybody to move toward sim, it really depends what you enjoy and there are many good reasons why people may decide to stay in Arcade or Realistic. I'm lucky to have good eyesight but for some this might be a problem.

I'm happy however how Sim is gaining momentum and is becoming more and more populated these days. Amazing how this game is picking up pace one year after release (something I hope does not go unnoticed by the game developers and publishers so they can consider another patch, DLC or sequel to include cockpits for all planes and some other necessary fixes).

I'm planning to offer training opportunities for sim newbies within the P-51 Mustang Purist Club to include Sim, Cockpit, Full Sensitivity and flying on Cockpit Instruments, without HUD. And more training opportunities for formation flying and tactics, for Club members.

MAC

Excellent idea! Just take it slow on the cadets, flying full sensitivity and having the hud off might discourage newcomers if introduced too abruptly. I would make it a smooth progression, I am thinking about making flights for the FW-190 club taking into consideration a new cadet’s abilities, And assigning officers to help proctor new cadets in their flight’s classification as well as recommend new cadets for promotion from their current flight.

D. Will have full hud and the ability to setup their sensitivity the way they like.

C. Will have full hud and a slightly higher more challenging sensitivity setting.

B. Will have minimal hud and full sensitivity.

A. will have no hud and full sensitivity. These will be the elites of the squadron.