PDA

View Full Version : Very cool Crossworlds impressions from RPS

Divebomb
09-01-2010, 01:10 AM
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/08/31/wot-i-think-kings-bounty-crossworlds/

Oops. This was intended to be an initial impressions post rather than a Wot I Think, as I didn’t have the time to give Crossworlds enough of a shake for a verdict. Or so I thought, in my guilelessness. This is a King’s Bounty game, though. It’s a strategy-roleplaying mash-up that plum doesn’t care whether you have time or not. Show it even a hint of your soul and it’ll eat it, with a beaming smile but without any remorse whatsoever.

So here I am, far too many hours later: exhausted, behind on a frightening number of chores, fascinating webgames and half-hearted calls to family members, but merrily game-sated and with my pointy finger of judgement all ready to go. I’ve missed you, Kingy-kins.

He seems to be almost equal amounts annoyed that it's just an expansion to Armored Princess and really really impressed with what it does. It's a bit of a puzzling read, but very enjoyable.

Nike-it
09-01-2010, 06:36 AM
Thansk for the link.

Zhuangzi
09-01-2010, 08:40 AM
This is the line I like the best:

"It’s a sort of King’s Bounty: Greatest Hits mode, but most importantly it’s encouraging you to do better, rather than to simply slog through."

In my opinion, the weakest aspect of KB games was always the story. I never really cared for it at all. So short campaigns are fine by me.

travelingoz
09-08-2010, 06:47 PM
It's sounding great! My birthday's September 14th! Hint hint hint

vmxa
09-08-2010, 10:30 PM
I am sure I will like Crossworld just fine (already paid for it). I do think that as you play and replay a bit of KBAP you can see that it was really just a large campaign for KBTL.

You have less of everything comapred to KBTL. Yes it is an addon, but that should have made it easy to give us as much as the original. They used nearly the same stuff.

Dropping the Cage and gave a Pet. Mind you I like that, but not a lot of new code was required for AP. So I do hope that we got at least as much stuff as TL.

NOTE I am not bashing AP, I like it and I am glad I got it. It just was a little short changed. I also like the replacing the method of getting to the next land.

Zhuangzi
09-09-2010, 12:02 AM
I am sure I will like Crossworld just fine (already paid for it). I do think that as you play and replay a bit of KBAP you can see that it was really just a large campaign for KBTL.

You have less of everything comapred to KBTL. Yes it is an addon, but that should have made it easy to give us as much as the original. They used nearly the same stuff.

Dropping the Cage and gave a Pet. Mind you I like that, but not a lot of new code was required for AP. So I do hope that we got at least as much stuff as TL.

NOTE I am not bashing AP, I like it and I am glad I got it. It just was a little short changed. I also like the replacing the method of getting to the next land.

Yes, AP was shorter than TL, but I personally liked almost all of the changes and I think most players did too. In hindsight, levelling took way too long in TL. The travel time between inslands was stupid. Also the tech tree was improved in AP. So I didn't feel shortchanged at all. :cool: