PDA

View Full Version : Crossworlds video presentation form GC 2010

Nike-it
08-25-2010, 09:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdJSdSuZdKk

Zhuangzi
08-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Cool, I watched that. Here's what I learned (some of this is in the other threads, I'm sure):

3 new campaigns: Orcs of the Marsh, Defender of the Crown, Champion Arena

Also, I saw that Armored Princess itself seems to be one of the options from the splash screen, so it's basically an expansion for Armored Princess.

Orcs of the Marsh is basically a mod for the Armored Princess campaign. It's probably the Gift Bag and a few other things besides. Not sure if I can really be bothered playing through this again - it depends how different it is.

Defender of the Crown - a small campaign (6-8 hours) with randomised enemies. In this video we can see some sort of tower that spawns enemies etc. Sounds promising and looks like it will have good replay value, which is very important for us King's Bounty veterans. :cool:

Champion Arena - another small campaign that is based around 9 boss battles, the 9 bosses being those from The Legend and Armored Princess. Plus, and this is what I really like, you join a guild which restricts you to a certain race of units (elf, demon etc). This is similar to what fans were calling for after The Legend and especially the Arena battles in that game. If you play the Bounty Hunter faction you'll do lots of side quests as well. This sounds good too.

And of course the editor, which we don't know a great deal about yet.

AND, it looks like the Spirit of Rage abilities from The Legend are now spells in Crossworlds. So basically it's more of everything, all packed into the same games, with what will hopefully be a very powerful editor.

So it looks like I'm going to be playing King's Bounty for years yet. :cool:

Nike-it
08-25-2010, 12:51 PM
You are almost right about the game aspects besides the Orcs of the Marsh.

It's much bigger then just a simple Gift Bag. And moreover the Orcs now are very, very powerful and strong. In fact with some enemies you should use absolutely different tactics from what you have in Armored Princess.

And as you mentioned already Defender of the Crown will feature different very interesting types of battle arenas.

Dwagginz
08-25-2010, 01:42 PM
I heard a lot of Erebos in that ;)

So is Orcs of the Marsh more of an "actual" expansion in that it expands Armored Princess rather than being an add-on similar to Defender of the Crown/Champion Arena? If so, then I might hold off on my next playthrough until this is out.

Nike-it
08-25-2010, 01:45 PM
I heard a lot of Erebos in that ;)

So is Orcs of the Marsh more of an "actual" expansion in that it expands Armored Princess rather than being an add-on similar to Defender of the Crown/Champion Arena? If so, then I might hold off on my next playthrough until this is out.

That's exactly what you should do. I promise you will have a lot fun with it, especially if you use only new units ;)

Dwagginz
08-25-2010, 01:48 PM
That's exactly what you should do. I promise you will have a lot fun with it, especially if you use only new units ;)
I've had to limit the games I'm buying, and Crossworlds is the only one I'm getting for a while so I'll hold you to that ;)

megakill
08-25-2010, 02:35 PM
I've had to limit the games I'm buying, and Crossworlds is the only one I'm getting for a while so I'll hold you to that ;)

Then buy Crossworlds GOTY edition, it will have the original AP without Orcs on the March.
Everything at an attractive price :-)

Mandea
08-26-2010, 07:53 AM
I can't wait to get this game, I really like what I've seen so far. And with the included editor I'll tailor everything I don't like (fery few :)) to my needs

megakill
08-26-2010, 08:00 AM
I can't wait to get this game, I really like what I've seen so far. And with the included editor I'll tailor everything I don't like (fery few :)) to my needs

Well, I guess that once the editor is released, there will be dozens of free campaigns and other neat stuff produced and distributed for free. So say hi to hundreds of hours of new gameplay :-)

Tianx
08-26-2010, 11:45 PM
I am counting the days until I can place an order for this and days are getting long :(

Dwagginz
08-27-2010, 08:13 AM
Then buy Crossworlds GOTY edition, it will have the original AP without Orcs on the March.
Everything at an attractive price :-)

I've got AP, so it's going to be the "basic" Crossworlds for me ;)