PDA

View Full Version : Korsun Pocket Mission - Can't Destroy Tanks!

kronovan
08-25-2010, 01:58 AM
I completed the game on realistic a while ago, so I've been working through the missions. I'm currently on the Korsun Pocket mission where I have to destroy tanks in Stalingrad with an IL-2 - sorry can't remember the exact name. I'm certain some of my attacks are hitting home, but no matter how hard I try my bullets just seem to bounce off. I've tried ordering my wingman to attack tanks, but they don't seem capable of destroying them either. I'm actually surprised that my plane isn't equipped with bombs, as I seem to recall having them available for such missions in the main campaign.

I'm willing to admit I might just suck at such ground attack techniques, but I don't remember having this much problem using the P-51. Just in case the mission is bugged or actually broken, I thought I better post here.

1.JaVA_LGorrit
08-25-2010, 07:45 AM
That Il-2 is equipped with rockets if I remember correctly.
Taking a tank out with a cannon would take you ages.

McQ59
08-25-2010, 08:12 AM
Yeah, as I can recall the IL2 is equiped with rockets for that mission. I also recall I had a hard time finding and hitting the actuall tanks! And that is the mission were you get the radiomessage that you are hitting friendlies too? (My memory might not serve me well on this... I did it november last year)
Anyway... It's not a bug. It's just a hard time finding and knocking out the right tanks.
(I'm on ps3 - don't know anything about the xbox!)

kronovan
08-25-2010, 11:25 AM
OK, many thanks for the replies. Well rockets would definitely make things easier, but I didn't find them unless they aren't fired with the standard buttons? I'm flying with the Saitek AV8R and they're not mapped to the secondaries button like bombs are - blue on the stick. Any idea which button launches the rockets?

McQ59
08-25-2010, 11:35 AM
The reticule will be different when you are rocketpacked.
What kind of button on the Saitek that will launch them I wouldn't know. Sorry.

Lexandro
08-25-2010, 05:38 PM
The standard controls are Right Bumper for Bombs/ Left Bumber for Rockets. So whatever you have mapped the LB button to on the stick should launch rockets.

bobbysocks
08-25-2010, 07:05 PM
its been awhile since i used my AV8R but i believe its the blue X button. rockets and bombs work off of that. if you want to know if you have rockets take a look in 3rd person. you should see them plain as day under the wings.

AlxKara
08-26-2010, 12:56 PM
By the way... It's possible to finish second mission in Korsun battle from сampaign without unlimited trials? I lost 20 airplanes before finished this mission :( Unreal conditions. It looks like all fighters try to destroy only one airplane - my airplane.

bobbysocks
08-26-2010, 03:32 PM
AlxKara, keep telling your flight to cover you. you have to keep hitting that command button over and over. you may still get shot up but that should help.