PDA

View Full Version : rage gain and pet experience

lilmoon
08-24-2010, 08:45 AM
hi,

can somebody explain to me how these things work:

1) rage gaining: sometimes I get 2 points when I attack or when I get hit, sometimes many more. does it depend on the amount of damage you deal/you receive? if yes, how does it work? if not, what else? I am sure that sometimes, when I leave a small stack of archers or no retaliation enemy to have time to do my ress, even if the hit my units (little damage of course...around 10 or 20) I dont gain any rage. and this happens even before round 10.

2) dragon experience: in a fight the dragon gains the sum of the experience given by the single abilities used? does this work only once per dragon ability?
I never took much care about it, only yesterday I realized that I used probably 10 times mana accelerator but at the end I wass given very little experience. looks like to maximize dragon experience I have to use all the abilities once per fight, correct?

thanks for the help

lilmoon

Zechnophobe
08-24-2010, 09:01 AM
Dragon experience is, in short, complicated.

Experience scales with leadership sizes. So if you have more troops AT THE TIME THE ABILITY IS USED it will give less XP. But, the first use per game always gives full.

Experience decreases after the first use of an ability as well.

Experience increases if you deal damage.

Experience is based on the exact ability and upgrades it gets.

Experience is lower the lower level your hero is compared to your dragon.

Rage gain, however, is a bit less complicated. You gain rage based on the amount of damage you deal, or dealt to you. With each damage dealt, you gain a percentage of your total rage. This means more total rage straight up scales the rate you gain it.

You gain more rage from being damaged, then damaging. (This means summons are often great ways to gain rage).

You get less rage from spells.

You only get rage for dealing actual damage. Overkilling a single stack doesn't help. When you finish off a stack, you get double rage for that hit. That means killing a stack that had a lot of health left, with one strike, gains a lot more rage than getting it almost dead, and finishing it off with a flame arrow.

Rage also increases depending on hero skills and medals.

Look around the forum for more info, I have a thread somewhere in here that shows each ability and the experience it gives your dragon, and I think I put the actual calculations in it.