PDA

View Full Version : Clobber College...

bobbysocks
08-20-2010, 06:32 AM
this hit me when i was posting on another thread. for those who do not know, kit carson, he was a 357th pilot who had an impressive record. in the later years of the war...they had him run a training school that they called "clobber college". it was all about dogfighting...do and donts...tactics. any of you BoP ace of aces willing to devote time to some of the ( me included) rookies.... to teach us how to kick @$$?? now that might be a worthwhile endeavor.... could cover all realms....arcade, real, sim and xbox and PS3.... could only make the competition better!!! what do ya say???

Lost Apiarist
08-21-2010, 08:11 PM
I think this is a great idea Bobby. Now to find our "Kit Carson"....

The_Stapler
08-22-2010, 12:03 AM
I could offer some tips, but I dont know what is common knowledge and what isnt. In fact, I might try writing a FAQ. I'm no richthofen, but if it helps...

I'll get back to you on it.

Shadowcorp
08-22-2010, 11:08 AM
I'll offer my time to teach some realistic skills, participants really need a microphone to get the best out of these sessions. Contact my psn shadowcorp
no branko57 allowed i teach fighter and team tactics

bobbysocks
08-23-2010, 11:15 PM
thanks for the offers Shadow and Stapler. the psn guys should organize that up...lost and i need an xbox ace...

Rambo Rich 360
08-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Sounds like a good idea Bobby. If we can get this thing going, let me know and count me in!

I noticed your microphone is very hard to hear though (as of last nite). What's wrong with it?

bobbysocks
08-24-2010, 07:14 PM
last night...was a "college" alright and i got "clobbered"...but that isnt what i had in mind..lol. i will organize it if we can find a couple teachers. as for my mic, you arent the first person to tell me that. i dont know..i will have to mess with the settings on my stick . sim would be great if you had one of those head tracking devices...i love it but its a SOB finding targets! see ya in the sky soon..always great to fly with ya, brother.

FOZ_1983
08-24-2010, 07:22 PM
I'll offer my time to teach some realistic skills, participants really need a microphone to get the best out of these sessions. Contact my psn shadowcorp
no branko57 allowed i teach fighter and team tactics

Branko would be a good edition to any fighter training. It gives you the chance to go up against a hostile enemy and teaches you how to attack bombers properly haha. If i had a PS3 then i'd the first to sign up for that particular session.

Shadowcorp
08-24-2010, 11:58 PM
my first lesson will be anti tail gunner and b17 tactics.... or dirty tricks depends on your point of view

FOZ_1983
08-25-2010, 12:44 AM
my first lesson will be anti tail gunner and b17 tactics.... or dirty tricks depends on your point of view

I like it haha.

Would this particular lesson involve rockets? Or are they a little "to dirty?"

BeaverCompany01
08-25-2010, 05:13 AM
It appears that we are often on at the same times so I will offer to show you a few things that I find helpful Bobby. It would help if we could hear you better. I have also found that I am getting lazy lately and could use a little brush up of my own.

Gilly
08-25-2010, 10:53 AM
I'll join with Shadow in offering my services on PS3. Whilst I can happily dogfight with the best, bombing is my speciality and I'm happy to let anyone into a few 'tricks' I've learnt since starting out what seems like an age ago!!!
Happy to do any mode although I'd prefer realistic or sim and as Shadow says headsets are a must to ensure the time is worthwhile. Again I'm on GMT and normally around from 1900hrs each night.

FOZ_1983
08-25-2010, 11:10 AM
I'll join with Shadow in offering my services on PS3. Whilst I can happily dogfight with the best, bombing is my speciality and I'm happy to let anyone into a few 'tricks' I've learnt since starting out what seems like an age ago!!!
Happy to do any mode although I'd prefer realistic or sim and as Shadow says headsets are a must to ensure the time is worthwhile. Again I'm on GMT and normally around from 1900hrs each night.

Once upon a time i used to think i was fairly good at dogfighting, and with a bit of practise i can get back into it and hold my own...

But its just "not me" im not a dogfighter.....

Im a bomber interceptor, a ground attack kind of guy, a bomber!!!

Ideally i'd like a Hawker Typhoon so i can do some ground pounding, or a De Havilland Mosquito, if were going heavy then i'd take the Avro Lancaster!!

But since none of those are an option, then i'll gladly do my bomber intercepting in the Hawker Hurricane/P47 or the 109/110 and for ground pounding i'll take the Hurricane with Bombs/rockets or the P47.

This game would of been superb cross platform. :(

Maybe one day eh.

Gilly
08-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Once upon a time i used to think i was fairly good at dogfighting, and with a bit of practise i can get back into it and hold my own...

But its just "not me" im not a dogfighter.....

Im a bomber interceptor, a ground attack kind of guy, a bomber!!!

Ideally i'd like a Hawker Typhoon so i can do some ground pounding, or a De Havilland Mosquito, if were going heavy then i'd take the Avro Lancaster!!

But since none of those are an option, then i'll gladly do my bomber intercepting in the Hawker Hurricane/P47 or the 109/110 and for ground pounding i'll take the Hurricane with Bombs/rockets or the P47.

This game would of been superb cross platform. :(

Maybe one day eh.

If only Foz. Lanc+Grandslam= very happy Gilly
http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad256/paulcgill/833e9323.jpg

Would have also loved a Mossie..... I'll let Davedog post a picture of why!!
Note to Dave: insert hendon picture here!!

FOZ_1983
08-25-2010, 12:33 PM
This should be enough reasons why to love the mossie!!! She's a beauty!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=don2J7S8VjY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M00f5RxhxLY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FZvEPB4zSQ&feature=related

Davedog74
08-25-2010, 01:20 PM
ok gilly,molins 57mm anti tank gun fitted to mosquito mkXVIII

FOZ_1983
08-25-2010, 03:54 PM
ok gilly,molins 57mm anti tank gun fitted to mosquito mkXVIII

I think in the second clip i've posted, you get to see this bad bay (20 seconds in), in action, then also on the firing range, when the commentary says "it kicks like a mule"

And it sure does... it rocks the whole plane!!

Beautiful piece of machinery the mossie. Had one still been flying and i'd of seen more of it at air shows growing up then without a doubt i could of comfortably said it was my greatest aircraft. Its right up their with the Hurricane :D

bobbysocks
08-25-2010, 07:11 PM
thanks, i'll take you up on that beavercompany. i am probably going out of town this week. so maybe sunday or monday night?? we can get rambo rich ( and anyone else who wishes) in on this too.

BeaverCompany01
08-26-2010, 04:47 AM
Sounds good Bobby I'll try to look for you then!

......and please, my friends call me Beaver................lol

bobbysocks
08-26-2010, 07:32 AM
cool beaver! ( as a side note i actually went to beaver high school...not a joke). but xbox clobber college is shaping up. lonepanzerz is also thinking doing it. if we could get you two together..it would be a a very worthwhile good class...especially since we have a bunch of new xbox pilots. ought to be fun!