PDA

View Full Version : homm 6

markgil
08-17-2010, 06:00 PM
http://games.tiscali.cz/news/news.asp?id=37535&r=top

trailer:
http://computergames.ro/en/downloads/popup/id/17590/name/heroes-of-might-magic-vi-gamescom-2010-trailer-hd.html

to be released in 2011

joasoz
08-18-2010, 04:49 PM
A year ago I would have jumped of joy and bought the game on day one. Now I dont care. The always online DRM will stop me from buying it. I have bought all versions of Heroes from I to V, but its all over I am afraid.

Heroes is dead, long live Kings Bounty!!!

Zechnophobe
08-19-2010, 12:38 AM
A year ago I would have jumped of joy and bought the game on day one. Now I dont care. The always online DRM will stop me from buying it. I have bought all versions of Heroes from I to V, but its all over I am afraid.

Heroes is dead, long live Kings Bounty!!!

Yeah, I kinda agree. i tried playing HOMM 5 after King's Bounty, and... it just felt like an outdated game. No good RPG system, always running back to base for more troops, turn based just so they can limit your army.

HOMM 6 might be worth it, but they'll need to show me they've expanded the game a bit first.

Edit: Pretty Video Though...

Elias_Maluco
08-19-2010, 03:35 PM
HoMM 5 is a great game on its own right. And MP is incredilby fun and deep. HoMM and KB are different games, I like then both for different reasons.

That said, Im looking foward for HoMM 6. But that stupid evil DRM crap might prevent me from buying it. I really wanted to try Settlers 7, but I never bought it because of this bullshit. Shame on UBI.

Mivo
08-19-2010, 05:06 PM
I've got mixed feelings on the online DRM, too. I don't mind activating a game after purchasing it (or rather, I understand why it's a necessity), but having to be connected every time I play is a little much. I am usually connected when I play, so it's more of a "matter of principles" issue for me, more than a practical one. I don't really want a company to track my gaming habits, and I don't want to have to have a connection every time I play (laptop, for example).

Not to mention the possibility of the company discontinuing the service, which may not matter for a shooter or some "play through once" type of game, but it certainly does for a HoMM title. I may end up passing too, at least for the full retail price.

Zechnophobe
08-19-2010, 06:18 PM
I've got mixed feelings on the online DRM, too. I don't mind activating a game after purchasing it (or rather, I understand why it's a necessity), but having to be connected every time I play is a little much. I am usually connected when I play, so it's more of a "matter of principles" issue for me, more than a practical one. I don't really want a company to track my gaming habits, and I don't want to have to have a connection every time I play (laptop, for example).

Not to mention the possibility of the company discontinuing the service, which may not matter for a shooter or some "play through once" type of game, but it certainly does for a HoMM title. I may end up passing too, at least for the full retail price.

I completely agree. I am not completely agaisnt the idea of protecting your stuff so people don't steal it, but having to worry about losing internet connection, or lag, in a single player game just annoys me. Playing a multiplayer game and having to restart because I lost internet for 25 seconds is a peril I'm used to.

Having it foisted onto the single player experience seems... luddite.

markgil
08-20-2010, 08:08 PM
not confirmed but supposedly H6 will NOT have online DRM.

BB Shockwave
08-21-2010, 11:22 PM
Nice graphics, but I can already see two things I hated in HOMM V:

- Square tiles instead of hexagonal battlefields. Stupid for various reasons.

-Intiative system. Man, do I reaaaaly hate that. Confusing, makes certain units act twice per round while others... not act at all? And your hero has to wait in line to cast a spell too.

As much as I loved Heroes, the franchise pretty much died with IV for me. I loved III, play it to this day, but V... I tried, could not learn to like it. Get Jon Von Caneghem back, Ubisoft.

EDIT: Hmm, upon reading the german preview,apparently they actually brought back the old, KB-like battle round system! And there can now be migth and magic heroes too for all factions! I take it back... this might not be that bad.

There are still some odd things... like, only 4 types of resources, no special buildings in town (only dwellings?) and the removal of creatures like gremlins, trolls, gnolls or kobolds (there were kobolds in HOMM?) because they "did not fit into the world". As well as there being 10 factions, 5 of which is playeable... I smell a Tribes of the East type dual-evolution system here. Still, only 5 towns compared to the 9 very distinct towns of HOMMIII is a big step backwards.

Mandea
08-22-2010, 05:43 AM
There are special buildings in towns, 5 per town only 3 buildable in every one (so you need more towns to have them all).

http://www.hookedgamers.com/pc/might__magic_heroes_vi/preview/article-734.html

it's not very bad. I want to know about caravans, rebuilding your skill tree (HOMM 5 like) etc.

And I really want lots of scenarios and to feel every factions plays differently.

Mivo
08-22-2010, 09:05 AM
not confirmed but supposedly H6 will NOT have online DRM.

This would be fantastic news. I still haven't played Tribes of the East, and didn't want to get too much into HoMM again in light of the possible online DRM for HoMM6, but if they are rethinking this, that would be fantastic. :)

(But right now I'm hyped for Crossworlds!)

Elias_Maluco
08-24-2010, 06:35 PM
-Intiative system. Man, do I reaaaaly hate that. Confusing, makes certain units act twice per round while others... not act at all? And your hero has to wait in line to cast a spell too

I actually enjoy the initiative system. I think it plays more realistic than the usual fixed turn system (where a sprite will act as often as a slow treant).

I hope they keep it, changing back would be a step backwards.