PDA

View Full Version : any news on what the editor can do?

heron1
08-15-2010, 05:23 PM
As topic, more info on the editor would be nice.

megakill
08-25-2010, 11:11 AM

I don't have full details on that, but I was told it is pretty much a full developer's tool that was used by the studio itself to make the game. Guess it can do really a lot...

Nike-it
08-25-2010, 12:02 PM
The editor is really very powerful, you can not only create territories, but also add quests, scripts and etc. So everyone should be very happy, from newcomers to veterans.

heron1
08-26-2010, 01:16 AM
Thanks for the new information guys!
My real question would be, can I import my own 3d model/animated monster into the editor then have it export out into the game as a new campaign?

Nike-it
08-26-2010, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the new information guys!
My real question would be, can I import my own 3d model/animated monster into the editor then have it export out into the game as a new campaign?

Not sure, but most likely not possible.

megakill
08-26-2010, 08:34 AM

With this Editor you can modify the original game and even create separate, independent, full-scale campaigns, complete with mission maps, unique locations, and new quests.

The editor allows you to:
1) Add to the original game, by modifying or adding new game locations, arenas, items, characters, companions, enemy heroes, and quests.
2) Create a new campaign, which can be played by Bill Gilbert (or the mage or paladin from "King's Bounty: the Legend", Mateush Tein or Christian Tyler), Princess Amelie, or the knight Arthur. However, all skill trees will match those of Princess Amelie. You can give the pet dragon to any hero, but only Princess Amelie may fly.

The parts of the game editor include:
1) The map and arena editor enable you to create and modify existing locations, customizing their appearance and behavior.
2) Dialog editor.
3) Quest editor.
4) Item editor.
5) Enemy hero editor.
6) Object effect editor – enables you to assign sounds to game objects, as well as special effects, light sources, and so on.
7) Comes with a complete set of source textures, palettes, and other assets from Armored Princess.

The same editor allows you to:
1) Link together separate campaign filesets. For example, your campaign can feature various protagonists.
2) Connect external plug-ins and programs designed to work with game data. For example, interface or creature editors.

jake21
08-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Will there be an area of 1cpublishing dedicated for hosting fan made campaigns or at least providing links to them ? Sort of like hevenly games for aow2/aow2sm.
--
Of course oneconcern is most of them will be in Russian given the popularity in the region (only a concern because I cannot read Russian :( )

heron1
08-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Megakill and Nike-it,

Thanks for the information! I will dfefinitely pick up a copy :)

Nike-it
08-27-2010, 06:24 AM
Will there be an area of 1cpublishing dedicated for hosting fan made campaigns or at least providing links to them ? Sort of like hevenly games for aow2/aow2sm.
--
Of course oneconcern is most of them will be in Russian given the popularity in the region (only a concern because I cannot read Russian :( )

We will think about it. Definitely we will have a separate thread on the forum dedicated to fan made campaigns.

megakill
08-27-2010, 09:13 AM
--

I am thinking (not a promise!) that me might want to run a proper affiliate program with the modders - maybe even pack several best fan addons into a special pack and help them distribute it. For example there is a huge number of people making addons for MS flight-sim.

Let's see first how many people are interested in playing with the editor and how elaborate those mods/expansions would be.

Dwagginz
08-27-2010, 09:16 AM
I am thinking (not a promise!) that me might want to run a proper affiliate program with the modders - maybe even pack several best fan addons into a special pack and help them distribute it. For example there is a huge number of people making addons for MS flight-sim.

Let's see first how many people are interested in playing with the editor and how elaborate those mods/expansions would be.

I've got an idea. How about a competition where, perhaps from November to December, modders have two months to create a small mod of a set number of islands (such as 5 islands) and the top 3-4 winners get packaged in a special addon pack and they win a special prize (King's Bounty: The Legend - Collector's Edition with an AP t-shirt, perhaps?) and all runners up get a special addon for the game?

Just an idea!

megakill
08-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Thanks we will think about various ideas. For now we are working hard to make sure that game is out on the 17th and is as polished as possible.

heron1
08-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Thanks we will think about various ideas. For now we are working hard to make sure that game is out on the 17th and is as polished as possible.

Will we see a collector edition to Crossworlds?

*edit*

Oh nevermind, there's a GOTY edition.

JQueue
08-31-2010, 08:31 AM
Really looking forward to user made content. Personally, I'm lacking a few attributes when it comes to seeing a full campaign through to the end. Mostly attention span and the ability to come up with good names for characters.

With enough exposure and development, an IGN vault might be a good idea as well. nwvault.ign.com has always been a particularly active one.

Nike-it
08-31-2010, 08:36 AM
Really looking forward to user made content. Personally, I'm lacking a few attributes when it comes to seeing a full campaign through to the end. Mostly attention span and the ability to come up with good names for characters.

Get ready to create your own perfect king's bounty:grin:, the editor is pretty userfriendly, so I'm sure everyone will be able to create new content or just modify the existing.

JQueue
08-31-2010, 08:43 AM
Seriously, I once created a dragon named Cragon. I know a lot of developers just head butt the keyboard a couple times to make names for dragons or various mystical creatures, but I wanted something more meaningful for the casual observer.

The ultimate result was that I was so disgusted with my character names and the daunting task of naming my NPCs that I stopped development entirely.

Programming and script modding IS something I am always interested in doing though. I like editing units and generating AIs and abilities such, I hope I will be able to do this.

Nike-it
08-31-2010, 09:44 AM
Seriously, I once created a dragon named Cragon. I know a lot of developers just head butt the keyboard a couple times to make names for dragons or various mystical creatures, but I wanted something more meaningful for the casual observer.

The ultimate result was that I was so disgusted with my character names and the daunting task of naming my NPCs that I stopped development entirely.

Programming and script modding IS something I am always interested in doing though. I like editing units and generating AIs and abilities such, I hope I will be able to do this.

I'm not good at programming, but from what I've seen and heard you will be able to do a lot of things with the editor, including the ones you mentioned.

megakill
08-31-2010, 10:22 AM
We will make a special section at the KB web site about the editor - with explanations, screenshots, etc.

heron1
08-31-2010, 06:54 PM
We will make a special section at the KB web site about the editor - with explanations, screenshots, etc.

Posting some new kb editor screenshot would be nice!

Nike-it
09-01-2010, 06:49 AM
Posting some new kb editor screenshot would be nice!

Here you are:)

heron1
09-01-2010, 07:17 AM
@Nike-it

Thank you sir!

JQueue
09-02-2010, 06:31 AM
I just hope too much of the user made content isn't inaccessible on account of my inability to speak russian :/

Personally, I've thought of a few projects including a kingdom sim/dungeon crawl where the outcome of your quests determine the units, upgrades, items, and general boons that are available to you. You would hire administrators, tax your people, and feed your less productive citizens to your more productive citizens.

I've also thought of a squad based rpg with level up mechanics and other wierd features like mandatory kiting and stuff.

I have about a billion questions on the capabilities of the editor, but I'll just wait to see it myself instead of bothering everyone:/

Edit: Screenshots make it look very clean and easy to use, I like it. I also use Windows XP, so I'm guessing there won't be any serious compatability issues lol. "Alt + Print Screen" takes of picture of only the currently focused app just in case you care and didn't know btw :p

Nike-it
09-02-2010, 07:33 AM
I just hope too much of the user made content isn't inaccessible on account of my inability to speak russian :/

Personally, I've thought of a few projects including a kingdom sim/dungeon crawl where the outcome of your quests determine the units, upgrades, items, and general boons that are available to you. You would hire administrators, tax your people, and feed your less productive citizens to your more productive citizens.

I've also thought of a squad based rpg with level up mechanics and other wierd features like mandatory kiting and stuff.

I have about a billion questions on the capabilities of the editor, but I'll just wait to see it myself instead of bothering everyone:/

Edit: Screenshots make it look very clean and easy to use, I like it. I also use Windows XP, so I'm guessing there won't be any serious compatability issues lol. "Alt + Print Screen" takes of picture of only the currently focused app just in case you care and didn't know btw :p

We are preparing a big FAQ dedicated to the editor, so most of the questions will be answered.

Metroplex
10-16-2010, 04:42 AM
Giving the editor away was like giving the hen that laid the golden eggs, surely people would have bought further KB titles, now since they have been given the power to create their own Mods of the game they are less likely to buy future KB releases. (if any)

joasoz
10-19-2010, 12:06 PM
@Metroplex. I strongly disagree with your statement. The editor could give lots of replayability and attention for Kings Bounty. If there were a Kings Bounty 2 the fanbase would be large and sales would go up. As long as Kings Bounty 2 is a good game it will beat mods of Kings Bounty easily. Better questing, better units, better graphics and all that is good :)

The problem is that I see no and I mean NO result of the editor anywhere. It seems to be an ustable piece of junk software if this forum is anything to go by :(

Saiko Kila
10-19-2010, 12:32 PM
The problem is that I see no and I mean NO result of the editor anywhere. It seems to be an ustable piece of junk software if this forum is anything to go by :(

I have no problems with the editor, so I'm not complaining. There are people who have problems. It's natural you'd see only complaints. Why anyone with working editor would want to post about it? :P

onepiece
10-19-2010, 11:06 PM
Well is true that until now most of the comments have been negative about it but that's true for most of the editors out there (1C is not that big of a company to create a full proof editor anyway). But give it time (...still one month since CW release has passed) and well see some interesting results.

If some modders is listening out there, could they do a Snake centered mod please XD?

joasoz
10-20-2010, 10:29 AM
But then please post a new map/campaign already :o)