PDA

View Full Version : Any IL2 BOP players on IL2 1946 (PC)?

edal86
08-04-2010, 11:51 PM
Just for FUN:

Just wondering how many console IL2 players also own the IL2 1946 for the PC. Hopefully, we can get a game going on IL2 1946???

Is it possible to make a private match for us? I think hyperlobby is still active, maybe I can still use my old account.

If any of you guys are interested please post. (I know there is an IL2 1946 forum for this but my intention is to fly among those of this community)

SEE
08-05-2010, 01:54 AM
Have IL946 and WOP. IL1946 HL CS is Ang-1.

Haven't tried MP WOP yet ......

edal86
08-05-2010, 05:13 AM
seems like we are the only two buddy :)

If we can get at least 4 more people we can schedule something what do you say?

Gilly
08-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Met a great group of PC IL2'ers when McQ, Davedog, Kav, Iamjack and myself went to the Duxford flying Legends show. You can find them at www.skiesoffire.org or contact FS~Valisk via my friends list. Alternatively drop me a message and I'll put you in touch with them. Wish I had the hours in the day to play both but sadly all I ever see on a PC is normally work related.

McQ59
08-05-2010, 09:12 AM
I am seriously considering to buy the 1946 disc. Some five years ago I bought IL2 Forgotten battles and the pacific theatre disc, but played single player only. The main obstacle is time, and the fact that I have to buy me a new pc. Yestarday I was actually holding the 1946 game in my hands (it costs like 10£) - but put it back on the shelf.

Come rain, wind, snow and long dark nights... Who knows what I will be doing?!

I second Gilly... Great guys from skiesoffire at Duxford this summer. It is tempting...

BRIGGBOY
08-05-2010, 12:09 PM
i bought 1946 a few weeks ago and put it on ebay after 2 days. yes it is more of a proper simulation than wop but one thing i couldnt get used to were the graphics as they were showing their age, maybe i was been superficial but i will continue to play wop untill sow eventually comes out. however if wop or the sequal recieves the devs support like 1946 has over the years then the game has massive potential.

SEE
08-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Count me in!

BTW McQ59, IL1946 can be purchased from Amazon for around £5-00. Even with the ground detail being less detailed than WOP/BOP I think it's still a great SIM and so easy to get on line with using HyperLobby. SP is far better than WOP.......

edal86
08-05-2010, 11:50 PM
I actually think that the graphics are pretty good, maybe you did not tweak the settings of the water and ground, there is information of how to do this on il2 1946 forum. I know it does not compare to the graphics on BOP but it makes it many times more satisfying when destroying an enemy :)

FS~Lewis
08-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Met Gilly and a few of the chaps at Duxford this year....Was a great meet and we had a good time at the campsite...We were next to their tents but didn't talk til the Saturday evening..Dang!Sure wished we had spoke sooner...but never mind I'm sure we will make up for it next year....:)...Also Big Hello to the Norwegian fellas and big ~S~ for travelling that far to experience some of our humble Brit hospitality....

IL2 1946 PC online....

There's always room for more folks to join the small (compared to other PC games communities) group of IL2 Pc gamers we have. Most folks tend to join via Hyperlobby and I think thats still the best way to join.

Just like you chaps we are a small community following our love of WWII aircraft...(lets face it Flying one in an online flight sim is about the closest that most of us are going to get to flying the real thing)...I guess the only difference between the WOP chaps and us is we use a different tool (PC) to get access to the same thrill thats all......So If any of you do want to fly with us, against us or just have fun flying then you are always welcome over at www.skiesoffire.org and our servers.....We run 2 servers, one closed cockpit with missions based on historical battles for the die hard historians and a fun open cockpit (wonderwoman view) where you can just fly around and dogfight in pretty much any aircraft you choose...You'll find both servers in Hyperlobby and we are usually popular so near the top (and have been for 3 years)

One thing you will need if you are interested apart from obviously the game is a flight stick..... I have found in my experience talking with the vets in our community that the most popular stick is the 'Microsoft Sidewinder 2' (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH MS SIDEWINDER 1 which is usually just called the sidewinder)....You can pick these up cheap on ebay (around £10/$15 inc. postage if you look long enough) and are a good workhorse stick for new players and the experienced vets...They also last yonks (I have a squad mate who has had the same stick for 9 years)and for the used price you can't go far wrong to just to try it can you....

The website forums we have loads of stuff for new or experienced pilots to troll and we are very 'New Pilot' friendly...We realise that in order for our small community to thrive we must encourage the new and its fun to see them getting better and then kicking our experienced butts in a couple weeks too.....and that is exactly what happens...By the way any of you that do try IL2 1946 will not be 'new pilots' will you if you already have been flying WOP..I mean you already have a big head start...

And don't forget if you are worried about graphics issues then just checkout IL2 1946 on youtube..loads of stuff there..

Just a couple of issues that you may find interesting that you may/may not have on WOP is that we can 'Ntrk' on IL2....This means that we can record the whole environment (over periods of hours if we wish) to watch later from any other aircrafts point of view.....I know its only a small thing but I found this amazing when I first realised it and spent hours analyzing the way I and other pilots were flying in order to get better.....Usually at the dinner table on my laptop...to the annoyance of the missus.....hehe

We also have stats pages over at skies of fire...Here we can see who we have shot down over the month (the stats are reset every month) , who has shot us, our kill death ratio (k/d) and our gunstats (accuracy percentage)....Thought I'd mention it I don't know if you have those on WOP and they enhance the game for us when we use then.....Always interesting to try and beat your last months stats...

Anyways folks there it is....Have fun always and maybe we will see you in our servers some time...

~S~

...lew...

PS....Gill..email me if I havent given you the link to our pics of the Duxford weekend..theres a couple of you guys on them....:cool: